• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses LE Training need help!

branct06

KOPFJAGER
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
High Point N.C.
Hey guys I have a favor to ask of y’all. I am a LE sniper and I am looking for training/ schools to attend. The issue I am running into is funding. My Department has a very limited budget when it comes to specialty training. I have applied for numerous schools but get turned down because of costs. I am looking for a school such as FLETC or others that have grant funding for LE officers. Any suggestions?

As with J-huskey above, I am not aware of any grant programs for training funds. That is not to say that there are none out there.

Certain venues and 3rd parties do offer discounts and free add-ons for MIL or LEO attending certain classes such as our LE courses at ALTUS.

If you are just wanting a piece of paper saying you went to school somewhere, you do not have to be picky. If you are wanting to maximize your skill sets and get tools you would use in your work environment I would encourage you to vet several potential instructors and their POIs. Sometimes even government based schools with high name recognition can be mediocre to bad depending on the instructors rotating in, etc.

Good luck in your quest. Many are in the same boat and some even pay out of their own pockets the same way most LE snipers end up buying a lot of their own equipment.

./

Reactions: Mike4837
Hey guys I have a favor to ask of y’all. I am a LE sniper and I am looking for training/ schools to attend. The issue I am running into is funding. My Department has a very limited budget when it comes to specialty training. I have applied for numerous schools but get turned down because of costs. I am looking for a school such as FLETC or others that have grant funding for LE officers. Any suggestions?
What state are you in??

Your most likely going to have to pay out of pocket if you want quality training. I’ve come to realize this recently and ponied up the money to get it, right down to the ammo

Reactions: Mike4837
I am just down the road from you in Statesville N.C. Check out the NCJA portal and see what they have to offer. I think there is a 2 day event coming up soon in Four Oaks. I think its free but you have to pay for your own room and board. I know the NCTOA is having a competition next year as well in Samarcan down in Moore Co. If nothing else you can come down here with our team on training day and can shoot with us. We have access to a 700 yd range. Its nothing special, just an old grass flight line but it works.

Reactions: j-huskey