• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Law folder with a5 spring/buffer?

jeffl838

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Has anyone gotten it to work? It’d be neat. I haven’t had hands on with the law folder, but read that it increases the length of your receiver extension - I know there is that plug that goes into your bolt carrier, but if you shaved that down. Do any of y’all think you could fit an a5 buffer and rifle spring in there?

I really don't think you understand how it works,there are no springs or buffers to change.
Install it and go.

I really don't think you understand how it works,there are no springs or buffers to change.
Install it and go.
I understand that there is no need to change the spring or buffer, however there is an advantage to change out to a A5 buffer and rifle spring and the point of my post was to see if anyone figured out some way to modify the system to allow that.

I understand that there is no need to change the spring or buffer, however there is an advantage to change out to a A5 buffer and rifle spring and the point of my post was to see if anyone figured out some way to modify the system to allow that.
What for?
These rifles work as a system,you want a rifle buffer system then buy it,want a carbine system by it.
What you DON'T DO is take part of the system that cost almost $300 and start chopping on it.
I think you should get a better understanding as to how the systems work.and why.

What for?
These rifles work as a system,you want a rifle buffer system then buy it,want a carbine system by it.
What you DON'T DO is take part of the system that cost almost $300 and start chopping on it.
I think you should get a better understanding as to how the systems work.and why.
Sure. Thanks for opining. I wish I could have had your sage advice for that one time I helped fabricate a mini gun mount for a stryker. Sure does suck when you don't understand how systems work and why. EDIT: Really could have used the tip for when I used a storm on an m2, data from AB, and a UAV to observe for 21st century machine gun defilade fire. Storms don't belong on M2's!!!

Moving forward, has anyone gotten a rifle spring and a5 buffer into a carbine receiver extension with a law adaptor?

Sure. Thanks for opining. I wish I could have had your sage advice for that one time I helped fabricate a mini gun mount for a stryker. Sure does suck when you don't understand how systems work and why. EDIT: Really could have used the tip for when I used a storm on an m2, data from AB, and a UAV to observe for 21st century machine gun defilade fire. Storms don't belong on M2's!!!

Moving forward, has anyone gotten a rifle spring and a5 buffer into a carbine receiver extension with a law adaptor?
The reply you typed is self explanatory of your lack of knowledge towards the rifle/carbine systems.
There is no valid reason to do what you are wanting to do.
If you can understand BASIC math then I feel you have this modification in the bag.

The reply you typed is self explanatory of your lack of knowledge towards the rifle/carbine systems.
There is no valid reason to do what you are wanting to do.
If you can understand BASIC math then I feel you have this modification in the bag.
You're the one sounding like an invalid, have fun with those cocks in your mouth.

Hey,you do realize this ain't the Bear Pit

I'm trying to help you,everything you need to answer your question is typed out above

Screenshot_20200404-012526_Firefox.jpg

My Law Folder works with a JP silent capture spring so I'm sure you'll be able to make it work.

Hey,you do realize this ain't the Bear Pit

I'm trying to help you,everything you need to answer your question is typed out above
You're borderline trolling the thread because you clearly don't understand what an A5 buffer/RE is.

My Law Folder works with a JP silent capture spring so I'm sure you'll be able to make it work.
Nice! I've actually been wanting to try one so maybe it's an excuse to get both the folder and the JP spring...

What is the difference between an A5 and any other buffer?
An A5 Buffer is in between the carbine and rifle buffers in terms of size (and because of that also by weight, generally). An A5 receiver extension was made to accommodate a rifle length spring along with an A5 buffer. It is a notched system like the carbine system and allows the use of standard collapsible stocks. An A5 receiver extension collapses down to, in terms of length, the one-notch-out position of a six position carbine system. It also extends out to be about one notch's worth of length longer than an a2 buttstock. You get the soft shootability of a rifle system, along with the collapsibility of a carbine system, and for larger shooters, it gets longer. It pairs very well with the LMT DMR stock for a precision rig. It also pairs well with suppressed SBR uppers. All just in my experience, mileage may vary.

The Law Folder mimics the back end of a receiver. Any standard mounted tube and end plate will work. The extension for the BCG is just that. The length of tube, spring, buffer is really irrelevant.

