• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Lee APP and bulge busting 9mm cases. Head first.

McHaggis

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2017
South Island, New Zealand
I’ve just recieved my Lee APP press and like everyone I was surprise just how small they are. More of a press-ette than a press to be sure.
After mucking around with it I’m wondering if you can bulge bust 9mm cases head first so I can feed it with my case feeder. I’m just too lazy to fill the tube head up.
Yes I will have to fabricate a few pieces to make this work but has anyone tried to push a case through the die this way?

I think I understand what you are trying to accomplish and I see no need to do it, most 9mm dies will leave a waist so to speak on the case, it hurts nothing. Just set up you sizing die properly and make sure the cases drop all the way into your chamber. I have reloaded thousands of 9mm mostly once fired in Glocks reloaded using RCBS and Dillon Dies no issues.