• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LAW AR folding hardware

softcock

novice judgmental prick
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2006
    Oregon
    Has anyone had a LAW fold unit that locks up tight when closed ?
    I have a Gen.3 and it is loose on the lock-close position . It is quality materials built and It works but I expected more tight for a solid closed position with the stock locked out .

Mine is pretty tight. Have you tried adjusting yours?

2bbspx.jpg

I think he is talking about the closed position, not the folded position. As far as I'm tracking, there is no way to adjust how loose or tight it is. Here is a picture of mine, which is actually pretty tight as far as I'm concerned. Largest feeler gauge I could fit was .014.
    ​​​​​​

I think he is talking about the closed position, not the folded position. As far as I'm tracking, there is no way to adjust how loose or tight it is. Here is a picture of mine, which is actually pretty tight as far as I'm concerned. Largest feeler gauge I could fit was .014.
    Yes , talking about the 'closed' position when the hing unit is in closed position & stock is un-folded and locked .
    that is what mine is running on gap . I can get from between .011 and a .014 feeler gauge depending on the spot picked . I got both those hex insert screws tight also on the hinge . It does not sound like a lot ( .011 & .014 ) but stock is little shaky out there on the butt end .

It works and I guess when you pull the rifle up against the shoulder and start firing it's all good . just bugs me a little

My mechanism is tight, the stock is a little loose on the tube but that isn't LAW's issue. After a few hundred rounds, near the 1000 rd mark I believe I did get looseness at the nut that screws into the buffer tube threads on the lower. Just enough to feel but it bugged the shit out of me. I messed with it a bit and when I saw that a new nut was $10, I ordered one and replaced mine. It has been good for about 600 rds now. But I have never felt play in the hinge or the lock-up.

All three of mine (Gen 1, 2 and 3) are tight. I have ordered parts from Law Tac before, and they are responsive and stand behind their product. You might want to give them a call.