• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Laugh or Cry?

Just....had to quote this.
Zebras never change their stripes.
The old maggot is still in there.
Exactly right.

I refuse to succumb to to the stupidity of mass indoctrination rampant on both sides of the coin. Especially the side you seem to choose to constantly inhabit, which seems incapable of recognizing nor admitting to there even being an other side. Sad, because I know your an intelligent, and pretty well though out individual on many subjects. Kind of like flat earth, or geo centric foolishness. Its fortunate for those of your stripe that America tolerates diversity. :whistle:

Exactly right.

I refuse to succumb to to the stupidity of mass indoctrination rampant on both sides of the coin. Especially the side you seem to choose to constantly inhabit, which seems incapable of recognizing nor admitting to there even being an other side. Sad, because I know your an intelligent, and pretty well though out individual on many subjects. Kind of like flat earth, or geo centric foolishness. Its fortunate for those of your stripe that America tolerates diversity. :whistle:

You can't plant enough trees in a city to improve air quality any SIGNIFICANT amount.
You fancy yourself an old time democrat, a peacemaker, a intermediary, a compromiser and debater.
There are only two sides.

I see you are still adept at veiled threats.
"Good thing the other side is tolerant of folks like you", they aren't tolerant.

You try so hard.....so do baby turtles.

Planting a shitload of trees is a really good idea! Get as much oxygen into these savages brains as possible. Maybe they'll wake up and start being a productive part of society. Naw never gonna happen.

Reactions: Snipe260
You can't plant enough trees in a city to improve air quality any SIGNIFICANT amount.
You fancy yourself an old time democrat, a peacemaker, a intermediary, a compromiser and debater.
There are only two sides.

I see you are still adept at veiled threats.
"Good thing the other side is tolerant of folks like you", they aren't tolerant.

You try so hard.....so do baby turtles.
I had no idea you were so ill.:(

This is like a team of surgeons working to address a mosquito bite on the toe of a patient who is in cardiac arrest and who's head is on fire.

The amount of denial as to root causes is positively soviet.
And those root causes are?

One being the NAACP itself which has become a joke.

The rest? I'm really curious and as to solutions.

They should plant all the trees they want in their neighborhoods.

I just want to know why it's a taxpayer funded item? You want trees, plant trees. The idea that the taxpayer should fund this stupidity points to the disease.

On a side note, there is no racial disparity on the asthma front, except what is self inflicted. Look at the rates of smoking and obesity and you'll see them play out side by side. Your lifestyle choices determine your health (largely), and making the decision to wreck your body and then make other people pay for new trees is just another symptom of the illness that is urbanization.

Reactions: 101st and Maggot
The naacp just declared Florida as hazardous to black people.

If you don't address the destruction of the Black nuclear family you are treating symptoms and not addressing the underlying disease. You cannot address that unless you talk about culture, and if you discuss culture you are now a "white supremacist" pushing systemic racism. It is a circular firing squad, and by even asking the question you make yourself part of it.

giphy.gif

If you want your kids to grow up healthy and successful you have to actually parent them, and say "no", and make sacrifices for them. We are not a nidifugous species.

I just want to know why it's a taxpayer funded item? You want trees, plant trees. The idea that the taxpayer should fund this stupidity points to the disease.

On a side note, there is no racial disparity on the asthma front, except what is self inflicted. Look at the rates of smoking and obesity and you'll see them play out side by side. Your lifestyle choices determine your health (largely), and making the decision to wreck your body and then make other people pay for new trees is just another symptom of the illness that is urbanization.
I believe you went all the way.

Well said, noting that you through in "largely' which I agree with. Many, perhaps most, but not all outcomes are choice.

You're right. I am always reminded how little these people can do on their own, or for themselves. They're like children who need their hands held all the time.

You're right. I am always reminded how little these people can do on their own, or for themselves. They're like children who need their hands held all the time.
I think youre kind of missing it. By my read, this less the local folks, who no doubt could plant their own trees if convinced that would help. I know lots of black folks who are absolutely competent, though urban ghetto life seems to diminish that rapidly. This is the NAACP stirring shit.

