• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Leica Calonox view?

Ckleeves

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2017
The still decent side of Colorado
Total thermal newbie here looking for advice. I’m looking to use the Calonox view as a scanner then in the near future either buy a clip on or a dedicated thermal scope.

Lets say a guy could get the Leica for a pretty decent deal, what other options in the under 3k price range should I be looking at? Are there many Calonox out in the wild yet where guys could tell me how they stack up or should I be looking at something completely different? Thanks In advance!

I'm not gonna look that thing up but at 3k you'd be looking at something with a 640 iray core as a likely alternative. 2.5x to 3x with a nice field of view. Seems like a bunch of companies are slapping their names on thermals so you have to look at who actually makes the sensor and core and what the feature set is.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Yeah, Sum Ting Wong has more "brands" to put on thermal devices now days than a top cattle rustler back in the ole western days. :LOL:

I have mostly looked at the offerings from Bering and Pulsar, when it comes to thermal stuff I’m a complete newb so all the suggestions are helpful to at least give me ideas on specs and cost. Thanks guys I’ll keep doing my homework