• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Last of Us

1677413797_da_14.jpg

Still liking this. Hated episode 3 (it was woke bs for it's own sake).

Last episode was the first games expansion. Wasn't part of the original game. They were true to the material. I thought it was good.

I'm finding the show okay, probably because I know the story.

It's not at all a story about how to survive an apocalypse. It's a story of loss, relationships and redemption. It's a pretty standard telling of two people who don't like each other being forced together and bonding.

Seven episodes thus far, two dedicated to gay and lesbian relationships. Sorry - loss, relationships, and redemption. When in the game/series do they introduce BTQQIA+ ? They could have just stayed in the FEDRA enclave and avoided dangerous interactions or realistic survival scenarios. They could have just taken Greyhound or Trailways. :unsure:

Last episode was the first games expansion. Wasn't part of the original game. They were true to the material. I thought it was good.

It's not at all a story about how to survive an apocalypse. It's a story of loss, relationships and redemption. It's a pretty standard telling of two people who don't like each other being forced together and bonding.
I can take all that useless bullshit, but the boss zombie ruined it for me. ;)

The "boss" zombie isn't a boss it's a "bloater". It's from the game. It's a zombie that's about 20 years into it's infection. In the game with the spore mechanic (not in the show) they are inhumanly strong and emit a cloud of spores that will kill a person and spread the infection in the air. They fight 5 or 6 of them throughout the game. Takes a fuck ton of violence to kill one.

The lgbtbbq stuff, in the game, was done very well. If you found out a character was gay, it was just a mention of it. There was no plot driven, and some of it was for comedy. Gay people exist, and if you're going to portray that, the way the game did it is the way.

Episode 3 was woke bullshit. Episode 7 was done well imo. I'm not going to get twisted about a couple of young teens having feelings. I don't think they took that too far. The point was made without them being degenerate about it.

Some of us haven't played the game, and with no explanation that was a gigantic "Boss Zombie". There ought to be a disclaimer that if you did not play the video game on which the series is based you won't have as good an experience. Glad you're enjoying it, and I'll keep watching because there is so little on that interests me.

A great production doesn't require you to read the book, which is why the new Dune movies are masterful, but so many others suck, or even devolve into storytelling to explain what's happening (that's the worst).

2.7 million views with 761 likes and 40 something shares. If you’re still watching this shit show you are in an extreme minority.

BC36DABD-A60A-4ACC-87C4-A8660F6CDE20.png

Note how they disabled comments because they know their show is shit. Typical leftist behavior. When you know you’re living a lie you can’t have dissent because your thoughts and actions can’t be defended.

Reactions: fx77
As much as I liked the games, this show is disappointing up to this point with no hope for it getting better. They could've gotten 2 seasons out of the first game but I guess filming gay episodes that don't further the journey of Eli and Joel were more important. At this point, they should've cast Eli as a boy who identifies as a girl. Only 2 episodes left...

2.7 million views with 761 likes and 40 something shares. If you’re still watching this shit show you are in an extreme minority.

View attachment 8085814

Note how they disabled comments because they know their show is shit. Typical leftist behavior. When you know you’re living a lie you can’t have dissent because your thoughts and actions can’t be defended.
yup

still watching and you're retarded in my book. stop supporting this nonsense

Reactions: fx77

Yeah I suffered through this one but I feel like the casting is good and the story has potential in the long run. These freakin side roadtrips are annoying. They could have summed this episode up in 15 mins or less for crying out loud. I mean, is anyone surprised that this girl is gay or bi? Nope.

Reminds me of 1883 devolving in to “she who shits butterflies 🦋 “ love and sex life. Everyone is decimated by a tornado and she lies in the grass with her Indian lover, opining how “beautiful” it was. They fucked that show up good.

Fingers crossed they pull out of the dive that killed 1883 but I have little hope.

I'm out; watched last episode, complete crap, enough. (give me something close to reality)

High point graham Greene and his wife, she played same character she did in Northern exposure.
What a waste of ‘Prince Oberon’
And Ellie looked way too much like a transitioning Zuckerberg .

Let’s get back to some reality based series……………………………….A Team

Rich

Just watch Episode 8. I thought Joel was badass when necessary but Ellie can get downright medieval. You go, girl!