I think youre kind of missing it. By my read, this less the local folks, who no doubt could plant their own trees if convinced that would help. I know lots of black folks who are absolutely competent, though urban ghetto life seems to diminish that rapidly. This is the NAACP stirring shit.
I don't know, I don't see it. Why don't they come up with these ideas on their own and implement them? Same way I think of if they feel they are being oppressed and that whites are evil. Why in all of these years haven't they created their own sources of television and news shows? They have many of their people who make tens of millions playing sports who could put up the money and help out. They (I realize I'm saying "they" alot) 😄 but it is what it is. These folks just don't seem to give two shits about they're community or contributing to society. I also have experience first hand. I've worked with them while in the Army. Let just say these men an woman were the least motivated people I had ever seen at that point in my youg life. Also worked side by side with them for over 30 years, while working for the State. I had and do have friends that are black. The one's that I hang out with are the ones that are motivated to help themselves earn and improve there lives. I'm just calling it like I've seen and experienceed it over many years.

There are lots of reasons why some people are more successful than others....
Just like there are lots of excuses that people use for why they aren't as successful.

Everyone has the same opportunity to jump for the gold ring.
Some people just jump higher.

From the article,

Hemminger said. "We're the smallest geographic county in the country, but depending on where you live you're going to live 10 years shorter or longer."

"We're in an urban area, so all of the buses we park in the county are right here in this neighborhood, all of our school buses, all of our county buses. There's a highway right behind this neighborhood that was intentionally designed to break up this Black community.

Doesn't the lack of land limit the number of trees that can be planted?
Maybe address the bus emissions. Bring back electric cable cars.

I love trees. I don't think that they can plant enough to make that much of a difference, atleast not in our lifetime. They would have to replace the number of trees that have been cut in the last 150-200 years to see a different in 50 years. You can be born with asthma, I know. I was and have had been defibrilted 2x. No fun if you can remember it. I remember the 2nd time. I don't think that the people (government) should be whole responsible for the expense of the trees. They could atleast oversee the local planting if not more.

If you don't address the destruction of the Black nuclear family you are treating symptoms and not addressing the underlying disease. You cannot address that unless you talk about culture, and if you discuss culture you are now a "white supremacist" pushing systemic racism. It is a circular firing squad, and by even asking the question you make yourself part of it.

giphy.gif

If you want your kids to grow up healthy and successful you have to actually parent them, and say "no", and make sacrifices for them. We are not a nidifugous species.

I've collected all the isms, ists and phobes and have retired from the game. Laugh or Cry? I choose DGAF.

I don't know, I don't see it. Why don't they come up with these ideas on their own and implement them? Same way I think of if they feel they are being oppressed and that whites are evil. Why in all of these years haven't they created their own sources of television and news shows? They have many of their people who make tens of millions playing sports who could put up the money and help out. They (I realize I'm saying "they" alot) 😄 but it is what it is. These folks just don't seem to give two shits about they're community or contributing to society. I also have experience first hand. I've worked with them while in the Army. Let just say these men an woman were the least motivated people I had ever seen at that point in my youg life. Also worked side by side with them for over 30 years, while working for the State. I had and do have friends that are black. The one's that I hang out with are the ones that are motivated to help themselves earn and improve there lives. I'm just calling it like I've seen and experienceed it over many years.
You cant see what you dont want ot see.

My experience, is that the problem exists mostly in the urban cities. The black folks I run into in counties and country are90% honest, friendly, hard working, individuals. The cities are different. Despite as said in another post here, that "Everyone has the same chance to jump for the gold ring" folks in the inner cities DONT really have the same opportunities. Poor schools = inferior education. Poor economies (that set in when white flight took all the money, jobs, and most decent business's). Yeah, positionally we all have the same opportunity,. Reality dictates that the guy who grows up in the burbs, went to a great high school, had a mommy to take him here and there, ate good foods from real grocery store rather than eating from 7/11 because the nearest grocery was s 40 minute bus ride. has a much better chance of hitting he golden ring. Its no guarantee.

An example. When I went to UVA at 40 I had graduated from a rural country high school with poor grades because it was dull as shit due to low caliber teachers. I was competing with kids fresh out of the best prep shchools whos mommy's paid for tutors in every subject. I was just as intelligent as they were, but they had 4 years of getting coached on how to write a paper. I couldt reall y compete, not because I wasnt a bright, but because I ddint hav the training.. The kids' in the inner cities have no education, no skills, and virtually no way to get them which leaves them with virtually no hope, so they sink into stupid. Add in lack of parenting, and its a recipe for failure..

