• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leather sling for hunting rifle

Double-edged

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2002
I'm normally not big on wooden stocks but I have a gorgeous CZ550 that will retain it's wooden stock. I need a dark leather sling for it, perhaps distressed leather. Any recommendations on a custom maker for something like this? I can browse Google all day long but I would prefer a personal recommendation over picking someone based on their web site.

Doesnt get any better than a Ron Brown M1907 either from Creedmoor Sports or Mr Browns web site in my opinion.

Try Pat's (psinclair) Montana Rifle Sling. They simply, quickly, and beautifully meet the needs of a carry sling. All my hunting rifles wear them.

Another vote for Pat's Montana Sling. Work the leather over with some conditioner and you're set.

I saw the Montana sling last year and was very impressed. I purchased one for this past hunting season and I was very impressed.

DE,
Congratulations on the 550. Pat's slings look very nice. You might also consider hitting a few gun shows and finding an old one. Some will sell them off rifles or out of the junk pile. Just make sure you get a sound one that will not break and drop your rifle.

Galco makes beautiful rifle slings, high grade leather, just like the rest of their products.

M1907 sling >> Montana sling.

The slings from turner saddlery are VERY hard to beat. That's what I'd buy... Again.