• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Larue- why did I do this again?

Primus

Bye Then
Banned !
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Vancouver, WA
It's been about 6 years since I bought anything from these clowns. Mostly due to just about everything they make being 10+ years obsolete.

But alas, I have been wanted to do a 6.5g build and the price just can't be beat for their UU kits. Even if the barrel is shit I can replace it with a proof and still come out ahead.

So I ordered an extra trigger and bipod adapter for an old Harris laying around so it looks like they both shipped in a week.

Here is where it gets annoying. There is absolutley nothing on the website about these taking 14-16 weeks to ship. When something is in stock and there no details saying this going to take months to ship, maybe letting the customer know upfront is a good idea.

I called CS who relayed this info to me. Mentioned it may be good business to let potential purchasers know not only will the product take 4 months to deliver, but their credit card charge will be in limbo till it ships. Personally I would rather them charge now than have to manage the funds for some indefinite time in the future. Ya I know first world problems. The guy was totally apathetic and said they have no interest in posting an ETA for prodcuts online

I can order 10 firearms without so much as talking to a human and have them in my ffls hand in about 5 days from order. These fuckers don't even have the common curtosy to send you an email with an ETA.

This is not a custom product. For an outfit that brags ammount the number of CNC machines and sq of machine shop, they sure don't impress me when it comes to shipping out product that is all cnced and maybe requires sending out for ano if they don't do that in house. I can litterly order a custom rifle from LRI and have it in my hands sooner.

Part of me wonders how they will survive without innovating and with archaic CS and business practice in a modern world.

Anyone else get similar feedback from their orders for the UU kits?

Reactions: MarkBlue
I know I just canceled my complete rifle Grendel order after waiting two months with no end in sight. I was seeing posts from guys saying they were going on a 4 month wait for only an upper. Cmon Larue, were talking about a damn ar15. Just got a estimate for a complete build custom bolt gun from sac and it was significantly less of a wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkBlue
Their attitude leaves something to be desired imo. I have almost ordered a uu large frame kit but lowers can take up to 6 months. I think their positions is we have so many orders it doesn’t matter what we do.

They make a fine product imo. But their cs leaves something (a lot) to be desired

Reactions: MarkBlue and Xrslug
With current technology: bar code scanners, rfid, et al. A vendor not having real-time inventory is making a choice, period. I'm convinced Larue would be long gone were it not for their fanboys on Arfcom.

Not really. Those technologies add a lot of cost but don’t really help in the manufacturing environment. In the logistics / transportation they help a lot with huge volume. They know their back log, they just don’t want to tell people.

Reactions: Mr. Z
Not really. Those technologies add a lot of cost but don’t really help in the manufacturing environment. In the logistics / transportation they help a lot with huge volume. They know their back log, they just don’t want to tell people.

Totally agree with them just not wanting to tell people. I just feel like if I order a rifle, and it’s going to be months before ships, I should have a heads up.

Disclaimer: I own a 20" .308 PredatOBR. Had issues with it, and LaRue fixed it in a matter of days. So their customer service is spot on. Now with the stock issues some items will show in stock when you are on the page. However if it doesn't show the green "in stock" bar then I'll either call or move elsewhere. Unfortunately LaRue is way behind the times when it comes to products. Their stupid carry strap was exactly that. Of all the times people have been asking them for that is what they come out with? Yes they have flat triggers now but nothing new. Either way LaRue will do LaRue and that's all there is to it.

Would be cool if they did a “ready to ship” page like JP

Some of their items like mounts will show real time stock but for everything else best assume it isn't. I ordered my PredatOBR one month into my deployment so I wasn't in a hurry. That said the rifle was shipped in about 4 months.

This is logistics: its either in stock, or its not. If it has to be "manufactured" its not in stock, and, IMHO should not be represented as being available for sale. If its represented as "made to order" or "custom" that's a completely different story, but that's not what we're talking about here. "Backlog" shouldn't even enter into the discussion, these upper kits are not represented as "made to order." As for those technologies adding "allot of cost": No... Actually remarkably affordable, unless you don't care or want your customers to know.

Last edited:
WOW, 14-16 weeks that is pretty bad. I ordered a pair of stealth sniper uppers and was told 6 or so weeks, that was about 7 weeks ago, we had to call and change cards this week, because after 2 months keeping track of the purchase on the debit was getting annoying...

It's been about 6 years since I bought anything from these clowns. Mostly due to just about everything they make being 10+ years obsolete.

But alas, I have been wanted to do a 6.5g build and the price just can't be beat for their UU kits. Even if the barrel is shit I can replace it with a proof and still come out ahead.

So I ordered an extra trigger and bipod adapter for an old Harris laying around so it looks like they both shipped in a week.

Here is where it gets annoying. There is absolutley nothing on the website about these taking 14-16 weeks to ship. When something is in stock and there no details saying this going to take months to ship, maybe letting the customer know upfront is a good idea.

