• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Latest in binos with a reticle?

ChrisAU

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
SE Alabama
Have almost grabbed the 15x56 Bushys a couple times but would rather have something in the 10x42/10x50 or 12x50 flavor. I know Athlon has a new 12x50 coming out, but not sure the minimum IPD of 59mm will work for me. Would snap up a Leupold BX-T if I could find some likely. But what other options are out there right now?

Probably not what you want to hear, but I hate a bino with a reticle. I have a 15 year old pair of Valdadas that the glass and ergos are fine but a giant reticle is there and it's damn near useless.

Id prefer a perfectly clear and focused picture over something with a reticle.

Apex optics has a 12x. The reticle is a bit thick compared with the Bushys though.

Steiner has several really nice binos with a reticle.

And they are offset slightly, so they aren't obstructively placed right in the center of the lens.

Steiner has several really nice binos with a reticle.

And they are offset slightly, so they aren't obstructively placed right in the center of the lens.
I had a pair of Steiner M1050Rs, and the FOV was tight. Nearly had to have the diopter scraping my corneas, and it was a small FOV. Decent reticle though.

Reactions: Birddog6424
Oh my Glory... Doug I'll be giving you call about these soon. I like the reticle, I like the price, and I'd rather go Athlon than Bushnell because stupid arbitrary decisions.

I'll have a better idea on new product delivery dates next week while I'm at SHOT Show. Most guys at the brands are already packing and traveling and can't think of anything other than getting ready at the moment

Reactions: ChrisAU
I'll have a better idea on new product delivery dates next week while I'm at SHOT Show. Most guys at the brands are already packing and traveling and can't think of anything other than getting ready at the moment