• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Legend Precision Optics?

JMGlasgow

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Apr 13, 2012
    Cheyenne, WY
    I got a random email from Legend Precision Optics. I looked them up and the only thing I can find is they are supposedly based in Ten Sleep, WY (pop 251), the only articles I can find about them are on LinkedIn, Boltrifle. com, coyotecalls. com, and their own limited website. I also found this which made me laugh a bit:

The Legend Precision scope is spec'd out and designed by Ron Dir and Steve Criner. They wanted to be able to offer optics that are comparable to other high end optics but without the price!!

"This scope has been put thru the elements and abuse that I put on products! ~Steve"

The LRA is a scope that Steve feels will cover all aspects from hunting predators, big game, and shooting PRS comps. This optic and features are coupled with a proprietary reticle designed by Sterling Justus, Long range badass.

One thing I could not find is where they are made. I'm not looking to buy one, I was just wondering I'd anyone else has heard of this company.

Hey guys. Just seen this. Yes we used the same manufacture that owns Discovery which is a showcase brand for them. They are an OEM manufacturer as well. Im not here to argue just here to clarify. Yes my holding company is based in TS WY. We have made a few mistakes putting this scope together but lack quality and affordability isnt one. We are coming out with a few different models soon but they will be out of Japan where we source our glass.

I tested these extensively for a year before release. Every big banger I built I verified the quality of components we used inside like the spring for erector system ect. Big ol tough brass components as well.

Is this a $2500 scope no. But ive been in manufacturing for a long time. I couldnt have prices it cheaper than $899 without scraping my self off the pavement from a loss.

Im just a small guy trying to make a living and produce good quality products and that are affordable and last. I did. Perfect tracking. Tough. Durable ect.

Last edited:
    Um...I don't have an IG account, nor will I ever have one. You have me confused with someone else.

I don't even use FB anymore, or any other social media except Snipershide and a few Mustang forums.

I simply got a random email and asked here if anyone has heard of them. The part that made me laugh a bit was at the end of my post from your website "Long range badass" I don't normally see that kind of thing on a product site.

The mrad reticle and the large parallax knob on your scope aren't really esthetically pleasing to my tastes. They probably work well enough, but I just don't care for them.

Hey guys, this is Steve Criner, the dog soldier. This has been in the works for years. Not a scam. These optics have been discussed on numerous podcasts and YouTube channels.

If you don't know who Steve Criner is, Google is your friend.

• Haha
    Reactions: 5RWill
    Actually google is not our friend, that leftist anti 2A, anti America hack is very much against us, haven't you paid attention the last few years.

Back to your scopes, are they made in China?
    Fair enough. It's not like I coined the phrase, and since we all know what it means, you've just chosen to be a dick for no other reason than opportunism. Don't do that, I'm better at it than you. Let's be respectful.

Fair enough. It's not like I coined the phrase, and since we all know what it means, you've just chosen to be a dick for no other reason than opportunism. Don't do that, I'm better at it than you. Let's be respectful.
    You can’t go all the way with this

My bad. It was another jm from Cheyenne. Like i said not here to argue. Our new 24 products will not look like that. One of my mistakes although i changed everything inside it does look DO. I understand the skepticism for sure. If i was claiming to reinvent the wheel it would be one thing though. Scopes are so easy to make good. Problem is most big players play big box. If we went bigbox, which im very experienced at would have to be $1500 for it to work. When companies are selling 1000’s a monh the 10$ saving on a cheaper part makes them so much money. Im not willing to do that. Come up sometime, see my shop, shoot, and just do like people on the same side are supposed to. Like i said I may and probably would learn something.

Last edited:
    Reactions: JMGlasgow
    Hey guys, this is Steve Criner, the dog soldier. This has been in the works for years. Not a scam. These optics have been discussed on numerous podcasts and YouTube channels.

If you don't know who Steve Criner is, Google is your friend.
    Oh my. Before someone throws it out there. I’m m not a soldier never claimed to be. Ive never done shit for this country except manufacture and support our guys. Ya google is scary. Good thing it dont know all the bad shit lol

I just hate google, has nothing to do with you, plus I was feeling a bit snarky and it came out wrong so I can see how you’d take it as an insult, sorry about that.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway