• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lead time on Vortex Viper PST FFP 6-24x50

xaved

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2012
I ordered a Vortex Viper PST FFP 6-24x50 with an MRAD reticle through my local gun shop yesterday. They called me today after they placed the order and told me that the lead time is something like 6 months. Has anyone else had a similar figure told to them? I'm just curious whether that lead time is accurate - I know the demand for these scopes must be high but I had no idea it was that much.

Re: Lead time on Vortex Viper PST FFP 6-24x50

I ordered one on Monday from Cabelas and the brown truck should deliver it tomorrow. Went to Cabelas cause I had a bunch of AMEX gift cards that they accepted.

third generation shooting supply has one in stock. I think they also offer flat rate shipping.
Good guys to deal and shoot with.

I was gonna order online too but I wouldn't be home when the truck drops it off because of work - we had a rash of people in my neighborhood getting their packages stolen off the front porch. Also I wanted to support my local gun shop by giving them my business. I guess I'll have to wait and see...

I had to wait about 6 months for my scopes. Ordered them from the USA.

Ordered mine from cameraland in NY after waiting for a month on midway's backorder. When midway changed the expected in stock date to October after I had already waited a month I said screw it and looked elsewhere. I called cameraland up to be absolutely sure they had them in stock and they had 4 of my specific model at that time. After ordering Thursday I had the scope in my hands Monday morning at 9 am. Not to bad from NY to MN. Everything was packaged well and you can tell they are willing to go the extra mile for their customer. I was a bit worried at first about getting a scope from a place called "CAMERA-land", but they seem to know what they're are doing all the way around and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kNN0EyAd0IU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kNN0EyAd0IU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Local shop I talked to said he sells at least 10 MOA versions of these for every 1 Mil version. That might be the problem. Lots of MOA around I think. Walked in and bought mine off the shelf.

I got mine off of ebay from Kauffman Knives out of Montana, suer fast shipping.

Thanks for the offers, but it'll be a weeklong process to get the refund,wait for my credit card to get credited back, etc... It's fine, I'll pick up a SWFA 10x42 in the meantime to practice with - I figure if I can shoot well at 10x I'll be even better when the vortex comes in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSIceland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had to wait about 6 months for my scopes. Ordered them from the USA. </div></div>

Glad to know I'm not alone! Okay I feel better now...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xaved</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was gonna order online too but I wouldn't be home when the truck drops it off because of work - we had a rash of people in my neighborhood getting their packages stolen off the front porch. Also I wanted to support my local gun shop by giving them my business. I guess I'll have to wait and see... </div></div>

you know you can just click on the "signature required" option, and if that won't work, go for the "I'll pick it up" option...just so you know you have options.

Vortex product wait time is right up there with Form 4 wait time nowadays.

But just as worth it once you get your scope. Well, maybe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris@SportOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got some sitting on the shelf ready to ship. </div></div>

Now you'll have one less, just placed an order for one.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WyGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris@SportOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got some sitting on the shelf ready to ship. </div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

Dang, I ordered Saturday morning as well but got a backorder notification today. Did your order go through? 6-8 week wait time they estimated... If so many are being bought to delay the factory though then I suppose it is probably worth the wait!

Anything you can do to for a new SH member, Chris?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drew H</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WyGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris@SportOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got some sitting on the shelf ready to ship. </div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

Dang, I ordered Saturday morning as well but got a backorder notification today. Did your order go through? 6-8 week wait time they estimated... If so many are being bought to delay the factory though then I suppose it is probably worth the wait!

Anything you can do to for a new SH member, Chris?
smile.gif
</div></div>

Turns out they were out of stock when I ordered too. The search continues...

last time i checked SWFA had them in stock but they could be out now but i would check them.

Several people have them you just need to pick up the phone and call around. I posted a WTB thread and within 2 hours I had a tracking number.

ordered mine from optics planet on saturday and their delay is 5-15 days so hopefully they get them in this week...but everywhere I checked is backordered...they must be wsorth it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hamdizle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ordered mine from optics planet on saturday and their delay is 5-15 days so hopefully they get them in this week...but everywhere I checked is backordered...they must be wsorth it. </div></div>

Hey hamdizle,

The 6-24x50mm is a really popular option. We have some of the 4-16x50mm in stock (MOA, not MRAD), but not the 6-24x50mm. Vortex is trying really hard to produce enough to meet demand. This isn't an OpticsPlanet issue, this is an everyone issue.

If you happen to find a retailer that has one sitting on the shelf because of a return or order cancellation, it's your lucky day.

Vortex even released an official statement. That isn't something you'll normally see:

http://images1.opticsplanet.com/pdf/opplanet-vortex-viper-pst-communication.pdf

I think every retailer shares the frustration of all the people waiting for these scopes. Vortex has been increasing production, and I guess having a best in class scope that really doesn't have a comparable substitute is a good and bad problem to have.

Sorry guys - at the very least know that almost everyone who has received their scope absolutely loves it.

Alessandro M.

I just ordered th 4-16 ffp pst through vortex's military program and they said 4-6 months possibly longer. I just emailed them to see if the wait for the 6-24 is any shorter. If I wasnt getting a good discount I would buy from somewere else, guess I should of bought the scope at the beginning of my deployment haha, guess im stuck using my bushnell elite 3200 till I get the vortex scope in.