• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Leather Knife Sheath

operatorj

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2009
Heltonville ,Indiana
I am looking for someone that can make a leather sheath for my Becker BK2. I would like a horizontal (scout) carry model that can also hold a fire rod. If anyone here can do this or knows of someone who can that would be great.

Re: Leather Knife Sheath

No problem. I've had them make several sheaths for me & they're top quality. They're a little on the pricey side but you get what you pay for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: operator j</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the response. I sent them a email and now we will see what they say. </div></div>

Chuddy Bear Leather does some great work as well,,,
smile.gif

http://www.chuddybearleather.com/

Yes he does. He makes most of his sheaths for Busse Combat blades. Top quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coyote223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chuddy Bear Leather does some great work as well,,,
smile.gif

http://www.chuddybearleather.com/ </div></div>

Check these out - no wait time on the first option for a custom sheath for your knife.

<span style="font-weight: bold">HERE</span> is a ready made custom specifically for your knife model on eBay that you can snatch up today if you wanted. No fire steel loop on this particular one, but the maker states that he sells a model that does include one.

<span style="font-weight: bold">HERE</span> is another maker that does the fire steel holder, but you'd need to send him your knife apparently.

Neither is too bad for less than $70.00 shipped

With all due respect, let me say 1095 and moist leather are not a good combo. Stick with the kydex and spend/save the money for a good stone/strop setup. Just my .02. If you are stuck on leather, check out Gary G over on bladeforums.. guy does wicked work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With all due respect, let me say 1095 and moist leather are not a good combo. Stick with the kydex and spend/save the money for a good stone/strop setup. Just my .02. If you are stuck on leather, check out Gary G over on bladeforums.. guy does wicked work. </div></div>

You can get a leather sheath with a kydex liner.

To the OP... did you get a sheath yet? If so, what kind?

The only knives that rust in a leather sheath are the one's that are neglected, abused, or otherwise mistreated....same as pistols.

The interior of the sheath should be dressed with mink oil (trap lube being the best); and the blade kept with a very thin coat of veggy oil or olive oil....for insurance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only knives that rust in a leather sheath are the one's that are neglected, abused, or otherwise mistreated....same as pistols.

The interior of the sheath should be dressed with mink oil (trap lube being the best); and the blade kept with a very thin coat of veggy oil or olive oil....for insurance. </div></div>

Agreed!

I use a Choate (sp?) oil from my Katana/Wak kit..

I keep all my knive well oiled just like my guns. I havent got a sheath yet but have looked and talked to serveral people about it. Just cannt decide which one to go with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I use a Choate (sp?) oil from my Katana/Wak kit..</div></div>

Choji or clove oil.
smile.gif