I'm not excusing that, its just that I've lived around it and seen it. And Im not really blaming anyone. Mostly, with the exception of some sorry shit pulled by LBJ and crew, in the 60's, it just happened.

The cites and shit stirrers like the NAACP who spew venom with out real solutions, which I also see a lot of right here, are the problem, not the base capabilities of any race.

I love trees. I don't think that they can plant enough to make that much of a difference, atleast not in our lifetime. They would have to replace the number of trees that have been cut in the last 150-200 years to see a different in 50 years. You can be born with asthma, I know. I was and have had been defibrilted 2x. No fun if you can remember it. I remember the 2nd time. I don't think that the people (government) should be whole responsible for the expense of the trees. They could atleast oversee the local planting if not more.
Dang i'm ahead of things for once. We had an acorn blizzard at start of winter. Over a hundred here started from acorns.
Thousands of them sprouting everywhere... Gonna be a oak tree tycoon by god.

20230407_100454.jpg

You cant see what you dont want ot see.

My experience, is that the problem exists mostly in the urban cities. The black folks I run into in counties and country are90% honest, friendly, hard working, individuals. The cities are different. Despite as said in another post here, that "Everyone has the same chance to jump for the gold ring" folks in the inner cities DONT really have the same opportunities. Poor schools = inferior education. Poor economies (that set in when white flight took all the money, jobs, and most decent business's). Yeah, positionally we all have the same opportunity,. Reality dictates that the guy who grows up in the burbs, went to a great high school, had a mommy to take him here and there, ate good foods from real grocery store rather than eating from 7/11 because the nearest grocery was s 40 minute bus ride. has a much better chance of hitting he golden ring. Its no guarantee.

An example. When I went to UVA at 40 I had graduated from a rural country high school with poor grades because it was dull as shit due to low caliber teachers. I was competing with kids fresh out of the best prep shchools whos mommy's paid for tutors in every subject. I was just as intelligent as they were, but they had 4 years of getting coached on how to write a paper. I couldt reall y compete, not because I wasnt a bright, but because I ddint hav the training.. The kids' in the inner cities have no education, no skills, and virtually no way to get them which leaves them with virtually no hope, so they sink into stupid. Add in lack of parenting, and its a recipe for failure..

I'm not excusing that, its just that I've lived around it and seen it. And Im not really blaming anyone. Mostly, with the exception of some sorry shit pulled by LBJ and crew, in the 60's, it just happened.

The cites and shit stirrers like the NAACP who spew venom with out real solutions, which I also see a lot of right here, are the problem, not the base capabilities of any race.
I grew up in section-8 housing - in the city - single mom. My neighborhood buddies called me a "sap" for getting a job to earn money for the things I wanted at age 14, while they did their own thing. I stayed in contact with some of them over the years. Most of them ended up in jail. The work ethic instilled early on in me that kept me showing up for work every day, and on time has been my secret to success (such as it is). I've had a more than 40-hr a week full-time job since age 14. My willingness to work hard must have been one of those freebies everyone talks about. No matter the job, I've always been the first one there and the last one to leave, while showing up every day. Rain or shine. Yeah, I'm the boss now, but it certainly didn't start out that way. I was the "sap" in the beginning. Ask any of my old friends.

My Mom.... telling me that if I wanted something - I better bust my ass and go work for it - seems to have worked better than blaming Wypipo for not giving you that free shit.

I grew up in section-8 housing - in the city - single mom. My neighborhood buddies called me a "sap" for getting a job to earn money for the things I wanted at age 14, while they did their own thing. I stayed in contact with some of them over the years. Most of them ended up in jail. The work ethic instilled early on in me that kept me showing up for work every day, and on time has been my secret to success (such as it is). I've had a more than 40-hr a week full-time job since age 14. My willingness to work hard must have been one of those freebies everyone talks about. No matter the job, I've always been the first one there and the last one to leave, while showing up every day. Rain or shine. Yeah, I'm the boss now, but it certainly didn't start out that way. I was the "sap" in the beginning. Ask any of my old friends.

My Mom.... telling me that if I wanted something - I better bust my ass and go work for it - seems to have worked better than blaming Wypipo for not giving you that free shit.
This guy gets it!

I agree, mostly., but not all get that encouragement. You had to work to get he bike, to get the paper route or what ever. The guy who lived in the suburbs had his bike bought for him so he had a head start. You can see that at all levels. The guys who went to the elite prep schools had an advantage on me.