I called CS who relayed this info to me. Mentioned it may be good business to let potential purchasers know not only will the product take 4 months to deliver, but their credit card charge will be in limbo till it ships. Personally I would rather them charge now than have to manage the funds for some indefinite time in the future. Ya I know first world problems. The guy was totally apathetic and said they have no interest in posting an ETA for prodcuts online

I can order 10 firearms without so much as talking to a human and have them in my ffls hand in about 5 days from order. These fuckers don't even have the common curtosy to send you an email with an ETA.

This is not a custom product. For an outfit that brags ammount the number of CNC machines and sq of machine shop, they sure don't impress me when it comes to shipping out product that is all cnced and maybe requires sending out for ano if they don't do that in house. I can litterly order a custom rifle from LRI and have it in my hands sooner.

Part of me wonders how they will survive without innovating and with archaic CS and business practice in a modern world.

Anyone else get similar feedback from their orders for the UU kits?
I can send you a bipod adapter tomorrow. Switching mine out for an adm. That bipod adapter is dated.

WOW, 14-16 weeks that is pretty bad. I ordered a pair of stealth sniper uppers and was told 6 or so weeks, that was about 7 weeks ago, we had to call and change cards this week, because after 2 months keeping track of the purchase on the debit was getting annoying...
You would think they'd be cranking them out from the sheer volume of emails I've been getting how someone is winning a stealth upper every week.

The only thing Larue has going for them is their true free floating barrel design that's it!

Oh.. and the Dildo Dust, can't forget that....

It's just the way Larue does it. Accept it, as frustrating as it is, and you'll get a quality product.
I ordered the grendel kit on Christmas day. Got the upper a couple months later but still no lower. I've been using it on another lower and got a load somewhat figured out.

You and others may call it fanboy'ism ;)
Personally I'm a fan of the PRODUCT, not so much a fan of the wait or the owner. His FDE .260 rifle hooked me.
3 rifles later and I've had good success with Larue rifles. They work well and customer service has been excellent.

I ordered the SURG the day it was announced, got the upper & lower 6'ish months later but no ETA on the suppressor. A few months later I sent it back and got one of there 5.56 rifles in stead.

Unless someone throws you in a time machine and sets the time back to 2001, there is absolutely nothing LaRue makes that you need and/or can't get from somewhere else.

But hey, maybe they'll toss in an extra dildo dust or 17 pocket constitutions or a book of matches or something.

LaRue has been outpaced and I don't think they can really make it up. Oh you have QDs with return to zero well RTZ is standard on any mount worth its salt. The staff on the phone is very knowledgeable and have helped with the issues I had with my rifle. But ML is going to do what ML is going to do. Needless to say I just go elsewhere for all things precision AR now. I do think they peaked with the Magpul Precision Rifle DVD.

In all fairness $87 triggers and $800 UU kits are pretty fucking good deals for the quality.

I dislike larue more than most here but thats how the cards fall.

Just wish they would be shitters and would actuall give people realistic expectations.

Reactions: flyright
Disclaimer: I own a 20" .308 PredatOBR. Had issues with it, and LaRue fixed it in a matter of days. So their customer service is spot on. Now with the stock issues some items will show in stock when you are on the page. However if it doesn't show the green "in stock" bar then I'll either call or move elsewhere. Unfortunately LaRue is way behind the times when it comes to products. Their stupid carry strap was exactly that. Of all the times people have been asking them for that is what they come out with? Yes they have flat triggers now but nothing new. Either way LaRue will do LaRue and that's all there is to it.

Some of their items like mounts will show real time stock but for everything else best assume it isn't. I ordered my PredatOBR one month into my deployment so I wasn't in a hurry. That said the rifle was shipped in about 4 months.

That larue is gonna larue comment made me LOL. ML is a fucking loser.

It's just the way Larue does it. Accept it, as frustrating as it is, and you'll get a quality product.
I ordered the grendel kit on Christmas day. Got the upper a couple months later but still no lower. I've been using it on another lower and got a load somewhat figured out.

See and that attitude is what cost larue some DOD Contracts. ML needs to pull is head out his ass and spend less time on ARFCOM. Maybe his wife wouldn't of left him.

scott

The trigger is the one area they have the market cornered. The closest competition is double the price

You would think they'd be cranking them out from the sheer volume of emails I've been getting how someone is winning a stealth upper every week.

LOL. We live in preban land and I just wanted a couple of 14.5 pinned uppers and saw theirs when picking up a scope mount and hadn't seen that Brownells was selling URGI's.

That larue is gonna larue comment made me LOL. ML is a fucking loser.

See and that attitude is what cost larue some DOD Contracts. ML needs to pull is head out his ass and spend less time on ARFCOM. Maybe his wife wouldn't of left him.

scott

Don’t be a jerk. If you want to knock his decisions or policies that’s cool. But that low blow is not cool

Haha, I still have one too. No idea why they thought their customer base would need something like that.

Or this gem
73B5D065-D599-40B8-8503-80ABBA6C4C17.jpeg

I still think it was a bet among him and a buddy. ML claiming he could sell anything to his fanboys and a friend saying that was impossible. Then he showed up with this to prove him wrong.

