• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue PredatOBR

I called to order one. They said they have no idea when it will be available.
At least a year and you get to be on the list.
I said no thanks. It might be good but not that good to have me wait that long.

They need to put on the website the info on wait time and availability of it..
Got my hopes up for nothing.

I'll never buy larue rifle unless they change this. But then again. I don't have a choice. Lol

I've had a 7.62 18" on order since the beginning of 8/12. I didn't expect to see it for another year with the shipping/communication fiasco with LT over the tOBR's so I picked up an LMT MWS. Now that the tOBR's are finally shipping I can't wait to shoot the two side by side for a head-to-head comparison.

I called to order one. They said they have no idea when it will be available.
At least a year and you get to be on the list.
I said no thanks. It might be good but not that good to have me wait that long.

They need to put on the website the info on wait time and availability of it..
Got my hopes up for nothing.

I'll never buy larue rifle unless they change this. But then again. I don't have a choice. Lol

They don't charge you a penny until it ships. Then when its ready you can back out with no obligation at all. It's pretty painless to be "on the list" except of course for the wait. ;-)

Anyone else think it's kind of strange that only (1) person has received their Predatobr in the last few weeks. I would think that if they were in production, there would at least be a few going out every 1-2 days...

Anyone else think it's kind of strange that only (1) person has received their Predatobr in the last few weeks. I would think that if they were in production, there would at least be a few going out every 1-2 days...

Don't ask questions!!!!!!! Bow before your GOD!

Don't ask questions!!!!!!! Bow before your GOD!

Now that's funny! LOL!

I figured more would be shipping by now. I'm still waiting to see who delivers my semi auto first. Larue or GAP. I did give Larue a 10 month lead :)

Hope the tOBRs shoot well. Any idea on what type of rifling the new barrel has?

Now that's funny! LOL!

I figured more would be shipping by now. I'm still waiting to see who delivers my semi auto first. Larue or GAP. I did give Larue a 10 month lead :)

Hope the tOBRs shoot well. Any idea on what type of rifling the new barrel has?

Rumored to be Button Rifling based on the photo's larue post of all the machinery. Hasn't been confirmed yet.

So far no one can verify whether any past that 1 have been sent out. You'd think at least a 2nd person on barfcum would have at least gotten the nod.

I waited a year on the list and just gave up and purchased a Daniels Defense V-7, which has been a great rifle for duty use. The accuracy of mine with a few minor modifications has been outstanding! Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to have had one, but I needed a replacement rifle and just could not wait any longer.

Last edited:

I don't think their barrels are quite ready yet. The only reason the one rifle shipped out was because ML made a comment on his board that there would be people with rifles (PredatOBR's) in hand by August. As it turned out, they had to overnight the lower from the customer to the shop (they sent lowers out to customers during the AWB scare in January) and then overnight it back to him to get it by the end of August. I think they did that one rifle just to save face. I'm not even sure it has a new Larue barrel.

They have been trying to manufacture their own barrels for some time. While doing this it appears that they all but stopped buying barrels from their old source for whatever reason. Perhaps they thought they would be up and running by now with their own? It is the only thing that appears to be holding them up. They sent out a post about one of their barrels shooting just under moa for the "MOA All Day" arfcom challenge. They ran it twice, shot 10 five-shot groups with 2 different shooters and not a single group was less than 1/2 moa with FGMM ammo. So I think they are still trying to make their barrels work. That's not fact, just my observation.

j

I was really excited when they started shipping. Unfortunately it looks like it was only 2 that shipped (same guy got two of the same). I've been waiting a 18months today for my 5.56 and almost 15 months for my 7.62. I've always been a huge fan of their products and I've spent well over 10k with them... The PredatOBR situation is a disappointing clusterfuck. I'm sure the rifles will be great when they ship, but I was told 12-16weeks when I ordered it. Then the design changed, then the barrels changed, now the trigger changed. I'm sure all the changes will work out and I love the new design, but I would have preferred to have had the guns and been shooting them over a year ago.

I just got done shooting an OBR - turned JP-LRP-07 in .260 (a friend likes the looks of the OBR's over the JP's so he uses the OBR receivers and guts them/re-barrels them with all JP parts).

