• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue PredatAR 308?

TreeClimber300

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
North Carolina
I am interested in buying one of these rifles and was wondering if anyone had one with some info. I have always heard good things about Larue and would like to have one. This one is under 8lbs and thats what I really like about it. Accuracy is my main concern. Any info would be great.

Re: Larue PredatAR 308?

I've got its little brother in 5.56 and I couldn't be happier. I can only imagine the 7.62 would be just as great. Only thing that sucked was the wait. I will add that as far as accuracy goes, it drives nails. If you like to mag dump, expect the groups to open up a little but nothing at all to complain about. I like how the barrel is a tapered lightweight and not just a pencil from end to end.

Yea thats what really got me looking at this gun was the lack of weight. If this gun comes in at 8 lbs and is a tackdriver I will be blown away. Im not one to really dump a magazine. Im more in to reloading and long range shooting. Anyway im glad u are happy with yours and I cant wait to get mine. Thanks.

I really, really wish I could afford a nice PredatAR in .308 for hunting. Seems to be a helluva rifle.

LaRue doesn't ship rifles that don't meet their accuracy standards. Beyond that you are buying a rifle that is precision engineered and customer support that is 2nd to none. You won't regret it
wink.gif

Call LaRue and ask them about the expected accuracy on the rifle you are interested in.