• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LE Snipers Using Semi-Auto

Re: LE Snipers Using Semi-Auto

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
We use only force needed to take them into custody based on There Fng Actions.</div></div>

Is that right?

"Llovera was convicted of a <span style="font-weight: bold">misdemeanor</span> last year of attending a cockfight and has <span style="font-weight: bold">no history of owning weapons</span>."

That warrants armored vehicles and SWAT running all over the place? If that isn't state sponsored thuggery, I don't know what is.

WAKE UP!!

People are getting sick and goddamn tired of the police acting as if they have the "right" to put the ease with which they might do part of their job ahead of the safety of those you fucking serve. Your priority is ALWAYS to defer to the individual rights of citizens (even if it means putting yourself in danger), not just run around like stormtroopers and tell everyone they need to like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one ever signed on to be shot . . .</div></div>

BULLSHIT!! That is EXACTLY what you signed up for. And if the choice is you getting shot or you deferring to the rights of citizens, your DUTY is to choose the former. Every. Fucking. Time.

Per your OATH:

"I WILL PRESERVE THE DIGNITY AND WILL RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF ALL INDIVIDUALS

. . .

I WILL FAITHFULLY OBEY THE ORDERS OF MY SUPERIORS AND WILL BE READY TO CONFRONT DANGER IN THE LINE OF DUTY"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now you suggest the cops you treat you like your innnocent until proven guilty?</div></div>

I don't suggest it. THE FUCKING CONSTITUTION DEMANDS IT!!! It is also solidified as such with a very long and edifying history of the idea of innocent until proven guilty over 100 fucking years ago in Coffin v United States.

Eleaf, your overt biases are pushing you quickly toward the category of Troll. Either that, or you're just not thinking about what you are saying.

There are good people and bad people in all professions. What you rant about is not a problem confined to law enforcement and has little to do with whether they should get the equipment they need.

If someone changed your argument just a bit, to suggest that because some people misuse guns we would all be safer if your access to guns was restricted, you probably wouldn't agree with that.

how does any of this have anything to do with the OP?

eleaf, just start a "Here is why I hate cops and every google statistic I can find on the subject" thread. you can say everything you ever wanted and people who want to jump into an endless pointless debate, can do so. This will allow the other huge majority of us to chose not to see anything you have to say, rather than having to run across your nonstop scathing opinions on threads that involve LEO topics. I was just wondering about what some different LEOs might be using in different areas of the country out of passive curiosity, and I get stuck weeding through this nonsense.

I tell you what why don't all of us in Leo just go on vacation for a week and see what happens. We will just close down the PDs and so offices and take a break. Hell we could use the time to get away from the stress.

You probably don't have the sense to see into the future and figure out what would happen then!!!

You make just about as much sense as the people we deal with every day.
No one calls the police to tell them how great their day is or when they get the new job having a birthday....they call when their world is upside down and want you to fix it yesterday!!!

Yes I serve my community with professionalism and honored to serve....you need to go door to door where I serve in bossier city la and tell this bull to people that live here and see what happens...
Think you may get a poor reception because they are proud of us an the job we do everyday!!!!

And one more thing....I will do what ever it takes to make sure the guys I work with and myself go home at the end of every shift!!!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!'n

I apologize for my last post and am truly sorry for jacking up your original topic just could not hold it in any longer.....

Hope you except

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are good people and bad people in all professions. What you rant about is not a problem confined to law enforcement and has little to do with whether they should get the equipment they need. </div></div>

Though problems are not confined to LE as a profession, that isn't an excuse. What other profession has the authority to run a tank through my living room and terrorize my family? They MUST use that authority under only the most exigent of circumstances, not "Well, although he has no history of gun ownership or violence in the past, he was arrested last year for attending a cockfighting match. Let's get the armored vehicles and SWAT units just to be sure."

If police power were used justly, there would be no problems.

And I'm not arguing that LE shouldn't get the equipment they need. Just that they should show an absolute NEED for that equipment. I have the right to hold the state accountable for everything they do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If someone changed your argument just a bit, to suggest that because some people misuse guns we would all be safer if your access to guns was restricted, you probably wouldn't agree with that. </div></div>

My argument here is not that the police misuse guns, though they do that as well, but that the police very often abuse the power and authority they are given, and citizens bear the brunt of that abuse with very few avenues of recourse (qualified immunity and all that).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcpdshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tell you what why don't all of us in Leo just go on vacation for a week and see what happens. We will just close down the PDs and so offices and take a break. Hell we could use the time to get away from the stress.

