• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leica geovid 2200 hdb's/130 prime 6.5/jp lrp

knuckleballz

Elk Hunter
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2013
I am very happy with my leica 2200 hd-b. First trip to the range with my leicas I found that the #3 ballistic curve matched perfectly with my 22 inch 6.5 creedmoor jp lrp rifle/prime 130 grain /srt arms xlti 9 inch suppressor/athalon cronus moa, all the way out to 600 yards. I was expecting to have to make a custom curve. This was using yards, moa, 1/4 moa clicks, 200 yard zero. Now I need to get out west so I can check it at longer ranges.

Nice!
You may need a custom curve past 700 to 800 yards. Super easy to do though. Just verify and fine tune curve with software like AB at home. Then you can fine tune futher after longer range real world testing. Mine is running true with AB to 1000 yards in my 300 win after making a minor tweak in BC. So close to real world hits not sure what the error is if any in this rifle.

I am very happy with my leica 2200 hd-b. First trip to the range with my leicas I found that the #3 ballistic curve matched perfectly with my 22 inch 6.5 creedmoor jp lrp rifle/prime 130 grain /srt arms xlti 9 inch suppressor/athalon cronus moa, all the way out to 600 yards. I was expecting to have to make a custom curve. This was using yards, moa, 1/4 moa clicks, 200 yard zero. Now I need to get out west so I can check it at longer ranges.
What velocity did you see with it? Thanks

Good luck when you want to know an angle corrected distance with them............

Good luck when you want to know an angle corrected distance with them............

What is your experience here? I haven't messed with angle corrected distance but ballistic solutions seem to work well so far. Only shot to around 20 degrees though..

I have shot out to 1000 yards, in elevation from 900ft to 10,000ft and down into canyons at 45 degree angle from 90 degrees F to 10 degree F temps, and so far for my hunting purposes the 2200hd-b geovids have been right on (within a 1/4moa)the 2017 model geovids compensate for angle of inclination.

What is your experience here? I haven't messed with angle corrected distance but ballistic solutions seem to work well so far. Only shot to around 20 degrees though..

Not good, but I am now being led to believe mine have an issue....waiting for Leica to get back to me.

Leica would have to improve their ballistic software significantly and be proven for 3-4 years before I would buy Leica again. For me, the 2000B and the newest gen HDB’s were a waste of $$, ammo and time.