• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue status change

gladiator8us

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2011
Georgia, USA
Have had an 18" 7.62 OBR on order for just at 16 weeks. Checked the status of my account, as I have been several times weekly since ordering, and noticed that status has changed from in queue to front office! Made my blood rush. Been looking forward to receiving this for months now. Can hardly wait to start tracking shipping to my FFL. Just wanted to share my joy with the hide.

Re: LaRue status change

The wait is almost over! You won't be able to stop checking that status now. (Not that you couldn't before)

I love my 18" the 7.62 & the 5.56
smile.gif

You are gonna love this rifle. Mine has held just barely over 0.5MOA out to 805 yds.

You are lucky, I hit the 16 week mark 3 days ago and am still "In Queue." Enjoy it!

what if the status says "in the kitchen", does that mean it's in for final inspection and dillo dust mixing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what if the status says "in the kitchen", does that mean it's in for final inspection and dillo dust mixing? </div></div>

Or "In ML's Office", does that mean he's jerking off on to it to give it that special "touch"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what if the status says "in the kitchen", does that mean it's in for final inspection and dillo dust mixing? </div></div>

Or "In ML's Office", does that mean he's jerking off on to it to give it that special "sauce"? </div></div>

Fixed it for ya...

You're going to love it! I regularly print sub 1/2 moa groups with mine using 168 sierra matchkings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what if the status says "in the kitchen", does that mean it's in for final inspection and dillo dust mixing? </div></div>

Or "In ML's Office", does that mean he's jerking off on to it to give it that special "sauce"? </div></div>

Fixed it for ya...</div></div>

Haters.... Enjoy your OBR.. I'm sure it's a great rifle...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what if the status says "in the kitchen", does that mean it's in for final inspection and dillo dust mixing? </div></div>

Fixed it for ya... </div></div>

That's why the prices went up, he's not producing as much "sauce" these days...

Congrats, I love mine too. My best groups are in the .30's. I have repeated, reliable dope on it to 1580, and took second place at a local match a couple weeks back with it. Fantastic firearm...I didn't want it to be, really I wanted it to suck because there is so much LaRue KoolAid out there right now - but it pretty much is awesome.

If you don't have one on order now, probably not for a long time. I have had the 5.56 version on order since March.

Speak of the devil, I just got the call today, 2 days later! Someone wasn't ready to pay for theirs so I got bumped up instead! It'll be here in 4 days, can't wait!

What do you think he puts in the Dillo Dust? Its his big secret.

Pickup on Monday, been long but well deserved wait. Dillo dust has special sauce, just like the "Big Mac". Not sure why folks don't appreciate the OBR, regardless of ones opinion of owners.

There's no denying that it's a capable and extremely well made product.

I love mine... another 2 months and I should have a TBAC 30 BA attached up front.
zoj0g.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gladiator8us</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pickup on Monday, been long but well deserved wait. Dillo dust has special sauce, just like the "Big Mac". Not sure why folks don't appreciate the OBR, regardless of ones opinion of owners. </div></div>

Because Mark Larue is a grade A cock sucker. And there are better rifles that are either cheaper or the same price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gladiator8us</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pickup on Monday, been long but well deserved wait. Dillo dust has special sauce, just like the "Big Mac". Not sure why folks don't appreciate the OBR, regardless of ones opinion of owners. </div></div>

Because Mark Larue is a grade A cock sucker. And there are better rifles that are either cheaper or the same price. </div></div>

What other semi?

Gap might have my business if they built there own upper/lowers rather then reworking an already used design. ML must of really tore your ass up to be so butt hurt....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gladiator8us</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pickup on Monday, been long but well deserved wait. Dillo dust has special sauce, just like the "Big Mac". Not sure why folks don't appreciate the OBR, regardless of ones opinion of owners. </div></div>

Because Mark Larue is a grade A cock sucker. And there are better rifles that are either cheaper or the same price. </div></div>

What other semi?

Gap might have my business if they built there own upper/lowers rather then reworking an already used design. ML must of really tore your ass up to be so butt hurt.... </div></div>

Lets see you've got LMT, JP, REPR, etc. And why does it matter so much that GAP doesn't have their own upper/lower, its the gunsmith who puts it together that matters. I can guarantee you that more care is spent putting together a GAP10 than a OBR.

The OBR that I had came with a 1.014 Test Target....do you think for even a second that George would have let something like that out of his shop regardless if it was capable of shooting better?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gladiator8us</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pickup on Monday, been long but well deserved wait. Dillo dust has special sauce, just like the "Big Mac". Not sure why folks don't appreciate the OBR, regardless of ones opinion of owners. </div></div>

What other semi?

Gap might have my business if they built there own upper/lowers rather then reworking an already used design. ML must of really tore your ass up to be so butt hurt.... </div></div>

Lets see you've got LMT, JP, REPR, etc. And why does it matter so much that GAP doesn't have their own upper/lower, its the gunsmith who puts it together that matters. I can guarantee you that more care is spent putting together a GAP10 than a OBR.

The OBR that I had came with a 1.014 Test Target....do you think for even a second that George would have let something like that out of his shop regardless if it was capable of shooting better? </div></div>

I've owned the LMT and REPR... not quite on par with the OBR (in my case). As for the upper and lower components... If I'm going to pay X amount of dollars I want something that defines that companies build (in the AR-10 world that is) and has its own unique features.

