• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue UU 308 compatability

19dsniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Fort Hood Texas
I am in the market for a 14.5" preferred, or 16" .308 upper for my LaRue UU kit.

I purchased the UU kit a few years back in 6.5 creedmoor and really enjoy it. It has been a consistent 0.7" rifle. Sometimes in the 0.6 mostly 0.7 and on occasion 0.9", but so far no larger.

I am looking at getting, or building a 308 upper, but after looking at the larue website, they are out of their damn mind! I refuse to pay $2,000.00 for just a 308 upper.

So what options do I have?
Who makes a stripped upper that is compatible with the Larue UU kit that I can build off of?

I'm fine with putting one together myself, but I have seen conflicting information on who's upper works with the larue and who's doesn't. I know I could go KAC, but they are way out of my price range.

Looking for a finished upper that is better than MOA, but doesn't have to be a 0.25 moa gun. I will gladly take that... but I would be happy with accuracy like I'm already getting with my 6.5CM larue upper.

Thanks for any advice

The UU kits could be ordered in either KAC SR25 (angled) or DPMS (curved) receiver seam profiles.

Determining which type you have will drive what you will need moving forward.

Stag10 bolts right up and looks reasonable. Mega also fits, but looks like shit.
LMT would be another option.

Primary arms did have the large frame Larue uppers on sale. You may wanna check there.

Not really a viable option for most, but 3-4 years ago the guy that owned NoDak Spud machined an Aero M5 upper to fit a BRN-10 lower. It was a fairly simple job, looked decent and functioned fine. Might work the same with a LaRue, if you had the tooling and were willing to risk a $100 blem upper. Probably a bit too radical, though.

Stag10 bolts right up and looks reasonable. Mega also fits, but looks like shit.
LMT would be another option.
I may have to go Stag10 then. I have that pulled up and saved. They have stripped lowers in stock. I could do that for $200, a good barrel and headspaced bolt for around $900 and be money in the back after a $200 handguard.

I did see they have small frame uppers for $1,300, but I'm not seeing any large frame.

Thank you for the heads up. I will keep a look out there though.
Found it. They still sell them for $2,000