• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Left hand trigger on right hand action

565fitter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2013
Washington, WV
Without the "why not just get a left handed action" answers. Can a left handed trigger be put on a right r700 action? One day I may buy a lefty but I've grown up using a right handed gun, I'm used to it.
With my last build I bought a manners t5a and it's pretty hard to get the safety off without using my right hand. I know my stock will need work I just wonder if the bolt release will still work

The bolt stop won't work so you'd have to get one milled in to the receiver. I think the safety should fit either action. Never tried it.

No

You will loose functionality of the bolt stop and also the tang of the R700 receiver is cut to clear the safety lever. Your receiver tang will need to be milled and the stock inletting recut to meet the interior needs of the safety parts. Receiver would need to be re-slotted to move the bolt stop to the other side and the rear trigger pin recess would have to be recut to make room for the bolt stop spring.

Basically the answer is "Yes", you "can" but only with a lot of bastardizing of the action and stock, therefore most would say the answer should be "No" by default.

A good option is to get a Jewell with a bolt release and bottom safety which puts the safety lever in the trigger guard. I like the bottom safety and often shoot right handed actions left handed and contrary to many here I think the Jewell triggers are far superior to any factory Remington trigger you can get.

Gary