• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica 2700b ballistic calculator SD card input questions?

elmerdeer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2008
Canada, quebec
Hi guys just bought the Leica 2700B from cameraland.
I would like to confirm a few things concerning inputting my ballistics into the SD card using Leicas ballistic calculator.
1) Can I adjust my zero range to 325 yards or am I stuck using Leicas 100,200,300 yard zero?
2) Will the outputs come out on the rangefinder as MOA or Mils or just clicks? Cause on Leicas ballistic calculator I only get my drops in inches, would prefer outputs only in MOA or MILS.
3) Is there another ballistic calculator that I can use to input my custom drops onto the 2700B?
Still haven't received the rangefinder yet but just looking for any info, I've researched older threads but cant seem to find anything concrete.

Thank you,
Elmer

Tag for responses--I took the same deal! Already got my mount from Ophious too. Excited for this kit upgrade.

I only know the answer to question #2. You can have your drop come up in Mills, MOA or Inches.

1) 100, 200 & 300 are fixed values and one of them must be chosen
2) Can be set for MOA, MILs or clicks. Under the ABC submenu on the 2700-B, the user must choose the “1-1” option for MOA or the “10” option for MILs
3) the ballistic calculator link is http://ballistictool.leica-camera.com/ create a ballistic profile on the calculator, save it to the microSD card and then insert the card into the 2700-B. In the 2700-B additional programming will need to take place. The on board programming menu follows the order listed below

a- EU/US menu for choosing meters or yards
b- BALL menu for choosing a curve (1-12) or card (card will only be visible if a properly programmed card is inserted)
c- SID menu for sight in distance (100, 200 or 300 only)
d- ABC menu for ballistic output format options EHR = Equivalent Horizontal Range, 1-1 = MOA to .1 MOA, 1-3 = 1/3 MOA clicks, 1-4 = 1/4 MOA clicks, 10 = 1cm/10mm/.1MIL clicks, 5 = 5mm/.5cm/1/20MIL clicks

I did the same thing, what is the minimum capacity for the mini SD Cards ?

I had (I think) the same question but just decided to go with the same cards that Leica supplied picked up 5 for around $25 shipped on Amazon