• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Last ski hunt of the season: Mountains, rifle & birds

I don't wax my skis and use half-skins all the time. The terrain can be so demanding that control, grip and low speed is more important than the actual skiing. My skiing is in no way elegant or fun, it's transport.

I don't wax my skis and use half-skins all the time. The terrain can be so demanding that control, grip and low speed is more important than the actual skiing. My skiing is in no way elegant or fun, it's transport.

As always; mission, terrain, and weather dictate the gear

The majority of my ski touring was more of ski mountaineering on telemark gear. Full length skins worked best there.

Reactions: Tchitcherine
Yeah, I'll get more control with telemark gear but I'm too heavy with the backpack to get the proper effect from it. Unable to get the "kick" and "lift" when turning. Also afraid to knock a knee to a rock and be immobilized. I'm not a good skier

Yeah, I'll get more control with telemark gear but I'm too heavy with the backpack to get the proper effect from it. Unable to get the "kick" and "lift" when turning. Also afraid to knock a knee to a rock and be immobilized. I'm not a good skier

Agree that your system is perfect for the terrain you're in. I was skiing in much steeper terrain (Cascade mountains of Washington State)

Randonee Skiing.....some day I will pull the trigger on a set.

I missed the season this year. I couldn't go. At work, there was a blockage, and the boss did not let go. It was unfortunate because I had been waiting for this for a whole year. This is my way to de-stress and relax. I hope to catch up next year. I even bought a new hunting rifle. At first, I was a little upset, but then I was happy with a trip to a ski resort. I found a great ski resort on https://bluehouseskis.com/ and decided to visit it with the whole family.
It was perfect, considering all the advantages of this trip. Next year, I hope that I will not miss the hunting season.

Last edited:
Reactions: THLR
Didn't get too much hunting done past season either.
Sent the rifle back to the gunsmith, trimmed the barrel profile, Cerakoted the stock (titanium) to a more discreet colour and most importantly mounted a M70 style safety (locks the firing pin, not just the trigger).

Will post a pic when I get the rifle back.

Here it is. Trimmed off some weight, installed Recknagel Secura safety, goofed the paintjob.

20210616_110504-01.jpeg
20210617_102817-01.jpeg

The rifle in its original appearance and habitat.
clymr fjell.jpg

I'm not quite there yet. Need to build some more cardio first... :ROFLMAO:

And two details I've grown fond of on the Clymr: Grip and integrated bipod mount. Really like how well it packs. My build is a tad heavy, but balance is just "right"...
20210616_223230-01.jpeg

20210616_223225-01.jpeg

20210619_153401.jpg

That's 9.2 lbs silenced on a bipod.

Last edited: