• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LARUE Tactical

Re: LARUE Tactical

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, these guys sent me a fully loaded Dillon 1050! Now I can be as cool as the rest of the folks here on the hide. </div></div>

You might get asked to join the varsity team.... Outrageous!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, these guys sent me a fully loaded Dillon 1050! Now I can be as cool as the rest of the folks here on the hide. </div></div>

You might get asked to join the varsity team.... Outrageous! </div></div>

Mascott?

Mascot you ask? I'm fairly sure the position of walking talking ASS has already been filled by many right here on the hide. I may qualify for the job, but I just don't have the seniority.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have just got to post a big BRAVO-ZULU to these guys. I just placed my first order with them I think this last Sunday. Not only did the 1 item that I purchased for a whopping $29 show up but so did a billet bottle opener, some of their rub, a pair of bumper stickers, but the best part is a pocket <span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">U.S. Constitut</span>ion</span>. To be perfectly honest I am VERY IMPRESSED. I can promise you all I will be promoting LARUE and using them for a long time to come. </div></div>

That's called good marketing. Not generosity or anything of that sort.

Mark, the biggest hypocrite douche in the biz. If its not stamped Larue, than its crap as far as he's concerned. The dust tastes like shit, and his mounts leave a nice deep gouge on every rail they touch. My bad experiences with them far outweigh the good. LT does have some great employees. It's just too bad mark's shitty attitude/ethics makes all of LT look bad.

From his non stop rick perry jabber to his endless excuses why the obr wasnt entered or wasn't top fiddle in the 2010/11 USASOC SC. It's all gotten really old
sleep.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mascot you ask? I'm fairly sure the position of walking talking ASS has already been filled by many right here on the hide. I may qualify for the job, but I just don't have the seniority. </div></div>

Speaking of:

You are making yourself look like the "walking ass" by getting emotionally involved on a post, that's on the internet. Chill out man, if you can't take some criticism and hazing then your going to have a short career here.

Don't you guys think this ever gets old? To one group LT can do no wrong, to the other group LT can do no right- we all get it, now move along please.

It's drama, and Mark knows it... and enjoys it.

Sure he has created as much personal drama for me as possible, but at the same time smiled and shakes my hand at SHOT when I approached him. In his words, "it's all good fun" , which only solidifies the fact he knows how to promote "Mark Larue" as a brand.

It's football science, Die Hard Raiders Fans vs long time Bronco fans, or simply insert any rivalry you want. The one he personally and artificially created between SH and LT is exactly the same. He keys on small elements like this, knowing full well it's the internet and people will take up for their team, and he cultivates it. In my opinion it's very smart, the same with his giveaways.

Consider every time he does this, he gains a few more die hard fans and in all honesty it is no more for him than you dropping a few pennies by a cash register at your local store. Nobody credits you for doing it, but he gains legions of new fans with each pocket constitution or bottle of dillo dust ? In if Bravo Company gives you a hat, a mousepad, or something else, it still doesn't appear to have the same impact. Mark has created a personalized method of buying customer loyalty for pennies on the $100, simply genius.

Even with all the back room politicking he has done against me personally I have no issue with him. He took offense when I told him he couldn't' advertise for free on here, which has been rule for a long time, he felt it was personally directed towards him. The GDI Drama which started the fuss was manufactured, but there is no changing the current state of affairs between LT and SH, so I have taken to moving on. I own his products, have used with limited success, and if he has something I need which I cannot get some where else will buy from LT again. At the end of the day I respect the business he built and while the way he personally choses to promote it may conflict with me at times, It doesn't take away the fact it works for him. Can't argue with success.

By dragging it on, those who dislike Mark are doing him favor every time you hit submit. He knows that and sharpens his claws at every negative post he reads. You'd be surprised how many people on the street bring up the drama between he and I, I am, which I give credit to him for that. 99% of the time he never hits my radar, I just don't move in that space enough, but where ever I go someone brings it up.

There a LaRue fanboys so in love with him, they would pay for his air fare and a hotel room just to try to have his baby.

It's all good. More women for the rest of us.

One of my guys called to get a Department price on an OBR for comparison purposes. Dunno is he talked to Mark or someone else, but was told that guys shooting OBR's had taken all the top spots at 'the last competition'. When pressed for detailed, none were forthcoming, just 'the last one'.

Thats all well and good, but Ive been around the block a bit and I dont think Ive SEEN an OBR at a comp, let alone seem one WIN a comp.

If you believe in your rifle, great, but dont flat out LIE to me.