All Im point out is that while technically all have an equal shot, in reality not all do and for a lot of disparate reasons not all limited to race or ethnicity.

Not all or it.
What do you mean? He grew up in section 8 housing, that's a pretty under privileged environment. I'm sure lots of inner-city kids moms encourage their kids like his mom did. What I believe he's saying is he pushed past the stigma of being underprivileged and prevailed. I just wish more of the inner-city kids could do the same. Some do, thank God, but many more slip through the cracks like you say. For that I am sad.

Reactions: Maggot
I agree, mostly., but not all get that encouragement. You had to work to get he bike, to get the paper route or what ever. The guy who lived in the suburbs had his bike bought for him so he had a head start. You can see that at all levels. The guys who went to the elite prep schools had an advantage on me.

All Im point out is that while technically all have an equal shot, in reality not all do and for a lot of disparate reasons not all limited to race or ethnicity.
I'm not so sure.

Silver spoons make soft kids and soft kids grow into soft men. When my oldest was born, I promised him I'd give him all the things I never had growing up. I made good on that promise and then some.

In hindsight, I fear that's going to be my biggest failure as a parent.

I grew up in a 840ft/2 house as part of a family of five. No AC, six channels on TV (two were in spanish) and heat only sometimes. My dad and I did everything together, from home repairs to cobbling together lawnmowers, snowblowers and cars. I'm 100% certain the knowledge he passed on to me during our working sessions gave me a competitive advantage over the silver spoon crowd. A bag full of money and an ivy league education means nothing in comparison to a good dad.

Reactions: 101st
What do you mean? He grew up in section 8 housing, that's a pretty under privileged environment. I'm sure lots of inner-city kids moms encourage their kids like his mom did. What I believe he's saying is he pushed past the stigma of being underprivileged and prevailed. I just wish more of the inner-city kids could do the same. Some do, thank God, but many more slip through the cracks like you say. For that I am sad.
NO argument there.

I grew up in relative privilege, but had friends that made your section 8 look like the Ritz. No running water, go to the spring. Need to shit...100 yes to the out house. But most had families tat were there for them so they did ok That changed in the 60's. and today.

Encouragement means so much, I got just the opposite, constant barrage of "yore a monster' so I became one. THrew away all the advantages that privilege gave me and had to work 5 X as hard to just get back to level.

So Im just trying t opint out, everyone has different circumstances. You cant condemn a child because he was neglected, or abused. Doesnt mean you condone the behavior but understanding the source is a beginning to correcting it.

Reactions: 101st
I'm not so sure.

Silver spoons make soft kids and soft kids grow into soft men. When my oldest was born, I promised him I'd give him all the things I never had growing up. I made good on that promise and then some.

In hindsight, I fear that's going to be my biggest failure as a parent.

I grew up in a 840ft/2 house as part of a family of five. No AC, six channels on TV (two were in spanish) and heat only sometimes. My dad and I did everything together, from home repairs to cobbling together lawnmowers, snowblowers and cars. I'm 100% certain the knowledge he passed on to me during our working sessions gave me a competitive advantage over the silver spoon crowd. A bag full of money and an ivy league education means nothing in comparison to a good dad.
As to youre first statement, it can go both ways.

Beyond I put this in another post just below but it holds true.

========
I grew up in relative privilege, but had friends that made your section 8 look like the Ritz. No running water, go to the spring. Need to shit...100 yes to the out house. But most had families tat were there for them so they did ok That changed in the 60's. and today.

Encouragement means so much, I got just the opposite, constant barrage of "yore a monster' so I became one. THrew away all the advantages that privilege gave me and had to work 5 X as hard to just get back to level.

So Im just trying t opint out, everyone has different circumstances. You cant condemn a child because he was neglected, or abused. Doesnt mean you condone the behavior but understanding the source is a beginning to correcting it.

Its not rocket science, but condemning a race because a part of that race is fucked, is plain ot wrong.

I expect youre kids will do ok. You seem a conscientious individual who is instilling good values. "Raise up a child rightly and he will not depart" paraphrased. Not 100% but generally true.

As to youre first statement, it can go both ways.

Beyone, I put this in another post just below but it holds true.

========

Its not rocket science, but condemning a race because a part of that race is fucked, is plain ot wrong.
Agreed. In all honesty, I couldn't care less about race, religion, income, sexuality, etc.

If you produce more than you consume, give a little back to the community and raise your kids right you're A-OK in my book.

