• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Larue qd mounts any good?

Hatter

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2011
Wi
I've never seen one in person and am looking for opinions on them.

My new ar15 needs a mount for my 2-7.

Larue mounts are good. I have also had good luck with American Defense.

For quality QD, guys usually stick with Larue, American Defense, or Bobro. I find the ADM mounts usually are for sale more often online, and that's what I run. They can be found in 1" and also in 20 moa cant too, if your 2-7x is 1" and/or lacking in adjustment. All 3 are good to go.

I've had both Larue and AD. Now, outside of my Rem700 with Seekins parts, all other rifles use Larue. Love everything about them and their CS is great and great quality!

If you go w/ LaRue you get free Armadillo seasoning. If you do a search here you'll find that some people on this forum don't care for LaRue's QD mounts. Spuhr, GDI and Aadamount make good one piece sets too.

I always buy Bobro over Larue... that is when it's available. GDI makes the best mounts in my opinion, but the cost is too prohibitive.

The Larues are great but so are the AD's and they are cheaper. Bobro looks good but haven't tried one. I also got an armadillo bottle opener with my mount and my seasoning :)

I have not tried any other brand of mounts but I have 4 larue QD mounts for my scopes and LOVE them. I swap the scopes between my rifles all the time and I just dial the scopes back to where they were zeroed before for that rifle and its spot on every time. If its not broke don't fix it.

Another contributing factor form me when it came to these mounts was the customer service. I had a mount apart and was putting an a new scope on and I think that my son or the dog decided to hide all the screws and the top pieces to the mount, called Larue and they shipped me new pieces at no cost to me. Also there is no need to lap these rings, they have 95 to 100% contact out of the box no matter if you swap or flip the top pieces around from how they were sent to you.

Hope this helps

No problems with Larue QD mounts at all. Just as Hooked7239 said I swap out scopes between rifles and just dial back the original zero and it is right on. Outstanding Customer Service as well.

Larue QD mounts are GTG. I have a few and they have been used hard with no problems.

I use LaRue mounts on all my optics. I have taken the optics of numerous times to clean rifles and so on and it always returned to zero.

+1 on Larue. You've gotten a good deal of positive feedback but don't be surprised if you also get negative feedback on them. This is one of those topics that always seems to draw a lot of strong opinions out of people why one brand is better than another, etc.

I won't argue against Larue making quality products, but you do pay a bit of a premium, and their QD mounts aren't very Q. In their favor, the 34mm mount I had worked great with inserts so I could run my 30mm scope in it. However, when switching it from bolt action top rail to AR top rail, it was a royal pain in the ass to adjust, so I got rid of it in favor of an ADM mount.

The Larue requires that you have that damn little wrench to adjust the doojigger when you put it on a different platform. The ADM lets you turn the adjusting screw with a fingernail.

For me, the ADM mount configuration is a much better option if you're actually going to be swapping your mount back and forth.

I generally swap them on the same weapon. I like the Larue mounts, I have several of them. They also would do some custom work before last winter. Great customer service.

Shot today with my new larue mount.

I sighted in and then took the scope off and back on a bunch of times. Shot irons, scope, irons ect.......

At 100 yards the point of impact never changed when rescoping. I did this about 6 times.

Happy with my purchase and I'm no way affiliated with larue fwiw.

LaRue who?

I'm glad you posted in this thread because I forgot all about your company, been a while since I've been on this site. I'm in the market for a spotting scope. Will call you tomorrow afternoon to discuss options

I'm really getting sick of walking downrange to check my groups.