• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LAWTON ACTIONS

Re: LAWTON ACTIONS

every custom gun maker will tell you. "looking at 2 more weeks on your build" call me in 3 weeks and Ill let you know your final bill.

when did you order ?
I know shipping anything around Xmas sucks all over this country

That's to bad that you are haveing these problems. I use Lawton actions all the time and have never had a bad one, sometimes we all have problems. I can tell you that they have been fighting with some pretty bad things. They have been trying to get some things set back up in thier shop and ended up with the wrong stuff, and lots of other thing that we all jump to speculate on. I tell you these things because they are good people and very good friends that would never screw with someone on purpose, this I promise. Sorry for the bad luck but instead of bitching why don't you call and ask if there is something you could do to help them with thier problems.
GOD BLESS,
Mac's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macssubmoa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's to bad that you are haveing these problems. I use Lawton actions all the time and have never had a bad one, sometimes we all have problems. I can tell you that they have been fighting with some pretty bad things. They have been trying to get some things set back up in thier shop and ended up with the wrong stuff, and lots of other thing that we all jump to speculate on. I tell you these things because they are good people and very good friends that would never screw with someone on purpose, this I promise. Sorry for the bad luck but instead of bitching why don't you call and ask if there is something you could do to help them with thier problems.
GOD BLESS,
Mac's </div></div>

What the hell could the OP do to help them get his action to him?!?! Please elaborate...

Maybe instead of crying to the world he could call and ask them, instead of getting mad. As far as anything else he would have to ask them. I know they could have used some help with running electricity, pouring cement, building moving things, getting the right equipment, stopping the subzero weather when trying to pour cement, other than that you could ask them I'm sure they would be happy to get a helping hand.
GOD BLESS,
Mac's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macssubmoa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe instead of crying to the world he could call and ask them, instead of getting mad. As far as anything else he would have to ask them. I know they could have used some help with running electricity, pouring cement, building moving things, getting the right equipment, stopping the subzero weather when trying to pour cement, other than that you could ask them I'm sure they would be happy to get a helping hand.
GOD BLESS,
Mac's </div></div>

Your kidding right? Are you suggesting that the OP should donate his time or money to help them unfuck themselves?

I'm so sorry that I made a suggestion for any one to ask if someone could use help. As for them unscrewing themselves, maybe you are the one that may need the help, is there anything that anyone could do to possibly help you and your problems.
GOD BLESS,
Mac's

WOW!
eek.gif

Holy crap that was almost cool! I hope that you find all the happiness in the the gun you build with the action built by the people you dog cuss so harshly. I think that you find it to be all you hoped for!
GOD BLESS,
Mac's

Bealand, Please do not tell him more than once your done with his rifle. Also, please do not use it will be shipped out on Monday.LOL

Not saying anything bad about lawton. I have had nothing but good dealings myself with them, but if i tell Jim that i am done and i have shipped the rifle, that is what it will be. Jim's a good guy. He was just worried about his action. I'm sure the guys at lawton just got a little behind or maybe some mis-communications. Shit happens sometimes. We all make mistakes.

bealand, I do agree with you. We all make mistakes every now and then just glad everything worked out.

Thanks for the update Jon.

I feel much better now, ill send you an email tonight about a question i have with a barrel.

Nothing like the Internet when it comes to an e-dogpile on a company that gets a little behind, or makes a mistake....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macssubmoa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm so sorry that I made a suggestion for any one to ask if someone could use help. As for them unscrewing themselves, maybe you are the one that may need the help, is there anything that anyone could do to possibly help you and your problems.
GOD BLESS,
Mac's </div></div>

you sir, are ridiculous. I love Lawton products. But if you are actually implying that we the customer should run to the aid of a manufacturer to get our parts out faster, then you are a very sideways person.

And on further note, your post I have quoted makes little to no sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing like the Internet when it comes to an e-dogpile on a company that gets a little behind, or makes a mistake.... </div></div>

Are you saying the complaints in this thread are invalid because more than one person spoke up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim hart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a question about Lawton Machine..
I bought a Lawton 7000 action about 7 or 8 weeks ago that was in STOCK. I've called several times to see if it has been sent, i always get the answer (it should ship on monday,,, 4 times now)and the smith still has not received it yet..
My question is has this ever happened to anyone else, and what should i do about it..
Thanks
Jim Hart </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotAGuru &#8853;</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It took ups over 12 days to deliver this over the holidays, thats not uncommon. </div></div>

I'm glad the OP got his action but this isn't a UPS problem. The other problems weren't UPS problems either.

