• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Leg holster for Glock 17L

rls

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2009
Akron, Ohio
Anybody know of a good tactical leg or drop holster that will accept this pistol? I was hoping for a safariland but its not looking good.

Re: Leg holster for Glock 17L

The Safariland SLS drop leg tactical holsters are all closed body AFAIK, so longer slide models aren't compatible.

The Blackhawk Serpa is available in drop leg configuration for both Level 2 and 3 retention. The longer barrel ones work fine in shorter holsters, the barrel will just stick out the bottom a little, since the Serpa is an open body design.

So just get the regular Glock 17/22/31 model. The second and third pictures shows how much protrusion there is.

2-BH430504FG-R.jpg

blackhawk-carry-gear-glock-17l.jpg

blackhawk-carry-gear-image-highlighting-the-two.jpg

Check out the Safariland 6004-683-121 (or 6005). This is a drop-leg SLS holster for the G34/35. I'm not a "Glock-O-phile", but if IIRC, the G34 essentially replaced the 17L (someone please correct if not true). I have a G34, and use the 6005-683-121. The 6005 has the "quick-release" harness strap, 6004 is fixed.

Kevin

I would check to see if a Safariland for a Glock 34 would work. Also, Blade Tech makes a tactical holster that is open on the bottom. The model for a 34 should work for the 17L with little if any protruding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ktdls7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out the Safariland 6004-683-121 (or 6005). This is a drop-leg SLS holster for the G34/35. I'm not a "Glock-O-phile", but if IIRC, the G34 essentially replaced the 17L (someone please correct if not true). I have a G34, and use the 6005-683-121. The 6005 has the "quick-release" harness strap, 6004 is fixed.

Kevin </div></div>

The Glock 17L and 24 are longer than the 34 and 35, and neither of them replaced the others.

found it, blade tech makes one specifically for the 17 longlside.