Oh ya, and 'the bolt gun is dead'.

I believe a team with a pair of OBR's won one of the Int. Sniper Competitions in one of the last few years. That is probably what they were referring to.

Competition Info

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeSnifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe a team with a pair of OBR's won one of the Int. Sniper Competitions in one of the last few years. That is probably what they were referring to.

Competition Info </div></div>

Ahh good info. I'd hate to think I was flat lied to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Posted by Kevin Boland today:

"On the other hand the winning team as the USASOC comp last week was running M110's - so the gun gets the job done in the hands of capable shooters."

from this thread:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2966947&page=18

</div></div>

The statement is true. Unfortunately not all guns are built the same. And if you had seen the rankings of the rest of the guys running M110s you would see different story. Well then again its really up to the shooter making the gun work to its full potential. The M110 is a good platform if you have a good tight shooting gun. Unfortunately some fellow competitors fell victim on the latter side. Haters can hate on ML all they want. But when over half the competition is shooting OBRs. Obviously LaRue Tactical is doing something right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Posted by Kevin Boland today:

"On the other hand the winning team as the USASOC comp last week was running M110's - so the gun gets the job done in the hands of capable shooters."

from this thread:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2966947&page=18

</div></div>

and that's because only the M110 were present due to change in rules...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Posted by Kevin Boland today:

from this thread:

</div></div>

and that's because only the M110 were present due to change in rules...</div></div>

Ha ha ha! It's funny how certain things are left out to paint a certain manufacturer in a good light, until someone else reveals <span style="font-style: italic">the rest of the story</span>.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Posted by Kevin Boland today:

from this thread:

</div></div>

and that's because only the M110 were present due to change in rules...</div></div>

Ha ha ha! It's funny how certain things are left out to paint a certain manufacturer in a good light, until someone else reveals <span style="font-style: italic">the rest of the story</span>. </div></div>

The US international Sniper Competition is now restricted to M110's and M24's the USASOC comp had multiple weapons including a number of M110's and OBR's

At the Benning comp, How many 110s were returned (traded) because shooters could not obtain accurate zeros? Ask how many of the entire group held even Close to MOA?

As for other comps, Teams with access to lots of stuff can run through weapons until they find the one they want, others aren't so lucky.

There were quite a few OBR's on hand at the Oregon Sniper Challenge this year. I believe some ended up in the top ten.

I have not shot one, but from seeing the results in the real world they seem to get the job done.

I am still attempting to get a mount for a RTZ test. The only LaRue mount that I currently have is a CCO mount and I don't think that would be a fair comparison versus the ADM test I just ran. LaRue stuff works. It doesn't mean it is always the appropriate tool for the task at hand.

I am neither a fanboy or hater. I despise drama and have a nasty habit of saying what I think regardless of which direction the prevailing wind blows. Once I run my RTZ review on a LaRue mount I am sure there will be some interesting comments no matter how the chips fall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There were quite a few OBR's on hand at the Oregon Sniper Challenge this year. I believe some ended up in the top ten.

I have not shot one, but from seeing the results in the real world they seem to get the job done.

I am still attempting to get a mount for a RTZ test. The only LaRue mount that I currently have is a CCO mount and I don't think that would be a fair comparison versus the ADM test I just ran. LaRue stuff works. It doesn't mean it is always the appropriate tool for the task at hand.

I am neither a fanboy or hater. I despise drama and have a nasty habit of saying what I think regardless of which direction the prevailing wind blows. Once I run my RTZ review on a LaRue mount I am sure there will be some interesting comments no matter how the chips fall. </div></div>

Honestly I wouldn't waste your time doing it. All your going to catch is flack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know, but I am a glutton for punishment.

and...... I have about sixty million emails asking for me to do the review. </div></div>

lol Good luck. I look forward to seeing a impartial non hated(at the moment ;P ) review of them.

LW,

I might be willing to loan you a mount, maybe even the GEN 1 PROM to go with it, because I will be seen as biased... the GEN 1 PROM is not exactly the same but the attachment is close enough that I would put it against anything on the market. I plan on doing it this spring with the production PROM but a second opinion might keep the wolves at bay.

As far as what works and what doesn't, 95% of the time when a person can't get a gasser to shoot it's the driver and not the rifle. Once you square them away on following through on the trigger things seem to tighten up considerably.

You constantly hear people bitch about their triggers not working but its the shooters tapping the trigger and then it doubles. They immediately blame the rifle for fear of the truth being told. I take complains with a grain of salt.

