• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Lecia Geovid HD-B Teaser!

Chris@InterstateGuns

Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2010
Louisiana
www.interstateguns.com

These puppies are going on a p dog hunt over the long weekend with the boss.

Nothing has changed from what we saw at SHOT. These this feel great in the hand and the glass is fantastic. The controls are very easy to reach and the buttons have a very positive detent. There is no confusion as to what button does what because of the way they are shaped. One is concave and on is convex.

Getting the Bios set up using the G7 ballistic computer on Leica's website was a breeze. Very intuitive.

I'll report back hopefully on Tuesday with some more in depth information and hopefully some field pictures.

Leica Range Finders

Leica Geovid HD-B

This will be interesting. I am in the boat of saving for these or vectronix. I need them to range soft targets and the vectronix will definitely do this. I am curious how the Leica will perform in comparison. Look forward to the feedback from the trip.

Can they also be set up for G1? These really look interesting and I already have the wife primed to order me a pair for my birthday...

How is the glass on them? Got a pair of Bushnell 1600 but can't stand the blue tint.

How is the glass on them? Got a pair of Bushnell 1600 but can't stand the blue tint.
The glass is exellent. Actually better than expected. I can't stand the blue tint as well.

Shooter0311 said:
Can they also be set up for G1? These really look interesting and I already have the wife primed to order me a pair for my birthday...
Looks like only the G7

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the price point on these? I'm looking to purchase my 1st range finder and I'm still undecided. I'm going to be hunting and shooting targets out to 800-1000 with a .308 running 2700fps/175gr. Obviously not shooting animals out that far... thanks.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the price point on these? I'm looking to purchase my 1st range finder and I'm still undecided. I'm going to be hunting and shooting targets out to 800-1000 with a .308 running 2700fps/175gr. Obviously not shooting animals out that far... thanks.

$2945 for the 8's and 2995 for the 10's.

Chris,

Any chance you could compare these with the EL Range, Not so much glass quality but pure ranging ability on large/small, light/dark targets and max distance of both etc. FWIW, I have the 8x EL Range... Also I keep seeing conflicting numbers on eye relief, what is the 8x and 10x set at.

I had a pair of original Geovid 7x42 LRF Binos, and the glass was hands down the best optic I have looked through!!! Great products!

Alright Chris, spill! What's your take on these? Sounds like they take care of every variable except for wind speed. I've always loved my Leica binos.

Sorry guys I just haven't gotten around to posting up a detailed review. Our first units have been trickling in and we've been shipping for about a month now.

The new HD-B's are everything that I was expecting it to be. Exceptional glass with a solid range finding/ballistic platform that hunters will really enjoy. These provide a solution not only for the rifle hunter but the bow hunter as well because of the min ranging distance.

I just got one and have been playing with it a bit. Haven't get the ballistic data on it yet, but i did hit 2500 yds on the side of a hill with the rangefinder! Middle of the day with clear sky and bright sun. Glass is what you expect from Leica. Hopefully the ballistics work like everything else. If so I think I'll hang onto these for loooong time :)

Thanks for the preview Glen. Feel free to put them through some paces and share your perspective.

Have had the original Geovid and the 2nd generation binoculars, both have great glass, clear and bright! I have had the 2nd generation 10x42 for as many years as they have been available, they have been used hard and long in all conditions, a friend accidently dropped them about 4 1/2' onto rocks while elk hunting. I saw it happen; I felt sick and knew it was the end of them. But to my amazement they were just fine, I totally lucked out that it didn't hit a lens but still thought the electronics would have been messed up, but to this day they work as good as new! With that said, I think they are fantastic binoculars and very good laser range finder; they range fast and very accurate out to 1200 yards but only under the right conditions. If in desert or high prairie in bright sun, all you have is a expensive pair of binoculars! I thought the first pair I had were bad because on an Antelope hunt I was not able to range anything past 200 hundred yards. I tried 2 other pairs after that with exactly the same results, work great every where except in very bright conditions. To have a Leica Geovid 10x42 that ranged fast and accurately in all conditions out to 2k meters and are as tough as what I currently have, at times that would be priceless!