• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Legal Precendence

Rogue111

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2012
Overland Park, KS
I have always done my research when it comes to the legality of NFA items, correct routes of procurement, etc. With all the different stipulations the ATF requires for manufacturing/owning/transferring/transporting suppressors & SBR’s, you read about the felonious consequences if not followed correctly. I was wondering if anyone knew of actual instances of someone being prosecuted for a NFA item? Obviously if they were used in a crime that’s a given, but does anyone know of any instances where someone was actually imprisoned for simple ignorance of NFA laws?

I am not an attorney so no need for flaming but I have a hard time believing someone has been actually convicted of a felony for something like not knowing you cant just take off the buttstock on an AR to make a registered rifle lower into a pistol with a short barreled upper.

Just curious…