I have shot the OBR, I have the GAPs, and I have the Knights... accuracy wise the GAPs rule, but I have no issue keeping my Knights sub moa. The OBR is a good platform, and the adjustable gas block works well, but otherwise there is nothing in there you can't do with any other quality semi-auto. In fact comparing test targets I have seen, they all hover in the same league as the KAC stuff I have seen.

The only time I have seen a Knights suffer in accuracy is when you use the suppressor. When guys put the KAC suppressor on their rifles the accuracy falls off, that is not a problem you will see with an OBR or GAP because of the mounting. Take the suppressor off the KAC stuff and they usually group 2x as good as with them . Using the suppressor they are just a 1.25 MOA rifle, without the suppressor and most fall under .75 MOA easily.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LW,
I might be willing to loan you a mount, maybe even the GEN 1 PROM to go with it, because I will be seen as biased... the GEN 1 PROM is not exactly the same but the attachment is close enough that I would put it against anything on the market. I plan on doing it this spring with the production PROM but a second opinion might keep the wolves at bay.</div></div>

Depending on how SHOT goes, I may take you up on that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LW,

I might be willing to loan you a mount, maybe even the GEN 1 PROM to go with it, because I will be seen as biased... the GEN 1 PROM is not exactly the same but the attachment is close enough that I would put it against anything on the market. I plan on doing it this spring with the production PROM but a second opinion might keep the wolves at bay.

As far as what works and what doesn't, 95% of the time when a person can't get a gasser to shoot it's the driver and not the rifle. Once you square them away on following through on the trigger things seem to tighten up considerably.

You constantly hear people bitch about their triggers not working but its the shooters tapping the trigger and then it doubles. They immediately blame the rifle for fear of the truth being told. I take complains with a grain of salt.

I have shot the OBR, I have the GAPs, and I have the Knights... accuracy wise the GAPs rule, but I have no issue keeping my Knights sub moa. The OBR is a good platform, and the adjustable gas block works well, but otherwise there is nothing in there you can't do with any other quality semi-auto. In fact comparing test targets I have seen, they all hover in the same league as the KAC stuff I have seen.

The only time I have seen a Knights suffer in accuracy is when you use the suppressor. When guys put the KAC suppressor on their rifles the accuracy falls off, that is not a problem you will see with an OBR or GAP because of the mounting. Take the suppressor off the KAC stuff and they usually group 2x as good as with them . Using the suppressor they are just a 1.25 MOA rifle, without the suppressor and most fall under .75 MOA easily. </div></div>

In regards to or addition to LL's post on suppressor use (M110), we've seen that it may vary from can to can. As far as students and guys with 110s on their team we usually recommend them to switch around cans and see how guns shoot. Some surprisingly shoot better with different ones. Not all 110s are the same. We have guys who have a 110s that will group 1.5 MOA but throw on the can they are shooting .75 MOA or better and vice versa. At least this would be with the supplied KAC can.

Done with Larue.

Decided to order a PredatAR before Thanksgiving. My FFL called Alfred and got a list of bureaucratic does/don'ts, plus the forms to fill out.

Took until 12/8 to get an order in.

Alfred just called to say that they lost the paperwork and we had to resubmit everything (and loose our place in line - 14 week wait).

I wrote to Mark Larue and got a nice note, but no rifle. 6 weeks lost while attempting to spend $1,600.

I guess that they have so much business that they don't need more customers.

Any suggestions on a quality rifle maker who wants the business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiguy31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Done with Larue.

Decided to order a PredatAR before Thanksgiving. My FFL called Alfred and got a list of bureaucratic does/don'ts, plus the forms to fill out.

Alfred just called to say that they lost the paperwork and we had to resubmit everything (and loose our place in line - 14 week wait).

I wrote to Mark Larue and got a nice note, but no rifle. 6 weeks lost while attempting to spend $1,600.

</div></div>

*cough* I hear GA Precision makes a hell of a Precision Gas Gun....and you can even get it in different caliber flavors!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiguy31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Done with Larue.

</div></div>

*cough* I hear GA Precision makes a hell of a Precision Gas Gun....and you can even get it in different caliber flavors!</div></div>

^^^ This right here, Chiguy31. The guys at G.A. Precision will take good care of you even after the sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd rather LaRue stop shelling out the "free" shit and just cut that cost out of the prices of the product. I like the larue stuff i've got so far, but I don't appreciate paying through the nose because Mark likes to stuff his boxes with goodies.</div></div>

+1000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muttt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd rather LaRue stop shelling out the "free" shit and just cut that cost out of the prices of the product. I like the larue stuff i've got so far, but I don't appreciate paying through the nose because Mark likes to stuff his boxes with goodies.</div></div>

+1000 </div></div>

I find the entire base of LaRue Fanboys to be amusing at the very least. And these threads never end and are on every gun forum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiguy31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Done with Larue.

