Rifle Scopes Lefty needing a one piece base.

Garvey

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
Melissa, Texas
I currently have a two piece base on my Savage 10 FLCP-K. I am wanting to replace it with a 20 MOA one piece base. My problem is that I want a one piece base that is either symetrical, along its axis, or is specially designed for the left eject action.

Without the ability to view a base in person, I don't want to order one to find that it will only work for a right eject rifle. Can someone help please?

hifly78

Private
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Re: Lefty needing a one piece base.

Also got one from EGW for a Savage 12 VLP DBM LH

I am a lefty and the Standard 20moa rail worked great. They did contact me saying the standard one should work fine but they could do a little machining on the left side. Extra fee and time so I tool it as is. Worked great.

I now have 4 EGW rails all 20 moa on various rifles along with Leupold QRW rings can swap my scope between them with great return to zeros.

bohem

PVA's HMFIC
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Southeast, PA
www.patriotvalleyarms.com

I run an EGW steel 20 MOA on my long action Rem 700. It's symmetric about the long axis. No trouble single feeding or ejecting rounds. Symmetry is a good thing for accuracy characteristics.

kc0cxa

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010

I just got me an EGW for a Savage 12 LH. It is machined on the left side for a left handed rifle. I didnt have to pay anything extra. But I can tell a difference on the machining from the left and right side of the mount.

JasonB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2007
Manteca, California

Glen do you have any 38moa Lefty Bases for a Borden Alpine?
smile.gif

geargrinder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2008
Dayton, Nevada

This is the only difference on a LH EGW base. It's a 1/8" chamfer. That's it.

If you really wanted to, you could do it on a bench grinder in about 10 seconds.

IMGP1363.jpg

BTW...I run RH EGW bases on all of my LH rifles.

Garvey

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
Melissa, Texas

Thanks bro. I'll just order one that tickles my fancy and clamp it to the milling machine if it needs the chamfer. A little paint and I'm in business.