• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

larue stealth upper???

M.D.K.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
Pinedale WY
anyone have any first hand experiance with the larue stealth uppers? ive been talking with them and im looking at ordering a 16in with a 7" hand gaurd and wanted some feedback.

Re: larue stealth upper???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mk443</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have any first hand experiance with the larue stealth uppers? ive been talking with them and im looking at ordering a 16in with a 7" hand gaurd and wanted some feedback. </div></div>

They shoot 1moa or better with crap wolf ammo and never jam /thread.

I have the 18" with the 13.2" handguards, it's amazingly accurate and extremely well built.

I bought mine off of someone out here and it was well worth the money spent!

I have one of the Stealth DMR uppers (16" with an A1 front sight). Wonderful. I dropped it on my issued M16, it ran like a champ. I have it on my LaRue lower now, and it's really freaking accurate. The Noveske's not a bad suggestion-they make wonderful stuff as well. LaRue stuff is a little spendy, but everything I have of theirs has been first rate without a problem.

Got the 18" and was so impressed got a shorty.
Massive accuracy, even with green tip. Even better with more accurate ammo.
No issues. Great quality. Great service.

I recommend a 13.2 HG on the 16", gives you more real estate over the barrel and allows you to shoot as much rifle as possible.

I sent the DMR for testing to the AMU and it met the standard for this type of Upper. It shot M855 more accurately that 262.

I have several 1-hole groups with my uppers.

I have a Stealth with a 16" barrel with 13.2" handguards on a YHM lower and its a joy to shoot. I would try to avoid the 7" handguard on a 16" barrel...

The 16" Stealths use a mid-length gas system so you would have to get at least a 9" handguard to cover up the gas tube. Go for at least 11" to cover up the low-pro gas block on the non-DMR variant. I've only shot one once and have never heard any complaints from the owner. If anything were wrong with it, LaRue has excellent customer service, that I can speak for personally, and would take care of it.

I would also suggest the 13.2 hand guard. Like others have mentioned it opens up more options, shooting style and accessories. Out of curiosity what are you building the rifle for CQB, punch paper? How far out are you planning on taking it? I think you would be happy with it (I have shot a few no issues). My CQB stuff is Bravo Company they are another one worth checking out.IMHO

I have the 18" w/ the 13.2 rail on my SPR. Absolute laser. You might find equal, you won't find better.

LTSPR017.jpg

I have a 16" and 18" Stealth uppers. I have not had a chance to shoot the 18" yet but the 16" is extremely accurate and reliable.

I had an 18" Stealth w/13.2" rail, wonderfully made, and accurate with everything put thru it. Someone had to have it and gave me more than I paid.

Just got a DMR-16 that I haven't taken out yet. Based on reports I expect nearly the same accuracy from it.

Finally, I just started building a new 3-gun upper around a LaRue 18" barrel, Vltor MUR-1 receiver, and a PRI 14" round carbon handguard. Can't wait.

Everything they make is first rate and their customer service is fantastic.

I feel the same way about Noveske. Great stuff.

Build your own upper.Some companies do things better than others,by doing it yourself,you can pick and choose from barrels,upper receiver,BCG,handguards,muzzle attachments,BUIS,etc.

My upper I just started is a Vltor VIS rifle length,Centurion Arms 18" MK12 barrel,LMT enhanced bolt(have not picked a carrier yet),may go with a PRI gas buster charging handle(need to do more reasearch)as it will be used with a suppressor 50% of the time,Smith Vortex flash hider.Noveske switch block.

Shop around and do your research,it is a lot of fun to do it yourself and you are not stuck with what a company sells in a package deal.JMHO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mk443</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have any first hand experiance with the larue stealth uppers? ive been talking with them and im looking at ordering a 16in with a 7" hand gaurd and wanted some feedback. </div></div>

They shoot 1moa or better with crap wolf ammo and never jam /thread. </div></div>

Well mine shot >1.5moa with great ammo and the F/A broke and jammed the gun up completely. They are giving me a full refund as soon as I sned the upper back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mk443</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have any first hand experiance with the larue stealth uppers? ive been talking with them and im looking at ordering a 16in with a 7" hand gaurd and wanted some feedback. </div></div>

They shoot 1moa or better with crap wolf ammo and never jam /thread. </div></div>

Well mine shot >1.5moa with great ammo and the F/A broke and jammed the gun up completely. They are giving me a full refund as soon as I sned the upper back. </div></div>

Every vendor puts out a dud occasionally. And this is coming from someone who has no love what so ever for Mark Larue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mk443</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have any first hand experiance with the larue stealth uppers? ive been talking with them and im looking at ordering a 16in with a 7" hand gaurd and wanted some feedback. </div></div>

Well mine shot >1.5moa with great ammo and the F/A broke and jammed the gun up completely. They are giving me a full refund as soon as I sned the upper back. </div></div>

how did that happen? dont they do a 10 shoot group for accuracy for shipping it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ryu_sekai</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mk443</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have any first hand experiance with the larue stealth uppers? ive been talking with them and im looking at ordering a 16in with a 7" hand gaurd and wanted some feedback. </div></div>

how did that happen? dont they do a 10 shoot group for accuracy for shipping it? </div></div>

I think they do with the new .30 OBR.

Not sure if they do/did with the Stealth uppers from a few years ago.

Just shot a 4.1" 5 shot group at 550 yards with my 20" POF308 and 4 of them were within 2.6". That was out the window of my truck.

-dan