• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment LAST CHANCE!!! Anhydrous lanolin case lube, 8:1 ratio, last six bottles for sale, listing ends Aug.1.

I’m willing to bet he’ll probably want to keep his pp info fairly private.. lol

Yeah, just PM me with any orders and I'll square you away.

I don't always come here so if you ask for me to contact you, it may be a while. Better to just PM me, tell me what you want, where you want it and how you'd like to pay and I'll make it happen.

$38 for one quart, $66 for two, Paypal, Zelle, Postal MO, Cashier (bank) Check works best; Paypal and Zelle are fastest just leave the memo blank or say "lube".

Got a ton of grease and booze (lanolin and isopropanol) and now is the time to make your brass last longer, not to mention a smoother process and less wear on dies.

Might be getting into 50 BMG and I already have 250+ of 375 cheytac petersons that need necked down to 338. This might be the cat’s meow for me?

Yeah, well I originally made it for BMG brass... Spent military brass is pretty tough, I wore out a Dillon BFR after a couple thousand rounds and they were really cool in supplying new parts to repair it. Better lube made the process much smoother though and it's not taking near the beating it was. Neither is my hand, at one point I'd wore a hole in my palm. May have a picture of that somewhere, had to load with a rappel glove! I mean it really is a night and day difference, I wouldn't have thought lube to make THAT much of a difference to be honest.

I'd still try it at 16:1 first and only use the 8:1 if necessary. BUT I'd keep some of the 8:1 on hand just in case. The less you have to use the better.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************
READ FIRST: Changes: FINALLY found a new supplier (so far so good) so I'm making it again. However it now comes in quarts instead of pints. 8:1 or 16:1, your choice on strength (or custom strengths available, no extra charge). As usual you're welcome to get it full strength and cut it to 16:1 yourself, it's just a 50/50, one for one mix.

If alcohol goes astronomical again I might have to pull the plug again, covid has killed more businesses and hobbies than people and since I don't make much off of this and it isn't a real business, just a service to 'Hide members, I can't offer it when prices for alcohol go higher than the complete product goes for. *$3 per price increase from $35 to $38 due to higher and fluctuating alcohol prices, differences in actual cost go towards GGWG charities here on the 'Hide.*

$38 per quart, $66 for two. Shipping is included. Paypal is fine, add 3% if not F&F. PM to order.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Only available here to Sniper's Hide Members! I don't make much off it so it's more a service to provide members here with the best lanolin case lube available. I use pure anhydrous materials (no water present) and emulsify them carefully over heat. It's the strongest and purest lanolin case lube available at an 8:1 ratio of alcohol to lanolin. It's stronger than Dillon's and I've been told it's better than Hornady One Shot and RCBS's lube (and there's no pad to deal with either if you currently use that). Imperial wax is close but it's not sprayable. I do plan on making a wax similar one day using Lanolin and beeswax. Lanolin is just an awesome case lube, period.

I used to have another sale page up here with a long list of satisfied members and I don't know what happened to it! It just disappeared. I didn't receive any notice about it and I'm against people taking advantage of the site to run a business out of with out paying the dues. This isn't a business though and if I paid the seller dues it would make it not worth it for me to continue doing. If it does expand, and I'd like that, SH will be the first to be paid. It's my home.

I do, however, have another page in reloading here where it's being discussed, questions asked and answered:
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/pure-lanolin-case-lube-for-sale.6920148/#post-7562682

The lube comes in 16oz. bottles and they go for $12 per bottle plus $10 shipping; 2 bottles is $34, shipping for two is a little more than the $10 I charge but I cover any differences. Most folks get 2 bottles, it's a better deal with the shipping, lasts even longer and gives you one bottle to keep concentrated for hard to size brass and one you can cut to stretch and make spray and spread better. At full strength it's sufficient for sizing BMG brass and other hard to size cases. That was it's genesis, sizing BMG cases. It can be cut up to 16:1 or more for easier to size cases like .308, etc.

Lanolin is one of, if not the best lubes to use for sizing brass. It's the main ingredient in Imperial wax and Dillon case lube. What I offer is much stronger than Dillon's at a fraction of the price, and you get more. I only use the purest ingredients to make it with and get 'em in bulk to keep prices down and make it worth it.

To cut or to use, heat up a bowl of hot water. Soak the bottle in the hot water until it becomes a urine like color without any white solids. Do not subject the bottle or the contents to direct heat or in a microwave! Vapors are explosive. When warmed, this is when it sprays, spreads and mixes the easiest. Spray brass in a plastic bag and work around to fully coat, or spray in a plastic bin, shaking can line up most of the case mouths so the can be hit too. Avoid paper bags or cardboard boxes, they absorb the alcohol and lube and the cases on the sides and bottoms can be left dry. To remove, dry tumbling works best or they can be wiped clean, depending on your loading habits. Wet tumbling will require a solution capable of dissolving the lanolin and I haven't found one yet. Small amounts can even be left and pose no problem.

