• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue Tactical Stealth Upper Wait Times

Deep$outh

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2014
I recently ordered my first product from LaRue Tactical- a DMR 16" upper receiver. I have not had any dealings with this company before and I've heard some horror stories about wait times for their products. Has anyone bought Stealth uppers from them recently who can give me an estimate on the wait time? I only ask because I had to set aside a good chunk of change for the product and now it's tied up waiting for the order to go through. I put it in 6 weeks ago order no. 2034##. Any insight would be much appreciated!

I say cancel the order and look at the Bravo Company 16" midlength uppers. BCM is equal or better quality, they have all kinds of configurations in stock, and for probably less money than LaRue. Everytime I've ordered In Stock items from them they've arrived at the house in about 4-5 days.

I say cancel the order and look at the Bravo Company 16" midlength uppers. BCM is equal or better quality, they have all kinds of configurations in stock, and for probably less money than LaRue. Everytime I've ordered In Stock items from them they've arrived at the house in about 4-5 days.

This.

I had ordered a stealth upper back in 2011, they quoted me six weeks and it was at my door in two. I'm not sure that this is in any way the norm for LaRue, as I've also heard many folks deal with extended wait times with some of their products. I would give them a call and see what they say. If it's a long wait, you can always cancel the order and look elsewhere.

navigate over to ar15.com and find the industry tab. Then make your way down to the LaRue Tactical section. If it's not immediately on the first page I would be surprised but there is a post with a great number of entries titled something along the lines of LaRue wait times. If you go to this post there is a spreadsheet that has been generated for people to post when they made the order, any order updates they have receive, and when they receive their final order. It includes all sorts of items including uppers, complete rifles, and parts kits and run of the mill Laure stuff. you can use this to find average wait times on said items.

There is to many other companies building accurate rifles more quickly, and with more transparency regarding wait times for me to recommend them. But I'm sure you did you research and have your reasons. Get comfortable.

What he said^^

Sweet baby Jesus! They haven't delivered a rifle in 1.5 years according to that chart. Thanks for putting me on to that I may have to look more seriously at some other options now. I like the style of the LT upper but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to build my own that is identical...

Email that went out from them today:

Thank you for your loyalty and patience.

Given the speed of daily rifle production, we are on target to be caught-up with our current rifle/upper backorder list by around Christmas of this year. Many of you are aware that over the last two years we have fully established our in-house injection-molding operation as well as a precision barrel-making operation. Both are up and running extremely well and it’s starting to show (Click Here).

So, when should you expect “the call”? Our barrel-making is currently done in batches/lots. This drives who we are emailing and calling in pursuit to update critical information (FFL certificate, address to ship the extras, credit card info, etc). The point is, we will not be calling/emailing in the exact chronological sequence orders were placed, but we will get to you as quickly as possible.

Additionally, any new orders placed should not be placed with the expectation of that ”it’s going to be a couple of years so I’ll just save-up along the way”.
It’s best to have the funds set aside before you place the order. Those with backorders that haven’t set their funds aside yet, you need to be scrambling as we might be calling next week.

Through this very trying time of nationwide black-rifle (AR) frenzy, we appreciate your understanding for our deliberately getting the job done and done right. We believe you will enjoy our obsessive attention to detail and accuracy.

What he said^^

What they said ^^^

LT is not the company they used to be. They have lost a ton or credibility and luster in my eyes. They are not better than Spikes Tactical as far as I am concerned. If they have something I need then so be it. There are 50 other manufactures out there that are just as good if not better. This whole wait 3 years on an order and then a switch on the customer really pissed me off. I say get a JP or order a GAP at least there is not a massive wait on things. They will be just as or more accurate than an LT. I think in the time I have had an LT on order I have received two GAPS, 1 JP and a custom rifle from a local builder.

I recently ordered my first product from LaRue Tactical- a DMR 16" upper receiver. I have not had any dealings with this company before and I've heard some horror stories about wait times for their products. Has anyone bought Stealth uppers from them recently who can give me an estimate on the wait time? I only ask because I had to set aside a good chunk of change for the product and now it's tied up waiting for the order to go through. I put it in 6 weeks ago order no. 2034##. Any insight would be much appreciated!

There's one for sale in accessories section for 200.00

For me, my LT has really been worth the wait. I have been able to consistently group right at and under 1/2moa with it using match ammo. BCM makes a great carbine as well but from what I've seen, not nearly as accurate as the Stealth when it relates to distances from 300m or further. YMMV

Good luck

Okay thanks! I'm starting ranger school next week and will likely get out sometime in December (if I get through at all) so I think I'll just leave me order and see if it shows up when I get back. No sense in canceling it cuz I wouldn't be able to start a build until end of the year anyways.

