• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LAWTON ACTIONS

jhart

Private
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2009
I have a question about Lawton Machine..
I bought a Lawton 7000 action about 7 or 8 weeks ago that was in STOCK. I've called several times to see if it has been sent, i always get the answer (it should ship on monday,,, 4 times now)and the smith still has not received it yet..
My question is has this ever happened to anyone else, and what should i do about it..
Thanks
Jim Hart.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Guys, i would like to make an apology to Bobby lawton and Lawton machine

I know i jumped the gun a little quick, posting this was a mistake on my part.

I also would like to say the action is perfect (no rust,no nothing) all is great..

Ill post some pictures of it when its all done.. should be badass !!

Jim Hart

Re: LAWTON ACTIONS

Done that... should ship monday..LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim hart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Done that... should ship monday..LOL </div></div>

Just my opinion....but I'd cancel the order and get a different action.....

NAG seems like a good guy, but the "should ship Monday" story seems to have been a constant through the years with Lawton Machine.

My very first custom rifle got a Lawton tube, it was "sitting here on the shelf, should ship this week"....and you can guess that it didn't.

I'd keep calling, daily if needed, bug the shit out of them until it's received.

Why not call on Mondays.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NAG seems like a good guy, but the "should ship Monday" story seems to have been a constant through the years with Lawton Machine.

<span style="font-weight: bold">My very first custom rifle got a Lawton tube</span>, it was "sitting here on the shelf, should ship this week"....and you can guess that it didn't.

I'd keep calling, daily if needed, bug the shit out of them until it's received. </div></div>

It wasn't in .257 Wby, was it?
wink.gif

In the last 8 weeks I watched my gunsmith order one of thier actions,receive it, build out a rifle and develop loads for it. They delivered it to the customer about two or three weeks ago.
I played w/ it a little and it was a nice action.
Hope you already ordered your barrel....

Surprised , there a great company but never ran into the "shipping" issue. the product is top rate and works great had 4 at one time liked them all and had no other issues.
Bill

lucky you, how long ago was that ? I hear the owner passed and now The place is falling apart.(But thats all hearsay),,all i know is i want my DAM action or money back..

Jim,

While we appreciate your frustration, and even your dismay, you might want to reign in just a little bit.

For starters, calling a member here names, whom may actually be the one to help you on this is not the way progress is generally made.

NOTAGURU does work there. So do others. Maybe, just maybe, he'll be the one to straighten things out for you.

I'm just saying....

Flame on, it is inevitable. By the way, sorry to hear about your predicament. I am happy with my action, and hopefully you will be too.

Happy New Year.

your right !! i deleted the name calling..
I'm just pissed off..

Friendly advice. Completely go over the bolt and action and make sure there is no rust anywhere. Best of luck

Great RUST now whats next.
I've got some emails and PMs that are starting to make me worry of the quality and if ill ever even receive it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
NOTAGURU does work there. So do others. Maybe, just maybe, he'll be the one to straighten things out for you.
</div></div>

I wouldn't want to bet my life on that.

i have 2 lawton 8000 actions single shot with the chey tac bolts
compete and ready to go if some one wants them.
no waiting and free shipping.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bruiz86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Friendly advice. Completely go over the bolt and action and make sure there is no rust anywhere. Best of luck </div></div>

you seem to keep stepping in with the one liners about how bad they are but you havent given any reasons as to why your so hard on them.

I have 4 Rifles from Bobby and they are all excellent shooters. Actually the one I keep getting bugged about, people want pics, want me to sell it and so on is a LAWTON in 338.

Unless you have a story with proof then stop typing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bruiz86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Friendly advice. Completely go over the bolt and action and make sure there is no rust anywhere. Best of luck </div></div>

you seem to keep stepping in with the one liners about how bad they are but you havent given any reasons as to why your so hard on them.

I have 4 Rifles from Bobby and they are all excellent shooters. Actually the one I keep getting bugged about, people want pics, want me to sell it and so on is a LAWTON in 338.

Unless you have a story with proof then stop typing. </div></div>

That's the rifle they shipped to the painter in pieces instead of assembled, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bruiz86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Friendly advice. Completely go over the bolt and action and make sure there is no rust anywhere. Best of luck </div></div>

That's the rifle they shipped to the painter in pieces instead of assembled, right?

</div></div>

negative. how would you know? were you the painter?
Mind your business. thanks

2 more weeks. 2 more weeks. 2 more weeks.

That damn secretary! Must be with the lapper. It's getting contoured now.

I'm sure I could come up with more one liners hat I heard. But those were the majority of them through my MONTHS of bullshit I went through.

ha ha do have a story but kept it between me and mr. Hart via a PM. You need to relax a bit.

Also, kyshooter, you made it public knoledge that Lawton sent out a gun in pieces. It is 100% true and you are full of it if you deny it now. On that note. Bobby told me about the screw up and having to send a wrench to assemble it.

Now your saying none of this happened?

