• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Latest: J. Fogg's "Tactical Palma" Rifle BARNARD

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    Our latest effort. The owner decided to mix it up on the firing line by having us lay up a 4x color desert camo on this bugger. Hope he never drops it between firing points down in Phoenix or Raton. He'll never find it again... :)

Here's the nitty gritty:

Barnard Model P action Chambered in 308 Winchester (95 Palma)
    Robertson H/H prone stock
    Warner Tool Company cheek hardware
    Warner Tool Company adjustable buttplate assy
    LR, Inc. trigger guard (new product specific for Barnard actions)
    Our bedding, fixings, etc.

Here's the pics:

Beddding:
    DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Trigger Guard:

1st draft, had to make a few revisions. (changed material to 7075AL instead of 6061)

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Whole piece as I'm putting it together:

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Joe, hope you like it!

Back to work!

C.

Latest: J. Fogg's "Tactical Palma" Rifle BARNARD

How do the Barnards work as a repeater: Does the third lug ride through the magazine well and is it hard to get the magazine to line up and feed correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

How do the Barnards work as a repeater: Does the third lug ride through the magazine well and is it hard to get the magazine to line up and feed correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I don't have a repeater, but on the model P, the third lug is pointing directly down when the bolt is open. Also, the lugs are the same diameter as the bolt body (or very close to it - I didn't measure), unlike a Remington.

Can't wait to get the rifle back get some sights on it and see what it will do, didn't know you were going to post it up here. This is the 3rd project Chad a crew did for me this is my first complete rebuild and I'm very happy, not only with the results but also with dealing with Chad and John as they want the rifle to be what you want, they are easy to talk to and give opinions but it's still your decision. I don't like someone telling me what they will give me like I'm not smart enough to make that call. I like the colors of the rifle and the cerakote even though it will be shot in prone matches with a sling and it isn't the norm in the end Chad gave me exactly what I wanted.
    Time to load some 308
    Thanks
    Joe

Fricken gorgeous as usual. Counting down the months until my build is ready, can't wait. Great work as usual Chad and John.

-VB