• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lawrence of Afghanistan

I read that a few days back. Made me think of Walter Kurtz from Apocalypse Now.

Sounds like he would have been well on his way to some super squirrel CIA outfit if hed have stayed away from the booze, drugs, and woman. I know Operation Jawbreaker(when CIA/Delta first went in right after 9/11) was largely successful due in part to the alliances that certain CIA operators had built up during the Soviet War, and thats just what we know about. I really dont see the difference between what he did and what a lot of those high level CIA outfits do...

Aside from the booze, drugs, and woman of course.

I am welling to bet it has more to do with who's in office at the White House at the moment.. In another certain administration he would have been a "Super Hindu Kushy Warrior!!" PODUS makes me sick!! About the pills, I rather have my Commander popping opioids than shooting heroin! That's all their is to do when you get that deep.. Everyone has their poison to help them keep soldiering on..
Sounds like he would have been well on his way to some super squirrel CIA outfit if hed have stayed away from the booze, drugs, and woman. I know Operation Jawbreaker(when CIA/Delta first went in right after 9/11) was largely successful due in part to the alliances that certain CIA operators had built up during the Soviet War, and thats just what we know about. I really dont see the difference between what he did and what a lot of those high level CIA outfits do...

Aside from the booze, drugs, and woman of course.

From what I have read his former commander allowed him to work that way. When he got a new commander the word went out that he had to get a hair cut, shave and put on a uniform. This did not sit well with him. I guess he though things were working better the way they were.

As for the booze, drugs and women, I guess that was not a good think.

It says he was over there for 2 years. Does SF do longer deployments or will they allow you to stay when everyone else is rotating out? Otherwise I dont see how he was allowed to stay that long? I thought most deployments were around 9 months...