• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes LE/firefighter/mil discount on SWFA scopes or any other brand??

mrfd217

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2014
Washington CH Ohio
I'm wanting to know if there is any company that gives discounts on scopes for firemen. Got a project build on a rem 700 .308 . I like the SWFA brand too. Is it possible and if so how can i get it . Thank you guys.

I'm wanting to know if there is any company that gives discounts on scopes for firemen. Got a project build on a rem 700 .308 . I like the SWFA brand too. Is it possible and if so how can i get it . Thank you guys.

Join Promotive. Currently Zeiss, Steiner, and Bushnell participate in the program.

Edit to Add: I just saw you're relatively new to the Hide, so Welcome. Most of the vendors here offer special pricing for members. In some cases it's a standard percentage off, and in others it's access to fantastic close-out deals or whatever. Both Liberty Optics and CS Tactical are running good specials on optics right now, and they're just the 2 that come to mind immediately.

In either case, I've gotten much better deals from Hide vendors that I would have from calling a company and asking for a LE discount (which I refuse to do anyway).

Last edited:
Promotive website ?

Yes Sir, Promotive.com - Pro deals on hundreds of brands with discounts up to 70% off retail

Coincidentally, it was Redmanss that helped me get it figured out. In your case you'll request to join the "Firefighters Team" and it will tell you what they require. I got my brother signed up and I think it was just a scan of his I.D. card and some info on where he works. It takes a few days to get approval back. Initially it will only show you about 10-15 companies offering discounts until you go into your profile and add some relevant interests. As you add interests/hobbies it expands the list of companies "available" to you. In all there are over 400 companies ranging from camping, skiing, kayaking, sunglasses, audio, optics, whatever.

Depending on what you want, you'll likely still end up getting a better deal from a Hide vendor, but there are some really good discounts from a variety of companies there. On the optics side of it, Bushnell's discount is decent, Steiner's is VERY good.

Yes Sir, Promotive.com - Pro deals on hundreds of brands with discounts up to 70% off retail

Coincidentally, it was Redmanss that helped me get it figured out. In your case you'll request to join the "Firefighters Team" and it will tell you what they require. I got my brother signed up and I think it was just a scan of his I.D. card and some info on where he works. It takes a few days to get approval back. Initially it will only show you about 10-15 companies offering discounts until you go into your profile and add some relevant interests. As you add interests/hobbies it expands the list of companies "available" to you. In all there are over 400 companies ranging from camping, skiing, kayaking, sunglasses, audio, optics, whatever.

Depending on what you want, you'll likely still end up getting a better deal from a Hide vendor, but there are some really good discounts from a variety of companies there. On the optics side of it, Bushnell's discount is decent, Steiner's is VERY good.

Thank you for all the outstanding information that you provided me. I am pretty new to all this. I love hide and have been on it daily. I am not affiliated with any department right now so scanning of the ID card might not work . I do have my Certification licensing . I haven't gotten to check out all the hide vendors or really know how to . I'm wanting to purchase a Bell and Carlson a5 stock off here soon just waiting on funds along with the Optics.

Add: I sent in the application with all my info . Going to have to wait 24-48 hours before i hear anything on the approval. But i will be shopping around on the hide in the mean time.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the outstanding information that you provided me. I am pretty new to all this. I love hide and have been on it daily. I am not affiliated with any department right now so scanning of the ID card might not work . I do have my Certification licensing . I haven't gotten to check out all the hide vendors or really know how to . I'm wanting to purchase a Bell and Carlson a5 stock off here soon just waiting on funds along with the Optics.

Add: I sent in the application with all my info . Going to have to wait 24-48 hours before i hear anything on the approval. But i will be shopping around on the hide in the mean time.

No problem buddy, there's plenty of cops around here to look out for you fire fighters :D

I've never had a bad experience with a Hide vendor. For optics I start with Scott at Liberty Optics, he's an incredibly helpful guy that can talk you through whatever you need and get you hooked up. That is NOT to any way imply that any of the other vendors aren't equally awesome. CS Tactical has some good deals going right now, and Mile High and Euro Optic offer discounts as well, just to name a tiny handful of great folks who support this site. I've purchased from a good number of them and as I said, I've never had a bad experience.

Bushnell gives a great discount for fed firefighters, I would only assume they would do a similar for city.

If you are willing to consider used, you can also find some very nice deals in the Optics For Sale section.

As for SWFA, sometimes they do something around "tax day" which is coming up, or around Black Friday - Cyber Monday. Even then, it depends on what you want and if they put that model scope on sale.

Around the time of SHOT this year, someone posted that there may be a SWFA "tax day" sale this year........ however, other than that small teaser, I haven't seen or heard anything more on the topic. SWFA did just move into a new store, so who knows maybe they'll do something, or are doing something. A phone call might be in order.

Have had nothing but great experiences with both Liberty Optics and CamerLandNY too.

Eurooptic

SWFA

Sport Optics

Liberty Optics

Mile High

They tell you straight up:

If In Stock

When Shipping

None of this back-ordered bullshit, but we still charge your card

Never had a problem with returns

Support the Hide's vendors, they pay for this site.