All i wanted to know is if this kind of crap was the norn from Lawton. There is no need for us to start barking back and forth at each other. WERE NOT THE PROBLEM !!!
Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bruiz86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Friendly advice. Completely go over the bolt and action and make sure there is no rust anywhere. Best of luck </div></div>

</div></div>

negative. <span style="color: #FF0000">how would you know?</span> were you the painter?
Mind your business. thanks </div></div>

You discussed it with me.

ETA: I assumed since you discussed this with a half dozen people in public in the shout box here on Snipershide that it was public domain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, kyshooter, you made it public knoledge that Lawton sent out a gun in pieces. It is 100% true and you are full of it if you deny it now. On that note. Bobby told me about the screw up and having to send a wrench to assemble it.

Now your saying none of this happened? </div></div>

Never disputed he didnt send it unassembled. It was a major snag but he sent the wrench along and ARP got it put together. Now if he HAD sent it not assembled then gave me flak about sending the wrench you would have heard me bitch about it. But he took care of it and it added a few more days. Im not defending them, but I am going to throw my mostly positive dealings with him. I have only dealt with Bobby. He hasnt went over a deadline that he gave me yet.

You all are pretty quick to jump on the band wagon when someone goes another way on the majority opinion. He made ONE mistake with me on 5 builds. thats pretty good track record in my book. Ive had a smith build me multiple builds and had to send a majority of them back a few times, I gave him chance after chance to make it right. Do I still deal with him? NO.

I find it beneficial to hear other stories of a builder you are currently giving money to for work performed. I gave mine. end of story.

Jim, I did ship that action before christmas. I'm sorry that it wasnt earlier but i will run the tracking on it monday and find out where its at. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Guys its just metal and parts..There will be issues and where there is metal and shipping there will be rust on uncoated surfaces....There is not a gun builder worthy of a build out there that is not months in back log. And guys we all want our shit NOW...I have many builds from lawton and they all shoot very well and worthy of the wait. WHy do we have to bad mouth a builder lets just talk to them and tell them what we think...You bug them enough they will get your stuff out of there way... Lets not turn this in to bashing forum.

I thank you much for the reply NOTAGURU, if it was the other way around im sure you would feel the same way that im feeling..
I just hope all is good when it does make it home..
Ill keep everyone posted on the overall outcome on this..
Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are funny, NotAGuru does indeed "work" there, care to guess what his last name is?

He will make sure you are taken care of. </div></div>

Pretty sure I knew he worked there. I would take up WAY too much bandwidth telling the tales of my dealings. Doesn't mean I won't tell the truth about my experience when asked.

Just because his last name is Lawton doesn't mean shit when it comes to decisions made. I will hand it to Bobby, he means well, but people in that shop need to get a clue. They are only hurting themselves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This Jim Hart of Hart Barrels? </div></div>

Nope sorry not me..

Good things come to those who wait.Lawton actions are very good and I will buy from Bobby again and again.Good Luck on your build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GLOWWORM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys its just metal and parts..There will be issues and where there is metal and shipping there will be rust on uncoated surfaces....There is not a gun builder worthy of a build out there that is not months in back log. And guys we all want our shit NOW...I have many builds from lawton and they all shoot very well and worthy of the wait. WHy do we have to bad mouth a builder lets just talk to them and tell them what we think...You bug them enough they will get your stuff out of there way... Lets not turn this in to bashing forum. </div></div>

Well put.
smile.gif

I'm new here but I just wanted to add Lawton is just this side of BFE MT, shipping sucks, internet speed sucks, getting anything into this town sucks and is slow and expensive. This has no bearing on quality, I know.

No action today,,its been 12 days after i was told it was sent this last time..Man they must be WAY out in BFE MT..

Jim...... I know exactly what ya mean.

Tracking?
insurance?
Did they send it to you or your FFL?
Adult signature?

Just asking.

Oh did you think today Monday? Nonononononoooooooo, NEXT Monday.

1zzq3o0.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are funny, NotAGuru does indeed "work" there, care to guess what his last name is?
</div></div>

His last name is Lawton, but last I heard he didn't own the place if that's what you're eluding to. He does "work" there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are funny, NotAGuru does indeed "work" there, care to guess what his last name is?
</div></div>

His last name is Lawton, but last I heard he didn't own the place if that's what you're eluding to. He does "work" there. </div></div>

NAG is just the "Lapper" there. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are funny, NotAGuru does indeed "work" there, care to guess what his last name is?
</div></div>

His last name is Lawton, but last I heard he didn't own the place if that's what you're eluding to. He does "work" there. </div></div>

NAG is just the "Lapper" there. lol </div></div>

So who should he be asking for when he calls for info?

I have a Lawton 7000 and Lawton barrel build in 300 WSM. When there was a question about the bolt, a new one was sent to Thunder Valley Precision immediately. I couldn't ask for a better more exciting rifle. I manage an avionics shop of a large aviation company and I'll share this with you. No matter how much you emphasize customer service, shit happens. Don't think for a minute those people don't care about your purchase or their reputation. Anyone that takes the slightest bit of pride in their work cares. The folks at Lawton care. I hope you get your action soon and it shoots like a trailer park fire.