• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LAW TACTICAL ARIC REPORT!!!

JIMB3AM

Walking through hell.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 10, 2014
    South Carolina
    Okay so don’t waste your hard earned loot on the Law Tactical ARIC bolt carrier group. It’s a great idea but it does not work efficiently or reliably if your life depends on it. Great gimmick!!! After a ton of time and effort, 30rd mags of many styles, SS, aluminum, PMAGS, and Lancer, it absolutely will not work with any of them from a start with more than 26 rounds…. Stove pipes, FTE, FTF, start chambered or charging it just won’t work due to mag spring pressures being too tight with full magazines. The Magpul PMAGS are worse and they seem to have more spring pressure or wall friction. I’m done! It’s a great idea but what I was looking for was what the SIG MCX can do which is the ability to fire while folded or stock less. In an instance where needed to get out of a vehicle’s door window or windshield or a very tight space from a room. Why they released this without obviously completing heavy trial and error or extensive R&D blows my mind!!! Especially considering the price of this awesome idea….and I’d love to hear from anyone else that’s jumped into this?!?!
    For me it’s a hard NO….
    C03FA6FF-986A-4752-B32F-482DBCE7CC7B.jpeg
    9265AC45-09B4-4FF8-BDC8-9D5DD4A309B5.jpeg
    C320611D-F722-4CB0-AC1E-0D333EE305C3.jpeg
    8135A956-EA4A-4B33-AFEF-F861BD33E877.jpeg

Last edited:
    Dead foot Arms MCS folder… problem solved unless you’re specifically trying to use an MCX style picatinny stock

I purchased the MCX Spear after watching MAC's video. Like you said, great idea but poor execution. The moment that small part went flying across the room upon disassembly, the ARIC made it into the "nope" pile. With the MCX, you get the benefits of a piston setup along with an overall width that's less when folded at an eye bleed-inducing price point.

Reactions: JIMB3AM
    I'm sorry you had a poor experience with ARIC, please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] if you want to either return it, or get a different version.

I would like to note that we do mention that anti-rotation pins are not compatible with ARIC, as well that the Screw in Strike Industries 1913 rail isn't 100% with it either.
    We have seen that the Strike plug tends to slightly interfere with the proper fitment of the Tail Cup - and so the cup will cant resulting in the springs being impeded in their travel, and robbing energy.

As for the MAC video - well if you replace parts with non compatible parts, what does one expect? If you have watched the video it is clear that the installation instructions were not followed, but he had changed the bolt.

Properly installed the ARIC system will have no issues feeding a fully loaded Magpul D60 magazine, and functioning

V/R

Kevin Boland
    Director of R&D
    [email protected]
    www.lawtactical.com

I'm sorry you had a poor experience with ARIC, please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] if you want to either return it, or get a different version.

I would like to note that we do mention that anti-rotation pins are not compatible with ARIC, as well that the Screw in Strike Industries 1913 rail isn't 100% with it either.
    We have seen that the Strike plug tends to slightly interfere with the proper fitment of the Tail Cup - and so the cup will cant resulting in the springs being impeded in their travel, and robbing energy.

As for the MAC video - well if you replace parts with non compatible parts, what does one expect? If you have watched the video it is clear that the installation instructions were not followed, but he had changed the bolt.

Properly installed the ARIC system will have no issues feeding a fully loaded Magpul D60 magazine, and functioning

V/R

Kevin Boland
    Director of R&D
    [email protected]
    www.lawtactical.com

Neat...

Might be worth checking out, I'm a fan of the standard folding hinge.

Reactions: Kevin-LawTactical
    …..like an mcx? they are fantastic IMO
    I am not going to bash the MCX here, and when you are able to make a dedicate system from scratch there is a lot you can accomplish.

Our goal was simply to allow users with the folder on a AR-15 style firearm to be able to accomplish the fire folded desire.
    Because we don't control the host firearm, the ammunition, and suppressor (if applicable) we had to make a few different versions (and tried 26 different venting combinations during design).

The installation for most is quite easy - however we have seen some that are literally hair tearing out - due to various tolerance stack issues that took a long time to diagnose. We do however give a 100% satisfaction guarantee - so if you aren't happy with it, we will take it back and refund your money.

We did come out with a pistol plate -

As well we have a 1913 adapter in the works - we had a demo version at SHOT - but it failed drop testing, so we had to redo the design, and it will be available when we finish testing (internal and external). We have a no tools required requirement for breakdown and maintenance so it isn't a easy as we had hoped. For those who want the 1913 and don't want to wait - BG Defense makes one.
    https://bgdefense.com/product/ground-combat-solutions-modular-qds-mount-w-picatinny-rail/. I have two they do work, but do require the stock to be removed and some tools for disassembly for cleaning and maintenance.

V/R
    Kevin

I am not going to bash the MCX here, and when you are able to make a dedicate system from scratch there is a lot you can accomplish.

Our goal was simply to allow users with the folder on a AR-15 style firearm to be able to accomplish the fire folded desire.
    Because we don't control the host firearm, the ammunition, and suppressor (if applicable) we had to make a few different versions (and tried 26 different venting combinations during design).

The installation for most is quite easy - however we have seen some that are literally hair tearing out - due to various tolerance stack issues that took a long time to diagnose. We do however give a 100% satisfaction guarantee - so if you aren't happy with it, we will take it back and refund your money.

We did come out with a pistol plate -

As well we have a 1913 adapter in the works - we had a demo version at SHOT - but it failed drop testing, so we had to redo the design, and it will be available when we finish testing (internal and external). We have a no tools required requirement for breakdown and maintenance so it isn't a easy as we had hoped. For those who want the 1913 and don't want to wait - BG Defense makes one.
    https://bgdefense.com/product/ground-combat-solutions-modular-qds-mount-w-picatinny-rail/. I have two they do work, but do require the stock to be removed and some tools for disassembly for cleaning and maintenance.

V/R
    Kevin
    Props to you for jumping into the fray here sir, it’s much appreciated.

@Kevin-LawTactical thank you for jumping into the hide and offering me the opportunity to return said item but I’m going to have to decline as I’ve found that said item is fully operational in a different rig and I’m super happy with it. I was trying to make a difficult yet what seemed to be a neat idea work and failed constantly. Said I quit and threw it into my FN and BAM!!!!! My least expensive rifle works mostly flawlessly with the ARIC. Still run into some PMAG’s not cooperating when full during mag swaps. It runs well dry or wet. Exceptionally well with the Omega 36…
    IMG_8425.jpeg