• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Leatherwood for AR?

Re: Leatherwood for AR?

The original Leatherwood scopes were decent scopes. But the new ones make offshore have been problematic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The original Leatherwood scopes were decent scopes. But the new ones make offshore have been problematic.</div></div>

Hmm, Thats what I have been reading. Actually everything I've been reading has been different.

That SS 1-4 looks interesting.

I bought this scope from SWFS(?) for $300 which included a Burris PEPR mount. I have it on my Sig 556 Swat Classic, and I've put around 1,000 rounds through it. Keep in mind, this is my first rifle, so I have more ignorance than experience thus far.
That being said, I love it. It has held zero, the zero stop is easy to set up, and the reticle is very clear and does well in every condition up to looking almost directly into the sun.
My favorite feature, which is why I purchased this scope, is that at 1x, you can use the reticle with both eyes open much like a holographic site. That makes it unnecessary to pay another $300 for a MRDS.
One of the factors that lead to my purchase was in reading reviews at Snipershide.com that the Sig 556 Swat had accuracy issues, so I figured I would relegate this rifle to my "200-yds-and-in" golf club, but it's a far better shooter than that. In retrospect, I wish I had bought a 4x16 scope and placed a red dot on top of the mounting rings. But, if this is a scope that you are looking to hit center mass with at 400 yards, I'm not sure how you can go wrong. I'm just saying that my Sig can shoot well enough that a little more magnification would have been better.
The scope is solid, has a great fit and finish, and the reticle becomes very instictive very quickly. It is made in China, but it's evidently not the "Walmart" side of China.
I love it. Hope this helps.

Bruce

i have one on an spr and thus far it has been great. the glass is very clear, the reticle in my opinion kicks ass.

it fills all the needs i had for a 1x4 cmr type scope. the illuminated reticle is good. the nv setting actually works very well with a pvs-14 coupled up to the scope. the zero stop/lock on the turrets is fantastic. works flawlessly.

i love the .5moa adjustments as it matches my other scopes. i actually think some of the big names really need to look at this scope for input as far as features on a 1x4 scope.

my .02

I've had one on my LR308 for about a year now. I can only say awesome things about this scope. The glass is clear and it's held zero with my .308 with no problems at all. The reticle is easy to use, I have used it out to 500 yards and it's dead on. I have no regrets buying this scope.

I have the CMR on my RFB...I dig the reticle and the glass is clear for a $250 optic. What I did notice was that my reticle was canted. I have a level and I cannot get that reticle in the proper position and still have the bubble leveled. I am going to contact Hi Lux on Monday to discuss sending it back. I still like the optic a lot since it's calibrated for 223 and 308.