Just watch Episode 8. I thought Joel was badass when necessary but Ellie can get downright medieval. You go, girl!
Yes, for me she builds on the badass character she played in Game of Thrones. It just works.

And Joel/ Pedro Pascal rocks. He was a badass with banter and fighting in GOT but his cockiness got him. His quiet ruthlessness fits in this story well. When a good man is pushed, beyond.…..

I always say that you need good writing and good cinematography but casting is what makes or breaks a show or movie. The casting here carries a lot of water. Shame they killed off the blonde, Anna Torv. She would have been good for another character arch.

I felt like the stark savagery in this episode takes away the sugar coating of what it would really be like in that situation. With food scarcity, canablism would be a foregone conclusion.

I was struck by the group leader’s lack of concern over the burning building. Then, I remembered that suddenly this world has more buildings than they could use or maintain…..

can't watch it after 3rd episode. So sick and tire of gay bs shoved down our throats and thrown in our faces. Just sick of it
It gets better

episode 4 was good, 5 even better. 6 and 8 were good, but not as good as 5. And 7 was just a trip down memory lane/plot development…only ok for me.

My daughter and I were waiting for the David story arc. It's one of the best parts of the game.

One episode left to bring it home. Hope they don't screw it up, or that douche from ep3 tries to make it "better".

I was kidding with her because at the start, Sarah is "off white" (she's very white and blond in the game), but no matter because Pedro Pascal isn't white so no big deal. Then Tommy's wife's skin color changed, again no big deal.

I told her I bet that David will be the whitest white man you've ever seen though, and she texted me lols when we found that to be true. She said you sure called that one

As I have said before in this thread, a lot of people are getting wrapped around the axel about the blatant surface woke-ness. It is annoying.

However the underlying subtext in this show is actually quite anti-woke.

• The government can’t and won’t safe you.
  • The government will be your worse nightmare, not your savior.
  • You WILL need your guns.
  • Stock up on ammo.
  • Bad people will run things and be monsters, unless good people are armed.
  • Cities with fall first, hard and remain fallen hell-holes
  • Preppers are geniuses after all.
  • Gun owning preppers can be anyone, even gay.
  • Only ruthless strength can prevail over weak bad men. Save your compassion.

Reactions: Cowpokey
As I have said before in this thread, a lot of people are getting wrapped around the axel about the blatant surface woke-ness. It is annoying.

However the underlying subtext in this show is actually quite anti-woke.

• The government can’t and won’t safe you.
  • The government will be your worse nightmare, not your savior.
  • You WILL need your guns.
  • Stock up on ammo.
  • Bad people will run things and be monsters, unless good people are armed.
  • Cities with fall first, hard and remain fallen hell-holes
  • Preppers are geniuses after all.
  • Gun owning preppers can be anyone, even gay.
  • Only ruthless strength can prevail over weak bad men. Save your compassion.
I mostly agree with your points.

I've been watching this series for, ahem...free.

The first episode was great. Second was also good. 3rd was mostly a waste of time, 4 was OK, 5 was better, 6 was OK, 7 was mostly a waste of time, 8 was good.

This entire series could have been better if they had taken all that wasted time in episode 3, condensed the Bill/Frank flashback, and they could have even kept the change where Bill and Frank were not estranged, yet like the game, only Frank dies and Bill and Joel could have had some conversations/interacted like the game, but with Bill encouraging Joel to find a purpose in protecting young Ellie. As it was, deleting both Frank and Bill was stupid and made the entire lengthy flashback pointless and stupid in the context of the show because neither of the 2 people they focused on so much never actually exist in the main portion of the show. Episode 7 should have been a very brief flashback of Ellie's friend, but devote a bunch of time, like the game, where Ellie realizes she must own her life and steps up her own survival.

In short episode 3 and 7 sucked, the rest of the episodes have been either good or at least decent, even with some of the modifications from the game, such as Joel taking more of a toll.

It was good. A morality dilemma…..

Joel’s non-passionate ruthlessness, is compelling. Ellie is the daughter he lost. Joel the father she never knew. Save humanity or save your daughter…..

Like I have said before, the casting of Joel & Ellie carries the water for me. Without them I would have abandoned it early on.

A quiet non-cliffhanger ending, to let the morality dilemma linger……

I did not realize she was the same actor. I loved this character in GOT.

1678966929_p72oskhja0.jpg