Okay thanks! I'm starting ranger school next week and will likely get out sometime in December (if I get through at all) so I think I'll just leave me order and see if it shows up when I get back. No sense in canceling it cuz I wouldn't be able to start a build until end of the year anyways.

You will probably see SPC Hedlund once you get down here to Florida for that phase of training. He's a medic with the 6th Ranger BN. I'm at the dive school here in Panama City, FL

LaRue hit a brick wall almost 2 years ago when they started trying to transition over to building their own barrels in house. FWIW their new match barrels seem to be pretty nice and it seems like they've got their manufacturing all worked out. I've got a 7.62 PredatOBR on order and several of my friends have recently received PredatAR 5.56's. For the most part the nut hugging over on AR15.com makes me sick but I will say that from what I've seen they do have very nicely machined rifles.

My buddy has a 16" 7.62 PredatOBR with a HDMR on it and I can shoot 1/2 to 5/8 MOA groups with it at 100y with 175 FGMM. Everything on it is exceptionally well machined.

I'd say it's a worthwhile purchase since they have been shipping out the stealth uppers and are supposed to be getting caught up on backorders by the end of the year. I have never owned or shot any Bravo Co. stuff but it's got such a good reputation I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Good luck to you, it's a valuable experience.

LaRue hit a brick wall almost 2 years ago when they started trying to transition over to building their own barrels in house. FWIW their new match barrels seem to be pretty nice and it seems like they've got their manufacturing all worked out. I've got a 7.62 PredatOBR on order and several of my friends have recently received PredatAR 5.56's. For the most part the nut hugging over on AR15.com makes me sick but I will say that from what I've seen they do have very nicely machined rifles.

My buddy has a 16" 7.62 PredatOBR with a HDMR on it and I can shoot 1/2 to 5/8 MOA groups with it at 100y with 175 FGMM. Everything on it is exceptionally well machined.

I'd say it's a worthwhile purchase since they have been shipping out the stealth uppers and are supposed to be getting caught up on backorders by the end of the year. I have never owned or shot any Bravo Co. stuff but it's got such a good reputation I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Yes, their lack of communication on what was going on was difficult and downright frustrating at times. That being said, I am very happy the more patient side of me won out in the end as I have received an exceptional product.

I find it strange to see all the hate for LT around here. I agree the long wait times suck, without question but are people getting quotes on normal wait times with long delivery times? From my experience LT has never failed to deliver a great product that just plain works and really stand behind their products. They have always been a premier AR manufacture producing very high quality rifles that are extremely reliable and accurate has that changed as of late?

I ordered my OBR 7.62 when I was in Afghanistan and paid in full the day I ordered it (Oct 25th of 2012) and could not wait for a Texan boy to put his hands on a Texas built AR. This was before the Sandy Hook shit and was told by LaRue it was be 14-16 weeks, and I shit you not I received it 14 1/2 months later. Also, after the way they treated me and my FFL (who is my childhood best friend), getting pissy for asking questions about all the options (Lower Opt, Barrel Opt, ect), options that were offered to me by LaRue, just to turn around and threaten to give me the money back. I knew that when I looked at that firearm I would be pissed at whole experience. Plus if anything went wrong, I feared how the warranty was going to be handled.

As for the fan boy thing. I was no one's fan boy. This was my first purchase of any high end weapon system, but would not be the last. It was Dustin at GA Precision that I spoke to, told him my LaRue story, and, was thinking about switching to a GAP-10. He told me up front it would be 10-12 months before I could get one from them. He then linked me to SnipeHide's forum because someone was selling a GAP-10 on here, near me. Basically this guy (Dustin) went out of his way to help me find a product they produce. A product they had already been paid for and wouldn't make more money if it sold again. He just wanted me to be happy by owning their GAP-10, regardless of who sold it. Ken Lin and George have be awesome about returning my calls.

The first time I had an issue with my GAP-10 I was called back the next day. I sent the photos of it showing the part. Three days later I had a new part sent to my house free of charge! Even though I didn't buy my GAP from them, but because their name was on it. IMO as a fellow Texan, the Texas competitors should take note.

Cant argue with that... Sucks to hear about your experience with Larue. I have and everyone I know have been very pleased with them. Good to hear GAP treated you well, they also have always been a top tier company for me. Thanks for the input.

I am going on 18 months wait for a 5.56 OBR, and I still do not think I will see it from Santa. I am not a fan boy but I do agree they build a great product. My brother in law purchased a 7.62 OBR, possibly a Predator version, two months after the SH event and paid $4500 for it. I told him not to, but he has the means to make this type of purchase.

It was my first time to handle a LT rifle, and I do have to say it it a piece of work. The fit and finish was outstanding and there is no doubt it is a solid rifle. On a scale of 1 to 10. My LMT MWS is a 7.5, the LT is a 10. I did not shoot it, my score is based on handling, balance, fit and finish