I've got several pounds of lanolin and a case of alcohol waiting. I answer any questions or concerns, just PM me. I will sell it diluted to any ratio you prefer, otherwise it comes 8:1. Diluting it yourself pays off better as you end up with more using your own bottle of alcohol vs. me doing it. It's easy enough to do and the 99% alcohol can be had from a pharmacy, Iso Heet car starter or Amazon.

Please PM me for sales, cost is $22 for one bottle, $34 for two, shipped Priority Mail as soon as possible. I take paypal (add 3% unless F&F) Postal MO or a cashier's check. Paypal is the fastest of course but it's up to you.

Thank you!
Check Amazon . You can buy a 6 oz bottle for $7.00 or so and it will last for generations . A little if that goes a long way.

Check Amazon . You can buy a 6 oz bottle for $7.00 or so and it will last for generations . A little if that goes a long way.
??? I don't understand the context here, I'm sorry.

You mean a little of the lube goes a long way? Yes it does, a looong way.

You mean the alcohol goes a long way? Not really, it does what it does.

You mean for me to buy? 6oz. for $7 would mean over $35 for a quart alone or $140 per gallon, I can't do that. Nobody wants to pay that much.

I'd recommend for guys looking to cut their own that they be patient and find a pint or a quart of 99% isopropyl on Amazon and pay $10 or so for the quart, less for the pint. It will cost more for just one bottle but it shouldn't be over $1 per ounce either, nowhere close.

Reactions: AngryKoala
Going out tomorrow, gonna make some extra again to have on hand for orders that come in late (but I don't make a ton extra and it goes pretty quick usually).

Says here Woolite breaks down lanolin in a wet tumbler. Anyone try it?
No, it's the first I heard of it but now you got me interested...

I don't think I have any around, I'll put it on the list though, I'd like to get some in the AM and play with it tomorrow. Obviously if this works it's something I need to know.

NOPE, scratch that, just found a bottle in the laundry! Ex wives apparently ARE good for something! I'll go lube up some brass and give this a whirl right now and get back to you guys.

I'll try it mixed with water and straight out of the bottle.

In the meantime... I gots the lube!

So I tried it. I took a bowl of cold water and and a little woolite and a second bowl that was mostly woolite and some water. I lubed up three pieces of .308 brass, thick coat too with straight 8:1 and put some pure lanolin directly on a spoon. If it'll work on that, we might be onto something.

I can swear it's breaking it down, and in cold water no less, but I can't be sure after ten minutes of playing with it at 2am. And it seemed the stronger solution worked better. I can only imagine that the pins in a wet tumbler will assist in breaking it down further. As to how much you have to use? I don't know, maybe start with the directions on the bottle?

Basically --it's promising? I certainly get the idea more testing needs to be done but I'm nowhere close to loading up a cement mixer full of brass in the dead of winter. Anybody got a small one they care to test out?

Reactions: DellaDog
I’ll try and post results as well.
Yeah man, if you have a wet tumbler you can try, a big one or a small one doesn't matter really, and with COLD water, that'd be awesome.

I have no doubt most detergents will work if you have the option of using hot water (like you do with smaller ones).

I’ve had luck getting the lube off with wet tumbling in SS pins with 2 tbsp of dawn and a 1/4 teaspoon of Lemishine. Works great. Kills two birds with one stone as well since I don’t have to tumble first, size, then wipe down. Just size, and tumble

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
Didn’t seem like it. Will know more as I do more batches

Reactions: DellaDog
That’s my cleaning recipe as well (1 tbsp dawn vs 2) but I wonder if the lube is just binding to the pins and tumbler?
(Using Redding die wax it still leaves a tad on the brass)
Yeah, over time it just spreads it around and it builds up. With cold water in a cement mixer that is.

One of these days I'm gonna give the US cleaner a go --almost positive it'll do the deed efficiently.

It'd just be nice if there was large batch cold wet tumble method, that's all.

And of course for the meantime all the dry methods work great.

Yeah, over time it just spreads it around and it builds up. With cold water in a cement mixer that is.

One of these days I'm gonna give the US cleaner a go --almost positive it'll do the deed efficiently.

Heptane, unfortunately kind of hazardous.

For whatever it's worth, BrakeCleen has always worked great for getting the overspray lanolin off my bench and the spray block I use.

So I got the vaccine and combined with a bout of bad insomnia, I was down for a bit. Didn't wanna take on more than I could handle --I'm just one man here.

I'm back, ready to go, so get your lube now!

How do you get it off your brass once it's dry? I have used multiple formulations of anhydrous lanolin in isopropanol and if I leave the brass for more than a couple days the lube dries into a tacky film which is nearly impossible to remove (lanolin is what makes sheep waterproof, after all). I have had to soak brass in new 99% isopropyl for a few hours to dissolve the lanolin off and then discard the isopropyl.

How do you get it off your brass once it's dry? I have used multiple formulations of anhydrous lanolin in isopropanol and if I leave the brass for more than a couple days the lube dries into a tacky film which is nearly impossible to remove (lanolin is what makes sheep waterproof, after all). I have had to soak brass in new 99% isopropyl for a few hours to dissolve the lanolin off and then discard the isopropyl.
Wet tumbling and dawn dish soap. Dry tumbling will also work.

