• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lefty Factory Rifle .308

Hoyt7mm

Bow Shooter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2017
Wisco
I've never been a 308 guy, but I have the urge to get setup with one recently. Nothing fancy, just a good shooter. It will remain basically bone stock for the foreseeable future as I just want a compact hunting/plinking/rainy day gun. Here's problem #1, I'm a lefty and want this rifle to be as well. I'm looking for a 20-22" heavy barrel, threaded muzzle, and 1:10 twist preferably. Looking hard at the Tikka CTR since I see it is made in a left hand configuration. However, I can't seem to find one online or locally. Are they special order only? I'd also really like to have a Bergara HMR, but there's no lefty version available as of yet. Any other ideas or options in the 1k or less range? Thanks!

I believe the CTR is only offered in right hand version, at least in the U.S., which is probably why you're having a tough time. They do offer other models in left hand configuration though.

I got a CTR .308 in left hand, didn't have to special order or anything. However i'm in Sweden so it might be different for you. Any Tikka dealer will probably be able to order one for you.

The Tikka Sporter is available in LH. Friend of mine has one. He did a CDI bottom metal conversion, and has replaced his barrel (shot out), that's it.

Axelh
Beretta is not nice to us here in the US.
I would love to get a t3x varmint stainless in lefty but they don't import them. If i was in Australia I could get it.

Note the tikkas come in a 1 in 11 twist in 30 cal. Why I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Axelh
Beretta is not nice to us here in the US.
I would love to get a t3x varmint stainless in lefty but they don't import them. If i was in Australia I could get it.

Note the tikkas come in a 1 in 11 twist in 30 cal. Why I don't know.

Holy crap! We get the lefty stainless varmints in 308 up here in Canada too, and they are actually available. We even get lefty CTRs in 308, but only the 20" barrelled ones.

Not sure how difficult it is to export a rifle from here to you down there, but there are a number of companies in Canada that are setup to import from the US into Canada and might be able to do the opposite to you. Might be worth a look. PM me if you want some contact info.

I want it in 300 whenever I do get it. In utah where we can get longer ranges.