• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue OBR'S not so rare

stel67

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2012
Use to be finding a OBR for sale was a pretty rare find. Was looking on Gunbroker today and there are no less than 10 7.62 OBR'S up for sale...some of the buy it now prices on these made me laugh but I guess the joke may be on me when they get it!

Re: Larue OBR'S not so rare

I think the main reason why they are listed is because of the price. Many owners the profit is just too good.

Crazy prices on gunbroker. I guess people feel they will be banned before LaRue can fill the orders

Can't say I've ever seen so many AR type rifles for sale. Period. The greed factor is having everyone in a sell mode.

It's really amazing the amount of people out there buying AR's who don't even know what that fuck type of bullets they shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steaminwilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crazy prices on gunbroker. I guess people feel they will be banned before LaRue can't fill the orders </div></div>

Same with F&D and LWRCi

I haven't seen many KAC rifles for sale. I wonder why that is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jorefice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't say I've ever seen so many AR type rifles for sale. Period. <span style="color: #FF6666">The greed factor</span> is having everyone in a sell mode. </div></div>

Think you can sell salt water to a sailer?

How much do you think you could get for a Wagon Train full
of frozen Marie Callenders Pot Pies to the Donner Party?

Did you have all of your Gun STUFF by the age of 21 and not during the Clinton horse shit?

Don't be a da-da-damn high and mighty rock.

Every year men move out of the house to make it on their own. Every year men make changes in their life as to what is MOAR important. Every year men see the light...

and are late to buy the important shit at Pre-WTF prices. But, have the money to buy the important shit at rat-da-da-damn now inflated (free enterprise and capitalism) prices.

You were a once a virgin, too, but still not so da-da-damn intelligent. Don't feel bad, you have a shit load of company in the Dead Republic.

I almost sold my Larue OBR in early December - glad I didn't as I would be kicking myself right now! To celebrate, I am checking the sofa couch cushions to round up some cash for a S&B 3-20x...

what pisses me off is not that the stores are gouging the hell out of its loyal customers but that some people will pay just about anything to get one. At a local store they had a POF 308 "on sale" for $5200. I saw that same gun 3 weeks ago for $2799.

this is also a leading factor to why stores are jacking up the prices....supply & demand

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's really amazing the amount of people out there buying AR's who don't even know what that fuck type of bullets they shoot. </div></div>

Haha, I my friend bought a AR in 5.45x39 without even realizing it. Got caught up in the frenzy. Finally realized a day or two later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbuck88</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's really amazing the amount of people out there buying AR's who don't even know what that fuck type of bullets they shoot. </div></div>

Haha, I my friend bought a AR in 5.45x39 without even realizing it. Got caught up in the frenzy. Finally realized a day or two later. </div></div>

That's pretty funny.

In the midst of all this panic I can say theres one good thing that came out of it. I can finally buy the S&W Shield I've been trying to find forever. The market is flooded with them probably because all the douche balls are selling them to offset the anal destruction they're experiencing buying a $1600 Shitmaster Rifle.

Im really getting f'ing sick of this too. People are buying ar's just to buy an ar because they are freaking out over a ban that will probably never pass due to the fact that the majority of states and majority of people in congress are against the ban. People who actually want an ar, just because they want it and arent scared, are getting screwed over cause they cant find them. Like you said, people buying them probably dont even know the caliber and probably font even care what the brand is or the cost

This is the truth, and I get free market capitalism, I really do. But there are some sellers out there that ARE sympathetic. I've been in the market for the following: DPMS SASS, POF 308, Noveske N6, Black Rain Ordinance in 308 and/or a Hogan 308 or a clean Arma SuperSASS. I did consider a REPR before the frenzy, but now they're just stupidly out of reach (really. 7k?)

Things will die down and normalize again..how soon is a different story.

I stopped by brother in law from getting scammed on "Armslist" today to the tune of $2k on an LMT MRP that didn't really exist..

A little research showed a similar scam a couple days ago with the exact same phrase "Im a military Man" used in both my brother in laws conversations and the scammed buyer from earlier this week. The seller had multiple listings in multiple states and was even offering to send it without an FFL... Red flags abound!

We flagged his sales and told him the check was in the mail...

I grabbed a MSTN built Larue Stealth/Noveske combo here on the hide for the GF a couple weeks ago at a pretty decent price.
Nice to see that some of the enthusiasts haven't fallen prey to the greed we are seeing all around us!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pbmaster2k89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im really getting f'ing sick of this too. People are buying ar's just to buy an ar because they are freaking out over a ban that will probably never pass due to the fact that the majority of states and majority of people in congress are against the ban. People who actually want an ar, just because they want it and arent scared, are getting screwed over cause they cant find them. Like you said, people buying them probably dont even know the caliber and probably font even care what the brand is or the cost</div></div>

No kidding. I recently bought a BCM C8 SFW upper, and I have been trying to find a complete lower to compliment it. Can't find anything without having to pay a lot of $$$ due to inflated prices. Every company seems to be either out of stock or not even selling lowers anymore to keep up with demand.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for the panic frenzy to die down before I get a dedicated lower for it. For now it will have to be a backup upper for my KAC SR15E3 mod 1.

