• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

leatherman MUT

Re: leatherman MUT

If you can, check it out in-person. I thought for sure I'd want one but when I handled it, I wasn't impressed. It looks cool but for $100-$150...not sold on it.

I got one and i love its very solid and well thought out. I like the replaceable parts and the fact that you can get wide selection screwdriver bits for it. But i use it more at work then i do for my guns. Buy once cry once you know.
grin.gif

Seems like it'd be a good thing to have in a range bag. Too big to carry every day, for me anyway.
But then again, i have proper tools in my range bag, so why spend $150?
YMMV

I haven't gotten to handle a MUT, but it appears too big for EDC. I do EDC a Wave in a Bladetech pouch, so I'm sold on having a Leatherman around. More often than not, it's all I need for any given chore.

A guy at my office received a shipment of 10-15 from another guy that runs a store and couldnt sell them. He sold them to us for 65, I got it just to run on my kit since it comes with a molle pouch. I think the ones we got are the eod model. Dont know what I will realistically use it for, but I guess it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

WOW...$65! Have any of 'em left over for that price? For the standard retail price I'd pass but for less than half that, I'd put one in the range bag. PM being sent.