</div></div>

*cough* I hear GA Precision makes a hell of a Precision Gas Gun....and you can even get it in different caliber flavors! </div></div>

Do you try to resubmit the order? I know a guy who had a similar experience, except that Larue delivered the rifle 7 weeks after the initial order was lost, 1 week after the lost order was discovered, 7 weeks before the 14 week wait would have ended.

Alfred or whoever should quit losing his orders, because he's costing them a lot of business, but LT delivered the rifle 7 weeks earlier than they promised to this guy. And it shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find the entire base of LaRue Fanboys to be amusing at the very least. And these threads never end and are on every gun forum. </div></div>

Their stuff is OK and works well .......... highly over rated and WAY overpriced. Now the name is what all the people (coolaid drinkers) want so they can have braggin rights.

Response to SRSdriver:

Appreciate the suggestion, but how hard to I have to work to spend my $1,600?

Took me awhile to earn the money, took me awhile to get a dealer willing to jump through the Larue dealer hoops. Then I waited a month until Alfred told us that he lost the paperwork.

Makes me wonder if there are any Alfreds in Larue's manufacturing end. Would hate to pay this much and get a lemon.

Bottom line, have gone out and looked at several other manufacturers; there are a lot of good guns out there.

Time to move on and give somebody else a chance to prove that my money is well spent.

As an aside; originally got interested in Larue because a well known "gunny" had a Larue and spoke well of it on his web site and in his school (and let me shoot the gun). Since then the Larue gun has not lived up to its promise; in fact, it has disappointed. I got lucky by not getting the gun when ordered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nimzoblanca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love Dillo Dust on my fried eggs. </div></div>
Dillo on anything is delicious

I own some of his stuff and would buy again but I have one problem with his business model that likely applies to other companies as well so I'm not picking on him. This is just a pet peave of mine BUT...

He doesn't extend his military discount to retirees, and again there are others that do this and in my opinion "supporting" those that serve only while their in, is nothing more than a marketing gimmick and it offends me as a veteran.

I own a business and I give a discount to EVERYONE that serves, regardless of whether they're still serving or not. I'll even give one to the warrior that only served one tour and then got out.

In my mind you can't "support the troops" part time or only when its convenient for your marketing efforts. Military service leaves an indelible mark on your life long after you've gotten out and in the case of a war veteran, many of these guys need our support long afterwards, likely even moreso than when they were serving.

Those Marines didn't piss on Taliban corpses because they were bored, they did it due to a deep rooted hated for the brutality they've witnessed on behalf of this great nation, which will haunt them for eternity.

Support the troops? Then fucking support them or stop pretending just to make a buck.

I had an issue with the bolt for my OBR 556. I called Alfred and he said they will send me a new one by overnight UPS. He also said I will have a link sent to me in a few minutes where I can acess UPS to print a call tag to have old both returned to them at their expense.

So based on my experience with that issue a another minor problem I find they have excellent customer service, something I am more than willing to pay extra for in terms of purchase price for an item.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiguy31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Done with Larue.

</div></div>

ChiGuy, I am not going to speak to the rest of this thread but I will state that I have done business with Alfred prior to becoming a minor acquaintance of his (we drank a few beers together). Before he knew me from Adam, he always provided excellent customer service. That being told up front, I would note that at the timeframe mentioned in your post he was a Customer Service Manager at LaRue. Meaning that regardless of who lost what he would be the guy with the enviable job of calling you and trying to fix the situation. I would be every bit as upset as you at the loss of my paperwork but I think calling Alfred out by name is uncalled for and the follow on comments "more Alfred's working there..." are wrong too. Unless he personally gave you bad service or was rude don't blast him. Do I know him? Yes. Would I be on here making a post regarding him if he wasn't a hell of a guy and a hard worker? No. Believe me when I say he is the type of guy who would tell me NOT to post and to just let it go. But he deserves better. Keep the thread on point - you have good things to say about the company or you have bad things to say about the company. But unless you have something verifiable to say about a particular person in a specific thread, I think it would be best to leave personal references out of it. We all have jobs (except for those people who have time to go "Occupy" apparently) and the last thing we need is someone running us down personally on the big bad internet over something stupid our company did or didn't do.

And I am out of this one...