• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica 1600 Rangefinder-Is this a good deal?

JDB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
DFW, Texas
I have a chance to get a Leica 1600 Range Finder-Factory repaired, but new for $519....is this an "ok" deal or a "get off your butt and go get them now" deal?

They also have a nice set of Leupold Rx1000i yd range finder too for only $239

is the Leica worth the extra $$$?

Re: Leica 1600 Rangefinder-Is this a good deal?

yes, the Leica is worth the extra coin for the ranging capabilities, glass clarity and god forbid... resale value.

if the factory repaired range finder comes with a warranty from the date of your purchase..... I'd bite.

The Leica is a great LRF, but I am a little concerned about the "factory repaired" part. I remember a post where AHB (Leica Rep) states they do not repair them, they replace them. So I would ask it there is any type of warranty. A new Leica comes with a 2 year replacement warranty.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3422197&page=1

If its factory replaced and has not been registered yet, I would snag it.

As stated above, Leica's warranty service literally sucks in todays market. With more and more companies going to the lifetime guarentee, and if you have any issues they will replace or fix for free, they are falling far behind. I just had to pay $200 to fix a mechanical error in Geovids. Not anything I did, but the internals failed and instead of no charging for a $2k pair of Geovids, they charged me another $200 to fix them. Anyone want a pair of Geovids??
laugh.gif