I am more upset than anyone about Pmags selling for $60 and such but the bottom line is that it is what it is. You guys realize that we live in a world of capitalism right? It is called supply and demand. Stop bitching about it. Are we mad when someone bought Apple stock at $200 and sold it at $700? Hell no. We are not sitting here saying "fuck i could have bought that for $200 last year and now these fuckers want $700?"

If you dont think it is worth it represent by not buying. Here we are mostly against Obama and his communism way but we are demanding that prices somehow are fixed and stay same price no matter what. That is called communism and we sure as hell dont want to live in that world. In capitalism you take advantage of the markets around you and make a profit. The owner of any gun store or private individual should be within his right to raise prices to whatever he wants without any issues.

This is not a matter of water, gas and ice during hurricanes where people try to make a quick buck by selling a bag of ice for $10 etc because those are items of necessity to survive and live during a hurricane etc. Having an AR or extra Pmags are not a mandatory to our immediate survival now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am more upset than anyone about Pmags selling for $60 and such but the bottom line is that it is what it is. You guys realize that we live in a world of capitalism right? It is called supply and demand. Stop bitching about it. Are we mad when someone bought Apple stock at $200 and sold it at $700? Hell no. We are not sitting here saying "fuck i could have bought that for $200 last year and now these fuckers want $700?"

If you dont think it is worth it represent by not buying. Here we are mostly against Obama and his communism way but we are demanding that prices somehow are fixed and stay same price no matter what. That is called communism and we sure as hell dont want to live in that world. In capitalism you take advantage of the markets around you and make a profit. The owner of any gun store or private individual should be within his right to raise prices to whatever he wants without any issues.

This is not a matter of water, gas and ice during hurricanes where people try to make a quick buck by selling a bag of ice for $10 etc because those are items of necessity to survive and live during a hurricane etc. Having an AR or extra Pmags are not a mandatory to our immediate survival now. </div></div>

I don't necessarily think that people don't understand or agree with Supply and Demand. I would think that most members on here are free market capitalists like myself, and respect the concept of paying a premium for a product that is a true rarity. I think the reason people are so frustrated with the current situation is twofold.

One, prices for the better part of a decade have remained relatively consistent. Price fluctuations, if any, were small and or easily justifiable. Now, within a month, prices have doubled and almost tripled merely because a POTENTIAL ban is looming on the horizon. Yes, I think you'd be a fool to think that some sort of ban won't pass through, especially considering the recent legislative acts that have made it through the House and Senate, but for retailers to exploit the consumer on something as speculative as that is, is offensive to their customers. A month ago you would have no problem finding mags/lowers/uppers etc. Now speculation and uneducated buyers are driving the prices through the roof. IMO, if product is still in production, the retailer has the product in stock and hasn't incurred any sort of ridiculous overhead in order to do so, then I feel the pricing should be as it was, unless one of the above factors comes in to play.

That leads in to my next point. I like to believe the gun community as a whole is made up, for the most part, of honest and reputable individuals and retailers. Today we are starting to see some of these people's true colors. People who were for a long time viewed as honest businessmen and women trying to take advantage of their loyal, longtime, educated customers. The feeling of betrayal is what is feeding consumers anger.

That's all just my two cents. I'm not bitching or moaning, just trying to shed some light on what I think the rest of the community is feeling. Take it for what it's worth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am more upset than anyone about Pmags selling for $60 and such but the bottom line is that it is what it is. You guys realize that we live in a world of capitalism right? It is called supply and demand. Stop bitching about it. Are we mad when someone bought Apple stock at $200 and sold it at $700? Hell no. We are not sitting here saying "fuck i could have bought that for $200 last year and now these fuckers want $700?"

This is not a matter of water, gas and ice during hurricanes where people try to make a quick buck by selling a bag of ice for $10 etc because those are items of necessity to survive and live during a hurricane etc. Having an AR or extra Pmags are not a mandatory to our immediate survival now. </div></div>

So I guess you like making money off the backs of dead kids then?

It is my believe that snipershide is like a family and if you are gouging on the forum you are gouging family. If you have to gouge take it to gunbroker,Craigslist or eBay leave the family out of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am more upset than anyone about Pmags selling for $60 and such but the bottom line is that it is what it is. You guys realize that we live in a world of capitalism right? It is called supply and demand. Stop bitching about it. Are we mad when someone bought Apple stock at $200 and sold it at $700? Hell no. We are not sitting here saying "fuck i could have bought that for $200 last year and now these fuckers want $700?"