Holy shit does that thing shoot...absolutely ridiculous compared to a standard AR-10, LR-308. Kind of hard to describe regarding the recoil impulse. It was almost like there was a damn pillow travelling through the buffer tube! Same buddy has multiple OBR's and LRP-07's, but said the JP's will out shoot the OBR's 7 days a week, hence his conversions to JP parts.

I would have cancelled my order but I paid 2/3 of the amount in January and now I am stuck until they decide to finish the rifle.

They will allow you to send your lower back, get a refund, and maintain your place in line. It will have to go to an FFL on the return again since it will probably be another SN.

I just got done shooting an OBR - turned JP-LRP-07 in .260 (a friend likes the looks of the OBR's over the JP's so he uses the OBR receivers and guts them/re-barrels them with all JP parts).

Holy shit does that thing shoot...absolutely ridiculous compared to a standard AR-10, LR-308. Kind of hard to describe regarding the recoil impulse. It was almost like there was a damn pillow travelling through the buffer tube! Same buddy has multiple OBR's and LRP-07's, but said the JP's will out shoot the OBR's 7 days a week, hence his conversions to JP parts.

Fixed stock or rifle stock? Do you know if your friend was using the JP captive spring recoil system? I've ordered one of them to try out. Looks interesting.

The JP Captive Spring is fantastic, I am shooting a .308 and when the action cycles you hardly feel anything. It takes away the recoil from the bolt, feels like you are shooting a bolt gun.

Jevan 126, did you remove your buffer retaining pin? That is my main hesitance to installing one I have here either in my MWS or ECC. Thanks.

I had JP install during build process, I even had them install a scope and zero @ 100 yards for me. I absolutley love this rifle but wish I could shoot at further distances. I live in southeast MI and hard to find shooting ranges over 100 yards unless you belong to a Sportsman Club. I tried to join a few near me but was told that there was a 4-6 year wait at all the clubs.

Fixed stock or rifle stock? Do you know if your friend was using the JP captive spring recoil system? I've ordered one of them to try out. Looks interesting.

Negative on the silent capture spring, this was the LMOS bolt carrier that makes the recoil so soft. The silent capture eliminates that spring tensioning sound from the buffer spring being crunched.

Jevan 126, did you remove your buffer retaining pin? That is my main hesitance to installing one I have here either in my MWS or ECC. Thanks.

No need to remove thd retainer. Jp says to do it to make servicing the spring easier. Honestly if you have a ball point pen handy to push dpwn the retainer, itz just as easy.

I have also had a Larue PredatOBR 556 16" on order since 8/2012. As I said in another post for the first 9 months or so I patiently waited. Then I started calling and emailing. I sent an email in September 2013 and got this in response.

"Bob, We have only just begun to ship the 762 PredatOBR rifles and there has been no word on when the 556 PredatOBR rifles will be ready. At this time we do not know when to expect your rifle to be ready to ship. Every effort will be made to make it as soon as possible, but per Mark Larue, we cannot say that it will be ready by/before any date."

I then had my LGS call and inquire about wait times. I was told the other day by my LGS after they called that Larue told them they have not started production on the 556 PredatOBR's yet. So I canceled my order. looks like ill just have to go with one of my other choices Noveske, or LWRC. I already have a Knights. I'm a little disappointed as I really like Larue products and really wanted to try out one of their rifles.

The Captive spring absorbs the Recoil of the Bolt when it is Cycling, has nothing to do with the Recoil from the muzzle.

LOL so for all new orders Mark is no longer including the lunchbox nor the storage mat for the gun....and they are additional options you can pay for. As they want to ship them complete so people have a frame of reference for the torque.

BAHAHAHAHHA what a fucking tard. Remind me the point of the "suitcase" rifle again if it doesn't even come with the suitcase standard?

Cant help but wonder if they are afraid of someone hurting themselves not following tbe directions. Bad move on the cordura bag, that is a nice feature if you ever have to use it. The tol box wont be missed, but a bad move overall, taking stuff away and leaving the price the same.

LOL so for all new orders Mark is no longer including the

lunchbox nor the storage mat for the gun....and they are additional options you can pay for. As they want to ship them complete so people have a frame of reference for the torque.

BAHAHAHAHHA what a fucking tard. Remind me the point of the "suitcase" rifle again if it doesn't even come with the suitcase standard?