• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns LCP Improvement

xs hedspace

hippie redneck geezer
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2005
Bearsville, NY
Just tried out my new LCP Sunday----Egad, it's got Minute-of-Mugger accuracy. So I took my Dremel, with a cutoff wheel, and cut 1/16" deep grooves in the middle of the front sight, and the 2 side bumps of the rear sight. Dipped a toothpick in Dayglo orange paint, and filled in the grooves. MUCH better sight picture!!! Nice that most new jackets have the left side cellphone pockets, with zipper. Perfect for the LCP.

Re: LCP Improvement

Careful with the left side carry unless you use a protective pocket holster. A bump through the cloth on the mag release will drop the magazine and you wind up with a single shot surprise.

The pockets in question are chest level, and I draw with the right hand, so the mag catch is against my chest, not a problem, I hope. I'm too old to run.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Careful with the left side carry unless you use a protective pocket holster. A bump through the cloth on the mag release will drop the magazine and you wind up with a single shot surprise. </div></div>

This is an EXCELLENT point!!! I also don't think I'll be involved in a shooting at beginning of my tour. But if I "knew" that, I could leave my sidearm and rifle in my locker. Just sayin'!

Just be prepared for the worst, and hope your training gets you the best outcome.

Be safe!

-G45