• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue Stealth Barrel Gas Port Size

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
Minuteman
  • May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    Anyone know what the gas port size is on a 16" Larue Stealth 556 barrel? I don't have the pins to measure the size and I'm hoping to chop this one down to 13.9" and pin a Dead Air flash hider. Thanks in advance

Right on, thanks. Sounds a little large even for a 13.9". Mine is probably 3 years old, is there any other way to measure these ports accurately?

Right on, thanks. Sounds a little large even for a 13.9". Mine is probably 3 years old, is there any other way to measure these ports accurately?
    Ya, it always seem a little over gassed. But it shot great right up until it didn't anymore and was worn out. You can use a drill index in place of gauge pins to get a close measurement too.

Reactions: rlsmith1

Pin gauges are the only correct way for something of this size. Preferably Z or X, but ZZ will do. Grab a set, 0.061"-0.250" is pretty common (minus is more fitting for this application) and a holder (go/nogo are useful for other things in the future). Find which will fit without pressure, and which will not, then you know the size is somewhere above the one that fits and below the one that does not. For a set like the above, within a thousandth, which is plenty of precision for something like this. A cheap set on Amazon of minus ZZ grade will run you ~$70-$80.

Stealth barrels have always been over gassed.

16" Predatar barrels as well. The pic below is from one such barrel . . .

pin_gauge_in_barrel_001-1702554.jpg

Thanks guys! I'll be sending it off to get chopped to 13.9" this week. May still run an AGB and/or run a heavy buffer

Right on, I measured with a caliper (not super precise I know) and got .083 to .085 so I'd say that's a ballpark number. Regardless, I'm sending it to be chopped to 13.9" and it will have a seekins adjustable gas block on it for the rest of its life