858, it seems to me that you just like to start shit within a thread. The OP got his action, im not to sure that you know every detail about the specific situation (which i dont either). But the OP got his action, Bobby got on here and tried to make it right and got the OP his action. But i guess you just like to stir the pot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macssubmoa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm so sorry that I made a suggestion for any one to ask if someone could use help. As for them unscrewing themselves, maybe you are the one that may need the help, is there anything that anyone could do to possibly help you and your problems.
GOD BLESS,
Mac's </div></div>

you sir, are ridiculous. I love Lawton products. But if you are actually implying that we the customer should run to the aid of a manufacturer to get our parts out faster, then you are a very sideways person.

And on further note, your post I have quoted makes little to no sense. </div></div>
I didn't think it was hard to figure out that the pot stiring is alot of the problem that I was trying to offer help stoping but the OP got thier action just leave it at that if you would ,Sir. I don't want to argue or fight I am just sticking up for my great friends at Lawton machine, and letting you know that they too were haveing troublesand could have used help. (Yes I did offer to go help as I have when they have had other problems.) The piont was we all have them (problems) but sometimes a little slack is all that is needed, not dogging. Sorry for the trouble as should you be, thank you and have a wonderful day.
GOD BLESS,
Mac's

Guys, i would like to make an apology to Bobby lawton and Lawton machine

I know i jumped the gun a little quick, posting this was a mistake on my part.

I also would like to say the action is perfect (no rust,no nothing) all is great..

Ill post some pictures of it when its all done.. should be badass !!

Jim Hart

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim hart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, i would like to make an apology to Bobby lawton and Lawton machine

I also would like to say the action is perfect (no rust,no nothing) all is great..

Jim Hart

</div></div>

Well done, Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macssubmoa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: macssubmoa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm so sorry that I made a suggestion for any one to ask if someone could use help. As for them unscrewing themselves, maybe you are the one that may need the help, is there anything that anyone could do to possibly help you and your problems.
GOD BLESS,
Mac's </div></div>

And on further note, your post I have quoted makes little to no sense. </div></div>
I didn't think it was hard to figure out that the pot stiring is alot of the problem that I was trying to offer help stoping but the OP got thier action just leave it at that if you would ,Sir. I don't want to argue or fight I am just sticking up for my great friends at Lawton machine, and letting you know that they too were haveing troublesand could have used help. (Yes I did offer to go help as I have when they have had other problems.) The piont was we all have them (problems) but sometimes a little slack is all that is needed, not dogging. Sorry for the trouble as should you be, thank you and have a wonderful day.
GOD BLESS,
Mac's </div></div>

You confuse the hell out of me. I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO STICK UP FOR LAWTON in the thread. I am done with arguing about how stupid it is to recommend that a customer go help a manufacturer with their problems in order to get the parts they paid them for.... If I asked my customers to come out and lay blacktop and cut grade with a machine they would laugh in my face and be like "thats what Im paying YOU for". Im not sorry for anything. I stuck up for Lawton because I believe in them. Everyone has some hard times but you cant always fall back on them as an excuse to get you out of hot water. Bobby always comes thru for me.

Glad you got your action, enjoy it as much as I enjoy my Lawton builds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">858, it seems to me that you just like to start shit within a thread. The OP got his action, im not to sure that you know every detail about the specific situation (which i dont either). But the OP got his action, Bobby got on here and tried to make it right and got the OP his action. But i guess you just like to stir the pot. </div></div>

sounds about right

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim hart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, i would like to make an apology to Bobby lawton and Lawton machine

Jim Hart

</div></div>

I'd really like to see some pics now. Just sayin'. Before any work is done to it. How are the Markings? I know that was one thing I liked about Lawton was that the Acid Etching they do is top shelf. Any chance of seeing some? You know before it's coated and all.

You should edit your original post to reflect this, that that people who are not going to read the whole thread do not get the wrong idea. It takes a big man to admit when your wrong, good demonstration of superior character.

Jim Hart

</div></div>

[/quote]

I'd really like to see some pics now. Just sayin'. Before any work is done to it. How are the Markings? I know that was one thing I liked about Lawton was that the Acid Etching they do is top shelf. Any chance of seeing some? You know before it's coated and all. [/quote]

I would but Jon Beanland will have it for the next couple weeks,.Sorry
Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eddybo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should edit your original post to reflect this, that that people who are not going to read the whole thread do not get the wrong idea. It takes a big man to admit when your wrong, good demonstration of superior character.
</div></div>

DONE....
Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jim hart</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eddybo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should edit your original post to reflect this, that that people who are not going to read the whole thread do not get the wrong idea. It takes a big man to admit when your wrong, good demonstration of superior character.
</div></div>

DONE....
Jim </div></div>

Nice work Jim!

