• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Left-handed bolt action for left-hander necessary?

Re: Left-handed bolt action for left-hander necessary?

I have always used a right handed gun cause they are cheaper. I got 3 guns right now. 2 of which are right and 1 that is left. The biggest difference is the check pad on the stocks

Is it a problem that you are opening the bolt-action into your throat?

Depends on what you get used to.

Like James, I have both LH and RH rifles.

Does anyone out there go both ways? (......wait, that doesn't sound right......) Shoot left or right handed?

I debated for a month or so on going left or right handed. After owning right handed before my left handed...I'd have to say its only SLIGHTLY more convenient.

I went left cause I'm keeping this rifle forever. If I was planning on getting rid of it after a few thousand rounds, I'd go right handed.

I have no regrets going lefty...I feel so supreme at the range =D

Side note, for hunting its a godsend because I do all my shooting offhand(standing).