As for your OBR and it's sub par test target.... mine came with .857" (not that means anything to me) because I can constantly keep 1/2 to 3/4 moa and have my own targets of .3"sand .4"s. (hand loads). Accurate, reliable and has made quite the name for itself in the AR-10 market.

p.s I'm not a Larue fan boy but I certainly give credit where credits due. And the majority of OBR's out there are hammers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If it is a convenient solution, I see no point in not taking it. If a third party upper and lower are high quality, what more could a shop like GA Precision ask for?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What other semi?

The OBR that I had came with a 1.014 Test Target....do you think for even a second that George would have let something like that out of his shop regardless if it was capable of shooting better? </div></div>

The test target you received was still under 1 MOA which I believe satisfies the LT accuracy guarantee. What kind of problems did you have with the rifle besides the test target? I'm not trying to exacerbate the argument, but I would like to know your criticisms of the platform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If it is a convenient solution, I see no point in not taking it. If a third party upper and lower are high quality, what more could a shop like GA Precision ask for?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What other semi?

The test target you received was still under 1 MOA which I believe satisfies the LT accuracy guarantee. What kind of problems did you have with the rifle besides the test target? I'm not trying to exacerbate the argument, but I would like to know your criticisms of the platform.

</div></div>

The Hogan/POF upper/lower set is a nice upgrade from the DPMS platform they use to utilize . Yes this is a cost effective method. No doubt GAP builds a quality rifle.... but I want something unique in respect to their build. I'd love to see seekins offer a AR-10 kit... I'd certainly support that build (love their AR-15 products).

To each his own....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What other semi?

</div></div>

I ditched everything LT when he started attacking someone on here. I recommend not pressing it past that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what if the status says "in the kitchen", does that mean it's in for final inspection and dillo dust mixing? </div></div>

What do you think he puts in the Dillo Dust? Its his big secret. </div></div>

I dont know but 3/4 Southern flavor (cajun) and 1/4 brown sugar tastes just like it. Picked some up from Walmart and tested it out next to dillo.

I was supposed to receive my 20 inch OBR in April. I am almost to the point of not giving a damn how good it is supposed to be, I am getting frustrated with this company.

I found a 16" on a dealer shelf that I want really bad. I love the LMT 308, but I'm curious about the OBR too.

I have a 20 inch OBR take a deep breath and wait you will be glad you did!!!

Im just saying LOL

Mine is a Hammer I dont care who made it.

It will never be for sale and I would not trade it for anything else out there.JMHO

Finally...the long wait is over! I can say it's mine now. Picked up my 18" OBR today. Test target is .978. Now the long wait till the weekend before I can "test drive". Yeehaw!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gladiator8us</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finally...the long wait is over! I can say it's mine now. Picked up my 18" OBR today. Test target is .978. Now the long wait till the weekend before I can "test drive". Yeehaw!!

</div></div>
Do you remember what your order number was. Im curious cause mine should be coming up any day now.

The 21 week wait for my 18" OBR ends tommorrow
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found a 16" on a dealer shelf that I want really bad. I love the LMT 308, but I'm curious about the OBR too. </div></div>

If you are not picking this up from the dealer, I AM !! Who is the dealer???

Sweet rifle!!!(18" CTR w/RISR) ...it's lighter than I expected, test target is .703

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1kOrBust</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found a 16" on a dealer shelf that I want really bad. I love the LMT 308, but I'm curious about the OBR too. </div></div>

If you are not picking this up from the dealer, I AM !! Who is the dealer??? </div></div>

Sorry, but I'm definitely getting it.

Picked mine up yesterday. Hoping it shoots better than the test target. Only 0.996 group. Won't be able to try it out myself until Sunday as I am waiting on proper rings. Looks great though.

I traded my HK-91 with accessories that's been in my safe as a collector's item for three decades for a 7.62 OBR that I could shoot, and after sighting in the scope I shot consistent sub-moa groups averaging 0.61 or less for the rest of the day.

I'm completely happy with it. I need a better scope though. I'm saving up for a US Optics SN-3.

Mind me asking what your test target came with? I will be sincerely pissed if I dropped this much coin on a rifle and have 0.996 as the best it is capable of.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeSnifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mind me asking what your test target came with? I will be sincerely pissed if I dropped this much coin on a rifle and have 0.996 as the best it is capable of. </div></div>

you really think they spend that much time testing them for groups? C'mon man.... Mine came with .857" and I have shot .3's" and.4's" when I do my part.

My Predatar 16" 5.56 came in at .60 MOA with 69 gr SMK's shooting at 100 at 4 power with 5 shots. I was impressed to say the least...Even though it is a run and gun weapon, wanted to try some groups. Took a few loads to get it tuned in but that seem's to be the case with all my new guns. My test target was .78 MOA using a NF 5-22

I have been waiting 17 weeks for mine. I know the test target means nothing and with good hand loads the rifle should shoot lights out.

Just wanted to put in a good word for Mark at Precision Firearms..I have had 2 6.5 Grendels from him, and both of them have shot 5 shot groups you could cover with a dime. 123 gr scenars, Lapua Brass, 2.26 Oal, CCI 450 primers with 27 grains os H4895. Talk about a fun gun to shoot..Can be bought for a little over 2K....24"Lilja barrel...Not sure of his build time right now, but both mine were 8-9 weeks..

I got my 16" OBR. It came with a .928 target, but I believe that it will do much better when I get my scope.