Playing the "I grew up poor and disadvantaged" card is an unacceptable excuse for one's shortcomings. Despite our problems, we still live in the greatest country in the world and the streets ARE still paved in gold if you're willing to work for it.

Agreed. In all honesty, I couldn't care less about race, religion, income, sexuality, etc.

If you produce more than you consume, give a little back to the community and raise your kids right you're A-OK in my book.

Playing the "I grew up poor and disadvantaged" card is an unacceptable excuse for one's shortcomings. Despite our problems, we still live in the greatest country in the world and the streets ARE still paved in gold if you're willing to work for it.
If you use it as a "Card to play" I agree. If you recognize that lack of education, economic opportunity, and pehaphs most of all, a stable family environment, as reasons, for problems, it takes on a different perspective.

What troubles me is that I see so many blame race' alone. the 13%? At least say what you mean, have the balls to call them niggers. A word I no longeror rarely use.

The breathing problems are due to pollution. So, more trees would scrub the air. But I had a funny thought. I had asthma as a child and young adult. In fact, it was the reason I was medically disqualifiable from entering military service. I have to had medicine and allergy shots. One of my allergies was cottonwood tree. So, I could imagine the well-meaning people will plant a bunch of cottonwood, inadvertantly creating more of a problem.

Before anyone pipes up and says a black person cannot do well, I will call that bullshit to your face. In person, if we can arrange it. Why?

A number of the medical staff at my wife's skilled nursing facility are from the continent of Africa. They started out with nothing and got an edjumacation. And scraped the money to get here. Same with the american blacks who work here. No one holds them back from anything. You study and choose the good life over the bad life. Culture.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 338dude and Maggot
The breathing problems are due to pollution. So, more trees would scrub the air. But I had a funny thought. I had asthma as a child and young adult. In fact, it was the reason I was medically disqualifiable from entering military service. I have to had medicine and allergy shots. One of my allergies was cottonwood tree. So, I could imagine the well-meaning people will plant a bunch of cottonwood, inadvertantly creating more of a problem.

Before anyone pipes up and says a black person cannot do well, I will call that bullshit to your face. In person, if we can arrange it. Why?

A number of the medical staff at my wife's long skilled nursing facility are from the continent of Africa. They started out with nothing and got an edjumacation. And scraped the money to get here. Same with the american blacks who work here. No one holds them back from anything. You study and choose the good life over the bad life. Culture.
let me know when y'all are meeting up. I'd like to get in on that.

Reactions: Ronws
guess who is in control of those urban areas without trees and who has been getting kickbacks for decades from greedy developers?
this is like when they blame the police in a city with democrat chief of police, democrat mayor, democrat city council in a state with a democrat gov.

Reactions: 338dude and Maggot
guess who is in control of those urban areas without trees and who has been getting kickbacks for decades from greedy developers?
this is like when they blame the police in a city with democrat chief of police, democrat mayor, democrat city council in a state with a democrat gov.
After they've defunded them. 🙃

Reactions: theLBC
Earlier this week, the NAACP Arlington Branch, through a strategic grant and partnership with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, presented a $60,000 donation to EcoAction Arlington to help plant more trees in 10 historically Black neighborhoods across the county.

Maybe the "partnership" extends beyond the donation? According to South Park the Mormons are getting into heaven.

I think you got it, though I'd bet many are believers who have erroneous understanding of the way o life.
This is my standard response to many of life's whys, because all other issues are symptoms of this root cause. So few will acknowledge the fact that Godlessness is the root of all evil, yesterday, today and tomorrow. Until we begin to fix the root, the symptoms will persist and get worse. So few will acknowledge this as fact. Problems will exist, but they are so much more manageable when we are Christ centered. And yes, I struggle with it, too.

• Love
Reactions: 338dude and JR_77
This is my standard response to many of life's whys, because all other issues are symptoms of this root cause. So few will acknowledge the fact that Godlessness is the root of all evil, yesterday, today and tomorrow. Until we begin to fix the root, the symptoms will persist and get worse. So few will acknowledge this as fact. Problems will exist, but they are so much more manageable when we are Christ centered. And yes, I struggle with it, too.
A few of us have been saying that for quite a while. Unfortunately, many seem to have hearing problems. Personally, having a pretty good picture of whats to come I hold no hope and place no trust in the world this side of whatever you want to call it.

Reactions: BLEE