So I guess you like making money off the backs of dead kids then? </div></div>

I dont know what the hell you are talking about lol. I am a physician. I dont sell any gun components or try to make money on this shit. Hell i have been looking for some 308 Pmags and will not pay the crazy prices. But i am not here bitching and moaning on why someone wants $50 for them. It is what it is. It is called supply and demand. You can make your voice be heard by not purchasing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am more upset than anyone about Pmags selling for $60 and such but the bottom line is that it is what it is. You guys realize that we live in a world of capitalism right? It is called supply and demand. Stop bitching about it. Are we mad when someone bought Apple stock at $200 and sold it at $700? Hell no. We are not sitting here saying "fuck i could have bought that for $200 last year and now these fuckers want $700?"

So I guess you like making money off the backs of dead kids then? </div></div>

I dont know what the hell you are talking about lol. I am a physician. I dont sell any gun components or try to make money on this shit. Hell i have been looking for some 308 Pmags and will not pay the crazy prices. But i am not here bitching and moaning on why someone wants $50 for them. It is what it is. It is called supply and demand. You can make your voice be heard by not purchasing. </div></div>

I'm saying these asshats who raise their prices to make a absurd profit are doing it off the backs of dead kids and can go fuck themselves with their supply and demand justification.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess the joke may be on me when they get it!
</div></div>

No, the joke will still be on them because they were stupid enough to pay that kind of inflated price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm saying these asshats who raise their prices to make a absurd profit are doing it off the backs of dead kids and can go fuck themselves with their supply and demand justification. </div></div>

That's ridiculous. They are doing it off the threat of politicians who are using the kids as justification for their gun grabbing. Blame the POLITICIANS. They are the ones that are causing the increased demand and using dead children. Not buyers/sellers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm saying these asshats who raise their prices to make a absurd profit are doing it off the backs of dead kids and can go fuck themselves with their supply and demand justification. </div></div>

As above said there have been other killings including the movie theater etc and those incidences didnt cause an increase in prices. Nobody is profiting off the dead kids' back. You can blame the dumb ass politicians by threatening to take our shit away which has causes this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: p951951951t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't seen many KAC rifles for sale. I wonder why that is.</div></div>

I don't know, and most are older ones... I have an EC on backorder right now for $3900, should have it in a month, or two at most. I just hope the mags get here in time!

OBR is what I wanted, but Larue was backed up before this, now it would be impossible to get one in a timely fashion. And I won't pay crazy prices, I don't need it THAT bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the midst of all this panic I can say theres one good thing that came out of it. I can finally buy the S&W Shield I've been trying to find forever. The market is flooded with them probably because all the douche balls are selling them to offset the anal destruction they're experiencing buying a $1600 Shitmaster Rifle. </div></div>

Where? I can't find a Shield for anything resembling a normal price ($389).

kac as a millitary contractor has the ability to produce far more rifles than most of the other AR manufacturers. with higher supply comes lower demand

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the midst of all this panic I can say theres one good thing that came out of it. I can finally buy the S&W Shield I've been trying to find forever. The market is flooded with them probably because all the douche balls are selling them to offset the anal destruction they're experiencing buying a $1600 Shitmaster Rifle. </div></div>

Where? I can't find a Shield for anything resembling a normal price ($389). </div></div>

LOL I can tell you where to find one as of a few days ago in Atlanta.......if you want it in 40.

I actually want it in 9mm, but I am near Atlanta now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wonder what an HK 416 would sell for??</div></div>

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=324737081

At the time I'm posting this, bidding has gone over $6k.

Expect rifles that sold for ~$3-4K to run $6-8k right now, if you can actually find one for sale.

Shit my OBR is now worth more than my truck LOL

FN scars are up there too... 6k for a 16s and 7+ for a 17s... price gouging knows no limits!

I have had at least four friends call me and ask if I was going to sell my OBR (referencing the GB madness). I laughed and said, "nope".

There's no way I'm selling my OBR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ivanvakinov</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FN scars are up there too... 6k for a 16s and 7+ for a 17s... price gouging knows no limits! </div></div>

I fail to see how there can be price gouging on an auction? It takes 2 people to bid something up.. if 2 people want the same item that is supply and demand in its purest form lol if people are willing to pay that much that is on them maybe they should have got off the fence about buying a gun till now.. that is there fault they have to pay so much..

Its not price gouging at all.

If idiots bid up a auction, thats on them.

But seriously the prices Larues are going for on AR15 and GB is just fucking stupid. Mark has done a great job on his marketing.

Anybody happen to catch David Letterman where he showed an add for a Larue OBR? Was pretty funny.

There Is a 7.62 model on another forum and he wants only $7000 +

Never underestimate some individuals stupidity or desire to have a certain item!! It is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

There's a Predatar 7.62 for $5,999.99 at a local gun shop here in Wa.

I've been following this stuff for fifty years. I was around for the Bush restrictions on imports and the Clinton "ban". I sold ARs at both times because I thought the market had gotten stupid. Both were worth more than what I got for them before the current run-up. I'm not going to bother this time.

I spent my life in retail. At times the market would dictate that we had to sell inventory for below cost. In 30+ years no customer ever said "that's not enough" and tried to pay more.

Get over it.