• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue Tactical Stealth Sniper System LT011

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
Looking at these..I've always heard good things about Larue and would like a top shelf AR for once. I'm thinking of getting one of these to replace my Bushmaster M4. I want a high quality AR Only question is the barrel life with the stainless barrel they use compared to a hammer forged chrome lined standard AR. Is there a noticable difference in barrel life between the two? I'm sure the Larue is more accurate.

Just looking for reviews for anyone that has one of these. I would be getting the 16" bbl with 10" rail, Aimpoint or Eotech with flip up front and rear backup irons.

This Larue stainless bbl should be good for 8-10k rounds considering I don't do frequent mag dumps?

Larue

I'm not concerned with a little more weight. Is this overkill for an Ar15 setup?
smile.gif
I just like to know I have the most accuracy possible in my rifles.

Thanks,

Alan

Re: LaRue Tactical DMR-16 Upper

Just generally speaking, a surface treatment such as Melonite QPQ, when applied to either CMV or SS, will increase surface hardness, without creating the potentially accuracy-reducing surface build-up of a chrome lining. A chrome-lined barrel, everything else being equal/equivalent, will last longer - but as I understand it (from what I've read, as my direct experience is close to nil), they would both last such a long time, that in my opinion, it's almost not worth worrying about (that is - when using .223/5.56).

I just got my LaRue Stealth 20 inch upper and Lmt Lower. I am very happy with it, not too worried about barrel life. I think my next AR will be a specialized dynamics.

I have a 18" Stealth upper on a Colt lower. Very accurate with 69gr. and 77gr. Sierra Match King bullets.