Or this gemView attachment 7055117

I still think it was a bet among him and a buddy. ML claiming he could sell anything to his fanboys and a friend saying that was impossible. Then he showed up with this to prove him wrong.

Wow, never knew that existed. Yeah, even weirder than the paint can stirrer lid thingy, if for no other reason than Larue wants to be seen as mil focused, but the mil would never use something like that to carry a rifle around.

Winning a bet might well be the reason these things get tossed in the box.

There's a thread over at ARF going on about how they don't have current pictures up on their website for Stealth uppers..

Also, does anyone know what "GTG" means on an order status?

There's a thread over at ARF going on about how they don't have current pictures up on their website for Stealth uppers..

Also, does anyone know what "GTG" means on an order status?

Means good to go.

Can you DM me a link to that thread?

LT generally makes good stuff and the trigger value is simply incredible.

I would however agree that they aren’t really innovators at this point, and many of the design elements that set them apart from competition are of questionable utility.

They do have one of the most fascinating marketing models in the firearms industry. The personal vendetta-based projects are straight out of a Rand novel. Say what you like about the man, but he is not fool as it seems to be working.

I worry though that they have lost the old magic in the zeal to limit their supply chain vulnerability, dump products to hurt competitors, and increasingly double down on an echo chamber customer base. There was a time when the precision reputation was well deserved and a LaRue rifle was coveted. I am not sure that is the case any longer.

Haha, I still have one too. No idea why they thought their customer base would need something like that.

On the paint mixers...I don’t know, I think it’s the best swag item they ship and use them a lot. Great for primer cans or touch up cans you use a often.

The botle openers are pretty good too. Some like the dillo dust, but it just tastes like season-all and sugar I think.

Bought a stealth upper a couple years ago. Quality is great and it's a shooter. Good experience over all, it did take awhile to get after ordering. Anybody check out the Larue bolt guns at SHOT this year?

Bought a stealth upper a couple years ago. Quality is great and it's a shooter. Good experience over all, it did take awhile to get after ordering. Anybody check out the Larue bolt guns at SHOT this year?
you mean their siete?

Anybody check out the Larue bolt guns at SHOT this year?

Why would anyone get one of those when you could get any number of proven custom actions, with a match barrel of your choice, with the contour and caliber that you’re wanting, without the long/unknown wait time that you’d face with LaRue?

It’s nothing revolutionary, and there are better options currently available. It still won’t be revolutionary if/when it launches in 2-3years.

Reactions: 308pirate
Why would anyone get one of those when you could get any number of proven custom actions, with a match barrel of your choice, with the contour and caliber that you’re wanting, without the long/unknown wait time that you’d face with LaRue?

It’s nothing revolutionary, and there are better options currently available. It still won’t be revolutionary if/when it launches in 2-3years.
Well ML keeps throwing photos on his instagram as if there is no shortage of supply so no idea what's going on. Kind of annoys me when a company throws photos on social media making it seem like there is an overabundance of supply yet customers are left waiting on the order of months with no end in sight.

More to the point I do think LaRue die hards will buy that bolt gun for no other reason that it's a LaRue. Judging from the instagram photos it seems very close to the Ashbury however I doubt it's anywhere that close. I think at this point LaRue, like many other manufactures, is relying on name recognition rather than putting out good and new products. But as I've said above LaRue gonna LaRue.

I have trouble respecting any man with a Facebook or Instagram account.. that shit is for period blood wielding split tails.

But yeah...let's buy a custom bolt gun from an outfit who can't even ship their bread and butter product for the same price as a proven platform/gun Smith....... Same shit with Daniel defense. Stick to what you are barely marginal at.

Agree!! I asked what the price was gonna be on these and he said he hasn't decided on a price yet. The 2 I saw where in a glass case so I didn't get to fondle it, so have no idea what the action felt like. I will stick with my Surgeons for my bolt guns.

That company is still stuck in the 90s. They are rude to their customers and they would never get another cent off my money.

Honestly I’ll call larue out on a few things but there are two guys who I’ve spoken too and I’ve never had a bad experience. Be it, “Hey I’m having real issues with my buffer tube,” to “How often do you decopper barrels,” they’ve been nothing but helpful.

Reactions: KaRwithaScar
I would imagine LaRue's UU deal and MBT deal is so friggin' popular.. they can't keep up.

I have a few barrels , triggers and other parts from them ( Tubbs Flatwire springs ) and they have all shipped promptly.

I am not disagreeing with anyone's points, and a mo' better in stock inventory would help.

This sounds like PSA's growing pains... to much demand, not enough product available.

Josiah told me during the Obama sales surge.. they were producing 3500 uppers per day.. and PSA couldn't keep up with the growing demand.

I would love to know how many UU kits LaRue is producing a day... and how many are shipping per day.

As for LaRue being innovative... and again no offense to anyone.... they are selling a ton of product just the way it is.

And being innovative now a days is tough... you spend all the money to develop a product, only to have it ripped off and copied by some Chinese Manufacturer.

And I wouldn't mind a LaRue UU kit.... but I am not going to wait 4 months for one.