Well, it couldn't very well be perfect now could it?

Yeah, it's the only drawback but worth it. There are ways to deal with it.

First off figure out how much to use --it sorta sounds like maybe you're using too much. If you're using mine, then it's VERY strong stuff and you don't need much. Do a light mist and shake, light enough it should still be stiff when you size. Try a little more. JUST when it gets easy, that's it. That's all you need. The less you use, the easier it is to get off in general.

Dry tumbling is one method. It's self explanatory.

Wiping is another and it's a surefire method that leaves a shiny case. Wiping sounds like a more a chore than it really is, you should be inspecting brass and/or live rounds and that's a perfect time to give 'em a wipe. Or when you when you go to charge the case. Whatever works for you.

I haven't found a good method for wet tumbling yet, Woolite showed some promise but I'm not so sure it's any better than Dawn. Very hot water changes this, but I don't have enough hot water (to me, wet tumbling involves a large cement mixer and sixty pounds of steel pins in ten gallons of water). If you use one of those smaller size wet tumblers that you buy then hot water isn't a problem, have at it. Problem is cold water just makes the lanolin stick to the cases and then dirt and shit from inside the cases that gets washed out gets stuck on the outside of the case and now they're dirtier.

Ultrasonic is another that I haven't tested. I may be able to do so soon though. It'll involve hot water though so I don't know how much will be due to the US or the hot water.

I was using a 1:10 dilution. Perhaps I was over-applying it. I switched to using a 1:24 dilution of mineral oil in 99% iso and it works fantastically well without that issue. Worth looking into if you're interested. Washes right off in hot water with Dawn.

1:10 isn't far from the 1:8 I sell as a concentrate, so yeah, that'll for sure leave a film. And it can be a pain in the ass if you overdo it, especially with concentrated stuff like this. The junk Dillon sells is harder to over apply but it's also more expensive and you blow through it real fast being mostly isopropanol.

16:1 is more manageable and still very concentrated, it doesn't take much. It sprays and spreads better and if you warm it prior it does that even better. Then it doesn't take very much and the film comes off super easy with a quick wipe or dry tumble. I find it easier mostly to just wipe when I pull the case to charge it. Or during inspection if doing bulk and using the Dillon powder measure. Sometimes I dry tumble.

All lubes have pros and cons. Lanolin has enough pros that people are willing to put up with the single con of not being able to use a cold water mass tumble --it'd be nice but honestly, how many of you are using cement mixers? I mean, I have one but I only use it for prepping BMG brass prior to sizing. Some folks say they do fine with detergent and lemishine in a cold water tumble but in all honesty I haven't had ideal results in my setup.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Still $66 for two quarts or $38 for one, your choice of ratio (16:1 or 8:1) PM with questions or to order and I'll make it happen.

Been using the 16:1 mix for two months now. Heat prior to spraying, wipe off the cases immediately after sizing. This is really good stuff!

I agree! After solely using One-Shot since 2013, I recently got a bottle of Stryker's 16:1 and it's hands-down better! No more stickiness and cleans up well. I dry tumble my cases after sizing as I tend to do about 200+ at a time.

Been using the 16:1 mix for two months now. Heat prior to spraying, wipe off the cases immediately after sizing. This is really good stuff!
I agree! After solely using One-Shot since 2013, I recently got a bottle of Stryker's 16:1 and it's hands-down better! No more stickiness and cleans up well. I dry tumble my cases after sizing as I tend to do about 200+ at a time.

Thank you guys, I really do try!

I keep it simple, just pure materials properly mixed and I don't skimp on quality, I am one of you after all and this community is important to me. I do this first and foremost for the members, got tired of watered down, weak and overpriced lubes, figured if I was then so were others.

Still got it going on, got some bottled and ready to go in fact! Just PM me and I can make it happen!

Hope everyone is having a good summer so far!

Reactions: Garvey
LAST SIX BOTTLES FOR SALE.

I won't be paying the $20 per month to post sales, I don't make enough from this to make that feasible.

Same deal, $38 for one, $66 for two. I'm nothing if not fair.

All are 8:1.

I'm out of lanolin and isopropanol and unless Lowlight (site owner) changes the $20 per month fee to make it possible for me to do this for you guys without jacking up my prices, then this will be the last since I won't be reordering supplies. This never was a business, so I can't afford to pay business advertising prices. Between COVID price hikes, shipping increases and the labor and time involved in the process, and now this, it's just not worth it. And I refuse to charge $45+ per quart in order to do so, even if it is worth it.

So we got three days guys, so buy it while you can. Shipping included, priority and to your door in 2-3 days after shipping.

I've got 9 bottles, two are spoken for, I'm keeping one so that leaves six.

Remember one 8:1 bottle can be cut to two 16:1 bottles and you'll have twice as much, still VERY strong stuff (8:1 was always meant as a concentrate or for .50BMG loading anyway).

Reactions: Ravenworks
I'll take 1 bottle please.
PM on the way in 5min

Thank you

I take one if there are any left, by my count it's all gone. Let me know.