• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue PredatOBR

Re: LaRue PredatOBR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waterborneranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">their stuff seems to be way overpriced, CS seems to be poor and the wiat times for rifles is unnaceptable it seems

i am the owner of a single scope mount from them </div></div>

Their stuff is a great value based on the Stealth and the OBR 762 I have owned. Flat out some of the most accurate rifles I have ever shot. Their QC has been prefect on every piece of gear I have bought from them. From mounts, to complete rifles. I agree on wait times, but I look at it just like something I order from Jered or George. Top notch quality leads to wait times. I hate wait times, and often go another route just because of it. But this is no knock on Mark, Jered or George. It still sucks though.

I dont get into the politics of rifles. I personally like Mark from the limited interactions I have had, but even if I didnt, as long as he took care of me, I woudlnt care. I am not buying his personality, I am buying his products. His warranty is as good as it gets, just like his product.

So, whatever, I guess. To each his own. </div></div>

+1 to everything stated by hydro...

I can think of one other gun maker that has that much baggage but I better not mention him. Last time I got my ass banned.

For what it's worth, I just ordered the 16" PredatOBR in 7.62. I thought their customer service from Sheldon was great and enjoyed the interaction. My reasons for going with the Larue were the product's reputation and the technical aspects of the rifle, not the politics. Also, their MIL/LE discount means a lot. It still hurts my wallet, but it's an advantage that puts their price below any of the other competition and I always appreciate it when any company does that. I almost went with a Noveske, but I have a GAP-10 and I just didn't want to start over with a different platform and different magazines. Yeah, 14 weeks is a long time, but whatever...

14 weeks is better then 7 months.... That's about how long I'll be waiting for my suppressor.

Larue makes a fine product with a solid warranty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captnmo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For what it's worth, I just ordered the 16" PredatOBR in 7.62. I thought their customer service from Sheldon was great and enjoyed the interaction. My reasons for going with the Larue were the product's reputation and the technical aspects of the rifle, not the politics. Also, their MIL/LE discount means a lot. It still hurts my wallet, but it's an advantage that puts their price below any of the other competition and I always appreciate it when any company does that. I almost went with a Noveske, but I have a GAP-10 and I just didn't want to start over with a different platform and different magazines. Yeah, 14 weeks is a long time, but whatever... </div></div>

Im thinking about dropping the coin for the 16 762 PredatOBR as well. What made you chose the 16 and not 14.5? Im going to run mine more as a "battle rifle" out to 600 yards or so. The 14.5 seems like the better choice for me, but I intend to run it with a SF 762k can eventually. Any idea if the 14.5 barrel will make it too loud to run suppressed? Would it still be worth it to run suppressed or should I just go for the 16?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lj_1187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Im thinking about dropping the coin for the 16 762 PredatOBR as well. What made you chose the 16 and not 14.5? Im going to run mine more as a "battle rifle" out to 600 yards or so.</div></div>

Maybe a 16" tickled his fancy?

I'd call up Larue and find out what sort of velocity you can expect with a 14.5 + your chosen loads.

Personally I like to stick w/16" because of SBR laws (don't care for pinned muzzle devices) but to each his own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lj_1187</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captnmo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For what it's worth, I just ordered the 16" PredatOBR in 7.62. I thought their customer service from Sheldon was great and enjoyed the interaction. My reasons for going with the Larue were the product's reputation and the technical aspects of the rifle, not the politics. Also, their MIL/LE discount means a lot. It still hurts my wallet, but it's an advantage that puts their price below any of the other competition and I always appreciate it when any company does that. I almost went with a Noveske, but I have a GAP-10 and I just didn't want to start over with a different platform and different magazines. Yeah, 14 weeks is a long time, but whatever... </div></div>

Im thinking about dropping the coin for the 16 762 PredatOBR as well. What made you chose the 16 and not 14.5? Im going to run mine more as a "battle rifle" out to 600 yards or so. The 14.5 seems like the better choice for me, but I intend to run it with a SF 762k can eventually. Any idea if the 14.5 barrel will make it too loud to run suppressed? Would it still be worth it to run suppressed or should I just go for the 16? </div></div>

WA State won't allow barrels less than 16 inches. I could have had the muzzle device pinned but like the idea of being able to take it off if I want.

10%...covered my state tax and a little more lol. I ordered the 762 14.5 with surefire brake. I was told over the phone that model was shot sub-moa to 800m. I ordered a surefire 762k can as well. Figure I will get them around the same time. Any sooner would be a bonus.

Update to the PredatOBR.

DJ2R0318.jpg

PredatOBRwbg_10.jpg

PredatOBRwbg_8.jpg

That looks like a different upper receiver than the OBR. The forearm on mine is bolted to the upper, not a quick release setup. Very nice.

Fuck that's awesome. I think I'm gonna order one. I don't even need it, but by the time it's built, who knows?

Any idea what wait times are like now?

Considering the guys who "pre ordered" them haven't gotten theirs yet....and its Marks normal communication at this point......12-18 months.

I did love how they changed the initial potential MOA shift on the webite from "0.0 - 1 MOA" to "0.0 - .5 MOA".

Mark really needs to realize not everything needs to be quick change for the love of god.

Yeah the predatobr iMO turned into a shit show. The end product will no doubt be awesome, but its not what people wanted.

Last edited:
I have had two of these things on order since April of 12. At least there are pics now. Hope they aren't photoshopped!

Are those Larue rail panels or KAC? I want to try them on my SPR?

Tapatalk2

i got to play with one and can confirm that it does exist and works as advertised

That's good to hear. I am a patient guy, I have waited longer for custom bolt guns. Hell, I think I have been on hold calling the VA for that long! The replaceable barrel looks awesome. The ability to go from SBR to 18" in .556 within a matter of minutes would be great.

Over the years I've ordered a lot of mounts and stuff from Larue, and their customer service, and shipping times have always been excellent. I finally bought my first rifle from them last year (18" 7.62OBR) and the delivery time was just a few weeks past the quoted 12-16 weeks. Very happy with Larue's stuff

Larue is an outstanding product these guns run and do it great little maintenance user friendly I love mine beat the hell out of it and it keeps running.

I had ordered a PredatOBR right after the intro at shot, but cancelled the order after waiting 11 months. I am sure they're great rifles, but I got tired of waiting and picked up another rifle for duty use that is just as good and did I not have to wait 11 months. From what it seems, I would still be waiting for it well over a year. I could have picked up the Costa Ed., but that was about 1K more for the almost exact same rifle.

Negative Sir and a heads up with pmags in our guns we have had issues so we went back to steel mags larue and KAC work good

We have the troy industries ambi mag release so we have had issues with magazines not seating from what I can see is its that the pmag is not cut through all the way on the mag catch cutout. Im not sure if the factory larue mag release is having this problem. However we are also looking at different ammunition as we also had issues with the OAL of the round causing an issue of fitting into pmags. Ill try to get some pictures up so I can give yall a better idea of what im talking about. Not to good a describing these things in words.

I better not just because we got hammered at work for a guy putting a video of drive training on the web but mine looks similar to the ranger version we just went with some different options and ours are coyote color.