You probably don't have the sense to see into the future and figure out what would happen then!!!</div></div>

Yeah. Law and order is upheld ONLY through your being on the job. It can't have anything to do with the fact that most people are good people with no reason or want to commit crimes.

I can guarantee you that it isn't the whole 8 cops in my town that keeps me safe from the tide of woe that would supposedly befall me if they weren't there.

I never ONCE said that I wanted to do without the police. Perhaps you should get some reading comprehension lessons? It MIGHT help.

What I am arguing is that I would like the police to be far more responsible with the authority given them.

This might be a better discussion for the Bear Pit or something.

I can see both sides of the story. You guys might want to actualy read each others posts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This might be a better discussion for the Bear Pit or something.
</div></div>

Agreed.

Out!

original topic :
there as been many talks about fielding semi auto precision rifles in the swat unit at my department for the past nine years.

most of the talks were about purchasing m14s set up for precision marksman. all i have heard is talks though. we have older 700p rifles that have a lot of rounds through them and they still seem to grouping well.

in my opinion you could debate the need for semi auto's or bolt guns till the cows come home in an urban setting but together at the same scene i think they would be a asset.

i did read an article in a magazine where both were deployed and i cant remember the magazine it was a good read.
i think some of the so's in the region do have semi autos in the line up have not heard any reports.
with my department they seem to be more interested in fielding electronic citations and other tech stuff like that.
however we are getting new glocks department wide next month so who knows the team may get semi autos soon.

The part I find ironic is this:

Our goverment is based on a system of checks and balances. Hence we have the different branches of goverment:

Legislative Branch
Executive Branch
Judicial Branch

Lets go ahead and break that down now eleaf.

Your legislative branch - Your state, and federal goverment. They vote on bills and such to get laws passed. Often times citizens vote on the laws and bills as well. People like me, you and the rest of the U.S.

So, if there is a law out there that you don't like, guess what? You have your own country to thank for it, not the LEOs.

The Judicial Branch - They essentially rule on what LEOs can and can't do. Whether or not it is constitutional or not. Typically these Judges or Justices are voted in, not just hired. They also do the sentencings, and apply the rules of the court.

The Executive Branch - Law Enforcement falls under this. We operate under the constitution, as well as the laws that you vote to enact.

You cite all of these news arcticles and such as HARD and SIMPLE fact. But heres the flip side to it. Were you there? Do you know all of the details about the people involved, or the circumstances?

All of the arcticles you have cited are pretty vauge, and leave a lot to assumption.

The Cockfighter (I love that word) - Do you TRULY know his criminal history? Do you know about all the intel that the particular LE Agency had about him? Of course his attorney is going to say that he is an angel, a saint. Thats what they get paid to do. They arn't going to win if they say "My client is a bad man."

The Officer that shot a dog - If a rotwiler (sp?) mix comes running at me, I'm going to have a high chance of shooting it. Why? Because I've seen what dogs can do to people, and if it prevents me from being injured, I'm going to do it.

Just because I chose to become an LEO does not mean that I have to endure injure. Part of my job is most certainly putting myself at risk, but that is why my bosses, and the people that I serve have decided that I need to be able to protect myself with tools and equipment, as well as tactics.

eleaf - Believe it or not, there are people out there who want to kill me just because I am who I am, and I chose to try to make a difference, and put others first.

For example, several people were just arrested here in Alaska after a joint investigation by the FBI and Alaska State Troopers after they had been planning to kidnap and kill Judges and Troopers.

Just because I am an LEO does not mean that I don't have rights to protect myself. I am a person just like anyone else.

So toting your BS line, and treating us like we are all the same is not needed, and I think I speak for a large majority when I say take it somewhere else.

Just like has been previously stated, every line of work has bad apples. Cops shouldn't abuse their power, and I completely agree with that. But I guess we can lump some of our former presidents into that as well. Or how about the many child molestors out there? There are bad people in all walks of life in this world, and if you can't accept that, you've got a long road ahead of you.....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qC301ZbdEyk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qC301ZbdEyk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I couldn't resist. NO, I'm not sorry.

The guy starts screaming that people are stormtroopers and all types of fascist shit. Boo-fucking-hoo.

I had to put up with some REAL skinheads(the Bavarian type). Stick and stones...break their bones.

Go to the ACLU forum and fuck up someone else's topic there.

P.S. Most of the LEOs that you were arguing with have argued in favor of the everyday civilian, and Constitutional rights. Time to step off your soap box.

OMG you need to warn a brother before you play that I am now cleaning coffey up from my den LOL.