• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Lego movie

Erud

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2005
Man does it suck.

Just maybe I can spare someone some of the pain I experienced.

I had the exact opposite reaction: loved it! So did my kids, 9 and 6.

Batman in particular was hilarious, IMHO.

Sneak your flask in. Add contents to your Coke, sit back, sip and enjoy. Makes the movie somewhat funny.

It was much like cotton candy - a lot of fun to watch, but nothing stayed with me execpt that Batman was a jerk.

The funniest part was Billy Dee Williams reprising Lando Calrissian and hitting on the girl during his 10 seconds on screen.

Took my daughter today. The first 2/3s of the movie was better than I expected. Last 1/3 sucked IMO.

With the themes consisting of; "dangers of big government," the of pervasiveness of govt backed "infotainment," the general low quality of TV programming, and "big brother is watching you," I am very surprised the typical denizen of THIS SITE did not find more enjoyment in The Lego Movie.

At one point, I was sitting in the theater thinking... "This is what goes on in every kids mind when they are playing with their Legos! Everything IS awesome!!!" Imagine my surprise...

That said, I am firmly of the belief that there is no movie, nor with there ever be a movie, that Will Farrell cannot make worse. As above, I felt the first 2/3 was very good, but that the last 1/3 drug down the overall experience. A nice "feel good ending" but it was a bit heavy handed and syrupy for my taste. The kids loved it and I felt it was a good use of a rainy afternoon during spring break.

Before you reply, remember step 1... "Breathe..."