I talk to Bobby all the time, and I'm telling you he's a good guy. Just look around here in the Hide. He's always trying to help people with reloading, gunsmithing, etc, etc.

Hoodwinked would not be too strong a word to describe some posting in this thread.

Until your money, time, and equipment are on the line you really don't know who you are dealing with, He_Shoot_Me.

You and the rest of the post happy kids with no skin in the game or dog in the fight need to butt out. Go play somewhere else.

Mods please PM me before deciding to lock or edit this. LL and I have already talked. Thanks.

9H,

I’m trying not to get dragged into that crap anymore, but if you keep running your mouth, I will. What you don’t probably know is Russ, showing a little more class than me took it to a PM and were squared away. Which btw, before speaking to him or anybody else I EDITED MY POST and removed the conversation copied from the shout box, and left the reason stating “Bad taste on my part” Maybe I should’ve checked with you first, to make sure that was okay. And now that you have me going, since when do I need your fucking permission to post anything?

Let’s go over a few of your quotes pertaining to me.

“Until your money, time, and equipment are on the line you really don't know who you are dealing with, He_Shoot_Me.”

What you apparently don’t know is I DO have some of my money, time, and equipment involved with Lawton Machine, and I can only speak from my personal experience with them, and so far it’s been great.

Here’s another gem of yours:

“You and the rest of the post happy kids with no skin in the game or dog in the fight need to butt out. Go play somewhere else.”

Are you calling me a “post happy kid” you fuck? Maybe you should check the amount of posts you have made since you joined and come up with an average. Over a thousand plus per year, maybe I could be as cool as you and catch up quick.

So don’t give me any crap about “skin in the game” and I’ll but in, and play wherever the fuck I want.

I told Russ I wasn’t going to get dragged back into this crap anymore, but I’m not going to just sit on my hands and let you tell me what the fuck to do. So go on and post whatever you like about me, but this is the last response I will post in this thread. Again, I apologize Russ but I'm not going to take any crap from this guy.

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mods please PM me before deciding to lock or edit this. LL and I have already talked. Thanks.</div></div>

The thought never crossed my mind
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He_Shoot _Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">9H,

I’m trying not to get dragged into that crap anymore, but if you keep running your mouth, I will. What you don’t probably know is Russ, showing a little more class than me took it to a PM and were squared away. Which btw, before speaking to him or anybody else I EDITED MY POST and removed the conversation copied from the shout box, and left the reason stating “Bad taste on my part” Maybe I should’ve checked with you first, to make sure that was okay. And now that you have me going, since when do I need your fucking permission to post anything?

Let’s go over a few of your quotes pertaining to me.

“Until your money, time, and equipment are on the line you really don't know who you are dealing with, He_Shoot_Me.”

What you apparently don’t know is I DO have some of my money, time, and equipment involved with Lawton Machine, and I can only speak from my personal experience with them, and so far it’s been great.

Here’s another gem of yours:

“You and the rest of the post happy kids with no skin in the game or dog in the fight need to butt out. Go play somewhere else.”

Are you calling me a “post happy kid” you fuck? Maybe you should check the amount of posts you have made since you joined and come up with an average. Over a thousand plus per year, maybe I could be as cool as you and catch up quick.

So don’t give me any crap about “skin in the game” and I’ll but in, and play wherever the fuck I want.

I told Russ I wasn’t going to get dragged back into this crap anymore, but I’m not going to just sit on my hands and let you tell me what the fuck to do. So go on and post whatever you like about me, but this is the last response I will post in this thread. Again, I apologize Russ but I'm not going to take any crap from this guy.

-Pat
</div></div>

You used my name WAAAAAY too much in your post. We exchanged a couple short PM's as to why you quoted me without the full story.....

Your more than welcome to say what ya want, but I thin kyou went overboard with the way you talk to and about 9H. He's one of the good guys.

Agree with Russ, 9H is one of the very good guys.

HSM, how much "skin in the game"? I know that you won the rifle Lawton donated work and parts for (very generous of them) and you've maybe paid for some accessories and such, but have you paid for a full rifle or lots of parts from them?

I have a feeling 9H is speaking from some experience that involved a larger chunk of cash...oh I mean skin. Knowing a bit more than most guys saying here I'd say many are showing a fair amount of restraint in not airing all the dirty laundry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agree with Russ, 9H is one of the very good guys.

HSM, how much "skin in the game"? I know that you won the rifle Lawton donated work and parts for (very generous of them) and you've maybe paid for some accessories and such, but have you paid for a full rifle or lots of parts from them?

I have a feeling 9H is speaking from some experience that involved a larger chunk of cash...oh I mean skin. Knowing a bit more than most guys saying here I'd say many are showing a fair amount of restraint in not airing all the dirty laundry. </div></div>

I have a hamper full. Just got a new set of dirty drawers last night to add to the pile.

Just sayin'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agree with Russ, 9H is one of the very good guys.

I have a feeling 9H is speaking from some experience that involved a larger chunk of cash...oh I mean skin. Knowing a bit more than most guys saying here I'd say many are showing a fair amount of restraint in not airing all the dirty laundry. </div></div>

It was one barrel. Either way i am assuming he is basing his ideas on other peeps experience as well. As yes we have made some mistakes and will make it right with everyone. People hear a bad thing or two and then start to think we are incompitent. Much like all the trash that 858 talks and as well as other things. I dont mind anyone sharing there problems with us but when the truth gets streched with every person the bullshit starts to pile. All i ask is that everyone is completely honest. There maybe some problems that we are still working on but we are doing our best. For every problem i hear about i hear atleast 10 people tell me our guns are excellent quality and they will be returning. Thats why this kind of stuff does not worry me. I know for a fact whats going on and we have control of all of it.

What i wish to happen is people stop trying to tip toe around everything. If you have a problem with us please tell us and let us try to fix it. This does not need to turn into a internet pissing match. Feedback is always good no matter what the type. I just want to say thanks for everyone that supports our business and all were gonna do is continue to put quality work out as fast as we can. Shit still does happen and we have every intention to correct it as fast as possible. Thanks again.

bobby

I have a feeling 9H is speaking from some experience that involved a larger chunk of cash...oh I mean skin. Knowing a bit more than most guys saying here I'd say many are showing a fair amount of restraint in not airing all the dirty laundry.</div></div>

Some of us are still lurking in the shadows hoping that Lawton will come through for us.

I find that statement ironic when people say you have no skin in the game. And they have bought a barrel from him.
How much are we talking here 9H ? Why does a dollar amount matter to the service we receive?

If i have done any side deals with people on the hide it had nothing to do with the business. If something was a second the person was informed before hand.

Now if you think we send out parts labeled for another customer of ours you are wrong. We take all markings off of them i just feel its wrong to lie about what we are selling. So again we find ourselves reading the misinformed or misguided crap that gets posted by.... yes yet again, you. Even though you are happy with product that you received from us....

I would assume the reason some of the items say CHEYTAC on them is because Lawton builds some of the parts for them. The M310R is built by Lawton.

What GAP parts?

I have always had good service from lawton as well as some of my shooting buddies. I think i need 2 more barrels NOTAGURU and oh yea send my buddy another bolt for his new switch gun he is doing.Yea it has a Lawton action on it....THAT SAVED HIS LIFE when he loaded the wrong powder....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYSHOOTER338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would assume the reason some of the items say CHEYTAC on them is because Lawton builds some of the parts for them. The M310R is built by Lawton.

What GAP parts? </div></div>

They were some actions that we had built for them. Some of them did not get shipped for reason that i wont explain. The had been modified so they cant go to gap.

If you built them then technically they are yours..... till you transfer them.

I have a Lawton 8000 and three switch barrels. Two of them are Lawtons and one is a Bartlien. Lawton did all the machine work and I am very pleased with their work. I recieved a 40 degree base as ordered and did not like it because I could not zero the top of the post on the Horus reticle at 100 yds. I called Bobby and he promptly sent a 30 degree base which fixed the problem. He did not charge me for the new base and asked that I send the 40 degree back. That was over a month ago and it completely slipped my mind until today.No one has called or asked about it. Sorry about that Bobby, I will get it in the mail tomorrow. I intend to build a lightweight Chey and will a be using a Lawton 8500. No dog in this hunt but Bobby has been good to me and I wanted to share this. As a footnote, I can attest to the fact that late deliveries afflict many firms in the custom firearms business. I think everyone I have dealt with, the exception being Broughton barrels, has been late on delivery .

I truely am sorry about all this shit i started. I never thought it would turn into this big of a cluster fuck !!
Maybe somebody could talk with the mod. and have it deleted..
Again, sorry
Jim