In that regard Raven was right. Install it on any AR style rifle and go.

Mine is on a AR10 6.5CM with a carbine tube.

Although I had to get a special BCG extension with a hole in it to work with the JPscs.

GarandThumb runs the A5 buffer system with his Law Tactical folder without issue. He has a YouTube channel. I'm sure you can search his channel and find the information you're looking for. Having said that I have a Law Tactical folder on my BCM 11.5 SBR. I also use it on my 8.5 inch 300 BLK upper. I shoot both suppressed without issue. It flat out shoots so I haven't messed with springs or buffers. YMMV.

A Vltor A5 lower receiver extension works just like a carbine lower receiver extension with the LAW folder. These are photos of a 10.3" .300 BLK pistol:

IMG_8550.jpeg
IMG_8544.jpeg
IMG_8545.jpeg
IMG_8551.jpeg

GarandThumb runs the A5 buffer system with his Law Tactical folder without issue. He has a YouTube channel. I'm sure you can search his channel and find the information you're looking for. Having said that I have a Law Tactical folder on my BCM 11.5 SBR. I also use it on my 8.5 inch 300 BLK upper. I shoot both suppressed without issue. It flat out shoots so I haven't messed with springs or buffers. YMMV.
I was wondering if the pistol gas of a 300 would benefit from the a5 system and the extra weight of the spacer. Glad to hear...I like to keep commonality between lowers and other calibers.

Last edited:
Ladies and gents no need to argue. If you need custom parts made to make it happen. I am here. Here is what I did in the past,

Its a LAW insert for .308REPR . Had to completely redesign the insert and get different size quadrings to make it happen.
insert in BC.png

Last edited:
The OP is clueless. MSTN has posted the photo of the situation. There is no need for innovation / experimentation as the buffer / springs are simply changed by depressing the buffer detent; there is no fitment / dimensional changes to the receiver extension with the Law Folder. The bolt plug adapters are specific to bolt aperture diameters. I did have Wilson Combat turn down the diameter of the adapter to use in their 9 mm SBR, as the rear of the bolt had non-standard recess. A few of my SBR-folder setups.
IMG_5912 copy.JPG

The OP is clueless. MSTN has posted the photo of the situation. There is no need for innovation / experimentation as the buffer / springs are simply changed by depressing the buffer detent; there is no fitment / dimensional changes to the receiver extension with the Law Folder. The bolt plug adapters are specific to bolt aperture diameters. I did have Wilson Combat turn down the diameter of the adapter to use in their 9 mm SBR, as the rear of the bolt had non-standard recess. A few of my SBR-folder setups.View attachment 7292565
I would care about the judgement of cluelessness if it wasn't coming from the clown who keeps magazines on buttstocks. Thank you for your input sTrYkE eAgLe 1. You've inspired me to change my user name to sniper dragon 7

I have two BCM 5.56 pistols and shoot them suppressed with law folders and the A5 system. I have had zero issues out of 1000s of rounds thru them. I run the VLtor A5H3 buffer simply because I couldn’t find the A5H2 in stock anywhere. I am running the bootleg BCGs for gas mitigation as well. I went with Dark Angel buffer tubes which are about 3/4” longer than the stock tube. I was somewhat skeptical abt the ”felt recoil” reduction but I can honestly say that this system shoots extremely soft and smooth.

Just for my understanding OP, are you trying to cram the A5 buffer and rifle spring of the VLTOR into a normal carbine length buffer tube with a Law folder so you don't have a significantly longer minimum length of pull on the setup? Laudible goal, but if this was doable you would tend to think the guys at VLTOR would have done so and sold a hell of a lot more of their system than they have. Good luck!

Just for my understanding OP, are you trying to cram the A5 buffer and rifle spring of the VLTOR into a normal carbine length buffer tube with a Law folder so you don't have a significantly longer minimum length of pull on the setup? Laudible goal, but if this was doable you would tend to think the guys at VLTOR would have done so and sold a hell of a lot more of their system than they have. Good luck!
Yessir. I don't own a LAW folder so I need to take a look at one and see where it can be modified (if at all). An A5 doesn't need much more room over a carbine.