• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Learning to build AR style rifles???

Farmboy05

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2009
JBER, AK
Is there any suggested reading or DVD sets which would be helpful in learning how to build and assemble rifles on the AR platform? I'm looking for books that would discuss not only the steps in the process, but the reasoning behind them. Mainly looking to educate myself about a new platform.

Thanks,
farmboy05

Re: Learning to build AR style rifles???

brownells website has good directions and there are some good videos on you tube

AR15forums has a metric ton of building information. Basically buy a parts kit from a reputable dealer such as delton.com , and a stripped lower receiver.
Build thread
delton
and assemble.

I picked the AGI videos and then just learned some tricks from friends.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Calibur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AR15forums has a metric ton of building information. Basically buy a parts kit from a reputable dealer such as delton.com , and a stripped lower receiver.
Build thread
delton
and assemble. </div></div>

I learned from here, no problems.

I read "Gunsmithing the AR-15" by Patrick Sweeney. It was one of the best books I have ever read. Between this book and the Brownells videos you should not have any issues building an AR.