• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Learning about firearms has ruined my enjoyment of tv and movies.

Enfieldr

Mapleseed Rifleman
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Can’t seem to watch something on TV or Netflix now without pointing out the inaccuracies in the handling/function of firearms and the realistic effect it would have.

Absolutely drives the girlfriend nuts.

how could Hollywood get it so wrong? I thought they paid consultants “in the know”.

Because they don't care....and neither do 99% of the people watching.

They are in the entertainment business, not the documentary business, they do what look good...period.

Enthusiast in any field have this " issue".....people on scuba forums bitch about scuba inaccuracies on film.....people on car forums bitch about car inaccuracies on film.....people who fly bitch about plane inaccuracies on film......

.....and we bitch about guns on film....

Reactions: Enfieldr
    Seems like more effort is being made to show the capabilities of various firearm types and some individual details as well.

Kinda like all the western movies that are set in the 1860-1870s and they have Winchester 92s or 94s...

Reactions: camocorvette
    Fire grenades, fire grenades piss me off, and most others I think.
    Actually, just about any explosion.
    Grenades are like fire crackers on movies. They probably should excite the bad dudes.

And you appreciate them more, The movie fan still have no idea.
    I’d appreciate it if they just got comms etiquette correct.
    At a minimum. Saying repeat is one of my biggest pet peeve.

Other things that would make things more realistic:

There’s always that guy.
    More gay jokes
    Marry one fuck one kill one.
    Brass to the grass, die mother fucker die..jam.
    A pgss watching you take a shit.
    Shitting in a bag.
    Stop talking about Coriolis in sniper flicks.

Grenades are definitely don’t make fire balls lol more like a 7-10m dust cloud with a little bass to the earth.

To be fair, some military movies would be boring as shit if they were real. Imagine a movie about a STA team conducting obs on a “suspected” jpel. Dudes just fighting over chilli mac, spotting scopes and cameras out watching some haji fucking a goat and taking a shit outside his compound in the morning. Maybe listening to some icom. Get picked up by some CAT team or some pog logistics fags or whoever and hit a ied that was back laid because some 1st Lt doesn’t understand what the route overlays are for and is a dumb fuck. Everyone is ok, but then everyone misses an actual breakfast because EOD takes three years to show up and the closest working wrecker is in another province lol.

Attachments

• 925BEA7D-DD32-4C79-B858-6E0E2AD0C9E1.jpeg
      925BEA7D-DD32-4C79-B858-6E0E2AD0C9E1.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 43
    But it's so realistic. Their 30 round clips have 109 bullets. The good guys restack their clips only when the bad guys have missed with 10 mag clips of full semi auto.

Never, ever, count while watching.

You forgot about the wrecker team that was coming also broke down and now also needs a wrecker so that team is stranded and they will get you "soon".

<---MTM 05-13

That would be an awesome scene!

The hero gets hit by an IED. On the way to him, the QRF also gets hit by an IED. Then the wrecker that is recovering a vehicle from the QRF is struck by another IED on the way back in. An hour plus of dick jokes, deaf humor at the guys who got hit, and flagging every vehicle that tries to drive around you, and the hero is finally recovered by the second wrecker/QRF team.

That would be an awesome scene!

The hero gets hit by an IED. On the way to him, the QRF also gets hit by an IED. Then the wrecker that is recovering a vehicle from the QRF is struck by another IED on the way back in. An hour plus of dick jokes, deaf humor at the guys who got hit, and flagging every vehicle that tries to drive around you, and the hero is finally recovered by the second wrecker/QRF team.
    Then the hero gets ninja punched by 1stsgt when he gets back to the PB because the pgss radio’d in that they saw him take his Kevlar off to take a piss after the first wrecker was mobility killed and he finished his last rip it.

you just need to suspend disbelief when watching movies, and it doesn't just pertain to firearms.

you can't bank a starfighter in space, where there is no atmosphere, nor would you hear other spacecraft.
    how do they shoot laser cannons at spaceships that are 6 blocks long, and miss?

I love the Netflix commissioned stuff that all has flashes superimposed on guns. No action cycle, no recoil.

I still quite enjoy playing "guess the gun" though. Saw a S+W 629 competitor the other night and won a bet. I didn't have to fetch the next beer.

I’d appreciate it if they just got comms etiquette correct.
    At a minimum. Saying repeat is one of my biggest pet peeve.

Other things that would make things more realistic:

There’s always that guy.
    More gay jokes
    Marry one fuck one kill one.
    Brass to the grass, die mother fucker die..jam.
    A pgss watching you take a shit.
    Shitting in a bag.
    Stop talking about Coriolis in sniper flicks.

Grenades are definitely don’t make fire balls lol more like a 7-10m dust cloud with a little bass to the earth.

To be fair, some military movies would be boring as shit if they were real. Imagine a movie about a STA team conducting obs on a “suspected” jpel. Dudes just fighting over chilli mac, spotting scopes and cameras out watching some haji fucking a goat and taking a shit outside his compound in the morning. Maybe listening to some icom. Get picked up by some CAT team or some pog logistics fags or whoever and hit a ied that was back laid because some 1st Lt doesn’t understand what the route overlays are for and is a dumb fuck. Everyone is ok, but then everyone misses an actual breakfast because EOD takes three years to show up and the closest working wrecker is in another province lol.
    20210513_041353.jpg
    20210513_041300.jpg

You just took me back.. haha . Thank you
    Yes thats shrapnel and dried blood in the second pic. The blood does fade over the years.

I actually went to film school right after the Corps. Worked in various aspects of the biz for several years. In hindsight a super liberal school/industry and a fresh out of the service, highly seasoned combat vet might not have been the best course of action at the time, lol! But it worked out well.

Most definitely a lot of films have been ruined for me, but the good ones seem better. I mean come on, its tough to truly portray how actual combat feels. Its a feeling, a presence, so many things that are seen and not seen, felt, known and unknown. It really can't be described completely. You have to actually walk that walk to understand. And trust me, when you truly take it to the edge (and past it for your enemies) you are gaining knowledge and experiences that almost no one else (when compared to the population) has done. Let me digress.. I guess its best to be open minded and appreciate the good ones for what they are. Its never going to be that accurate..

Semper fi